Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Masters 10/01/21 -17/01/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭tanko

Higgins was lucky that red dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Dreadful mistake from Higgins there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

This frame is pivotal I feel.

Had it gone 8-5, I don’t think Yan would have had the experience to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Don't know why Higgins didn't play the double with a bit more pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

In off just a complete brain fade from higgins, just never countenanced it for some reason. Had frame at his mercy too.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Don't know why Higgins didn't play the double with a bit more pace.

If he attempted the double it was a strange choice of shot, always a good chance of missing it and leaving it on.
    As for the in off it must be the worst shot i've ever seen Higgins play.
    There's hope for Yan yet if he can deal with the pressure.

Yan looks the mentally stronger of the two to me at the moment. I'm beginning to fancy him for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Higgins has a lot of mistakes to shake off, I fancy Yan to win this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Hendon getting a little dig in at the BBC’s points needed graphic.

• Advertisement

Yan is looking strong but i'm still curious how he'll fare once the jamstick is in sight. Virgin territory for him. Few twists left in this yet you feel.

Come on Yan!!! Not long now before comms mention fatigue re Higgins - what with him being old an' all :p

tanko wrote: »
    If he attempted the double it was a strange choice of shot, always a good chance of missing it and leaving it on.
    As for the in off it must be the worst shot i've ever seen Higgins play.
    There's hope for Yan yet if he can deal with the pressure.

Yeah he seemed to play it half heartedly (the double). It was as if he was trying to leave the cue ball tight on the bottom cushion in case he missed it, but didn't do either. I don't think the double was the right choice of shot there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Can he start to put the pressure on now and inch in front of Higgins??

This is great play from Yan. Has another great chance to take the lead in the 15th frame. If he does, it'll be the first time since he led 2-1.

MON YAN! He's there for tekkin is 'iggins....

If Higgins loses this final he will have nightmares about that in off for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Yan is looking strong but i'm still curious how he'll fare once the jamstick is in sight. Virgin territory for him. Few twists left in this yet you feel.

Yeah I remember a final a few years ago 8-7 up against Mark Williams, he crumbled and lost 9-8. Different type of pressure when you’re in the lead close to the finishing line.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Hi all, not sure if descussed in the thread before, anyone else still feel like Higgins is a cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

Wishox wrote: »
    Hi all, not sure if descussed in the thread before, anyone else still feel like Higgins is a cheat

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If Higgins loses this final he will have nightmares about that in off for years.

Yeh...needs to have a serious talk with himself now.

Totally agree with Hendry, Higgins should have taken that red by the rail when he had the chance. It wasn't a hard pot. And what an excellently struck blue by Yan to finish it off.

Wishox wrote: »

Hi Wishox.. Start another Thread for that sorta talk//

It's Higgins who is cracking under the pressure now. This frame is crucial but i suppose they all are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Hi Wishox.. Start another Thread for that sorta talk//

woops

Yeah I remember a final a few years ago 8-7 up against Mark Williams, he crumbled and lost 9-8. Different type of pressure when you’re in the lead close to the finishing line.

Thats right, in belfast. He wobbled badly that night and while he'll have learned from that this is a much bigger test so still fascinating to see how he copes. Have to say higgins does look to be struggling, lot of untypical lapses from him tonight. Still a great player but definitely nowhere near the vintage higgins of old.

Thats right, in belfast. He wobbled badly that night and while he'll have learned from that this is a much bigger test so still fascinating to see how he copes. Have to say higgins does look to be struggling, lot of untypical lapses from him tonight. Still a great player but definitely nowhere near the vintage higgins of old.

The performance against Ronnie in the QF was as good as his best ever, but it looks like that was a one off.
    Great chance for him to go eight each now.

Good man John!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Higgins comes back again, when you think he's finished. He keeps himself in it.

• Advertisement

The performance against Ronnie in the QF was as good as his best ever, but it looks like that was a one off.
    Great chance for him to go eight each now.

Just think he was so motivated and up for the challenge against ronnie he was able to reach peak performance, or in the zone as they say. He's still motivated here of course but it's different type of challenge against different style opponent and he's struggled with his concentration level. Still hard to put away of course, as ever.

Advertisement