Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭obi604

don't feel great and did a covid test earlier, came back positive.

BUT, sorry to be disgusting here, the swab was bloody so not sure if its even valid. thoughts? 

My nose is still bloody and poking something up it will make it worse. 

Could one just do it with a swab from the throat only? or is that another type of test kit I would need

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Murt2024

just Over it. In bed for two days with fatigue and some body aches. Back to working from home today, still a bit tired. No cough or anything.

Had flus which were 10 times worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i tested positive tuesday morning and i tested negative this morning. so i've had covid for the last 5 days without realising it. no symptoms what so ever

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lillycakes2

I found it very annoying this time. I am in late 30;s and healthy. It started off mild- bit of chills, felt really off, diarrhea, then got worse very bad congestion, very bad headache, nausea, vomiting, fever, blocked ears. Day 8 and still not right, only turning the corner really. Is anyone else having it this bad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,337 ✭✭✭mojesius

Just got the second dose of COVID here. Avoided it since 2021. Id a bad headache on Monday, chills/fever all night shaking in bed, cough started today. Yesterday, I felt a lot worse, just slept and slept and drank water. A bit better today but not much. My husband is definitely a day behind me with it.

Kids both testing negative but have to keep them at home. Will be great craic trying to entertain them while we are sick.

Apparently cases are up 20% this week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

It finally got me. I'm in my late 30s and it's my first time catching Covid. I woke up feeling rough on Tuesday and the test came back positive. I had a temperature, aches and pains, and very tired. My temperature went down yesterday, which helps a lot, but I'm still very tired, have a sore throat and snotty.

My Dad caught it for the first time during the winter and he's suffering from long Covid now. He can't walk for more than 5 or 10 minutes without getting exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭LetticebCivil

Very tired. It has moved from the head into chest. Coughed up a lot of sh1t this morning. Slept well last night. Hopefully it leaves me as quickly as it came.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lillielad

Tested positive last Wednesday (started to feel shite on Tuesday).

Had a bad cough, bad cold, and body aches, hot and cold flushes, and had a high temperature throughout the last couple of days.

Feel slightly better today but still have a bad cold, stuffy head and exhausted, any idea how long this variant lasts, definitely the worst dose of covid I've had. This possibly coincides with the fact I haven't got a vaccine in a good while but sure look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Variants are changing so much that vaccines are behind anyway. A well fitting mask helps. Not a fabric mask or those baggy blues. KN95, N95, FFP2, FFP3 masks help and good ventilation and not being around sick people.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭monkeyactive

I had Covid 2 weeks ago . The illness itself I can handle, I just play playstation in bed until it passes. It's the weeks of Brain fog and fatigue that follow that are a struggle for me. It feels like being hungover every day for usually about a month. I get this about once a year. I've read the experts believe the brain fog is a type of brain damage as the virus can cross the blood brain barrier.

This cant be good having this covid brain damage regularly, like over a lifetime that's go to add up and put some serous wear on the system. I'm tempted to get pre-emtive jabs but I could get covid any time summer to winter so it'd be hard to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Do antigen tests even pick up on new variants? (apologies if that is a stupid question).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They seem to do so, based on the number of people I've heard saying they have covid, suggests testing with antigen and infected with new variant in circulation.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Thanks. I did wonder about the tests, because my daughter has been quite ill for the last fortnight, (with a lot of the same symptoms being mentioned in the recent posts). She did antigen tests twice, but both times they were negative. Neither she nor I have ever had covid, and our last vax's were in April 2023.

The thing with antigens, if you test positive you have it… if you test negative, you might still have it / have had it, with those symptoms. Sometimes can come down to sampling technique, what stage the virus is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

Why don't the government offer PCR tests anymore, so?

Good question, I would have thought there would be scenarios where that would be useful, to clear up ambiguity about persistent symptoms. Possibly it is still done in hospitals, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,089 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

People who are at very high or high risk may be sent by their GP for testing depending on symptoms and / or a poditive antigen test .

Patients are still being tested in some areas of hospitals if at risk themselves or to others .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I picked up COVID last week, felt miserable for 2 days but coming out of it now, bit of a headache and congestion but didn't get into my chest, hardly any cough. Tested positive yesterday with of the home test kits my wife picked up from her workplace. I've had my vaccines, last booster was about 9 months ago so hopefully I'll be good until the end of the year. I've had COVID before, this time was similar, maybe less symptoms. No brain fog thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Never had it before. Tested positive early Saturday. Figure I actually caught it (I was sneezed on) Tuesday night, felt oddly fatigued on Wednesday, did a lot of walking on Thursday and found it way more taxing than usual, had cough and runny nose on Friday, and felt very poorly. . Each of these nights I sweated profusely, which is not normal for me. On the phone to my daughter (a nurse) on Friday night , she suggested I might have covid. Took two tests on Saturday morning ( by which time I was in a bad way), and both were positive. In bed or on the couch since.
    Sweated badly each night, woke up and had to change my vest which was not just damp, but actually wet.

Thought I felt a bit better yesterday, but am bucked again today.
    Wonder how long it’ll be before I turn the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Had it two weeks ago. Sore throat, two days of utter exhaustion and a few more of being sub-par. Two of us in the house tested positive, two negative but we all had it. Milder than the previous two times I had it but I’ve taken all vaccines and possibly my body has adjusted. Bearable if this is what I’ll have to deal with every 18 months. Could do without it but weaker than flu from this last dose.

Post edited by Seathrun66 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

anyone else down with this right now. On day 4 here. Bored with it! No fever but very congested nose, aches and pains, brain fog, fatigue. Starting to cough today. Both parents sick and both children well. Ugh.

Advertisement