Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Masters 10/01/21 -17/01/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Sensational frame from Williams there. Both seem to have settled very well into this match from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It's a nicely balanced match to watch alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Williams had no business taking on that red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Scrappy frame. Murphy looks like he enjoyed himself over the festive period.

Shaun cueing well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Strange evening. Every time i keep thinking murph is going to kick on and settle it, he puts in a googly and allows williams to hit him on the counter. If mj can sneak in front i'd fancy him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,868 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Very good match but disappointed that Mark didn't get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Scrappy frame. Murphy looks like he enjoyed himself over the festive period.

He's supposed to be on a diet according to his twitter postings.

Loosing weight takes some focus so he might be better off leaving it till off season imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Good match there, great clearance to win by Murphy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Rothko wrote: »
    Very good match but disappointed that Mark didn't get through.

Out of curiosity, why?

I wouldn't be a fan at all, I think Murphy if he clicks into gear is as good as anyone to watch.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Just tuned in - didn't think it was starting until 3 :o

Robbo 3-1 up. Reds mostly all near cushions, and black over pocket. Looks like this will be a scrappy frame 5; perhaps even a rerack.

Brian? wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why?

I wouldn't be a fan at all, I think Murphy if he clicks into gear is as good as anyone to watch.

I just really like Williams and I've never really been able to warm to Murphy.

Good pot by Yan on that opening red - was funny seeing him stretching, or trying to to get to the cueball - it didn't seem like a major reach myself :P

3-2 now, and Yan in with what looks like a brilliant chance. Robbo will be rueing his recent shot selections sat in his chair...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Just tuned in - didn't think it was starting until 3 :o

The match is still starting a the usual time, but the coverage on BBC 2 is only starting at 3 o'clock....somebody mentioned yesterday that that was due to BBC broadcasting some home schooling programmes

The match is still starting a the usual time, but the coverage on BBC 2 is only starting at 3 o'clock....somebody mentioned yesterday that that was due to BBC broadcasting some home schooling programmes

That fooled me alright - was watching on Eurosport, and changed over to the Beeb for a while to hear from Ken, or JV; but they were 2-3 frames behind at the time:confused: They could have at least started from where the match was at..

It's not 1991 anymore :p Folks who don't have Sky could easily be well aware of the current score.. I see they've caught up - either that, or when I changed over there was a break on, and BBC were just showing some highlights of the earlier frames - now I'm more confused :pac:

It should start at 1pm, but they are showing Kids Schools programmes on BBC2 instead between 1 and 3.

It's hard for the Snooker or anything else to challenge this, but Kids Schools programmes are on BBC2 and the Red Button at this time, and CBeebies is on BBC 4. So that just leaves BBC1 for non School/kids related programming at that time of the afternoon.

It should start at 1pm, but they are showing Kids Schools programmes on BBC2 instead between 1 and 3.

It's hard for the Snooker or anything else to challenge this, but Kids Schools programmes are on BBC2 and the Red Button at this time, and CBeebies is on BBC 4. So that just leaves BBC1 for non School/kids related programming at that time of the afternoon.

They could be watching the snooker for P.E.

Robertson turning this match into a real slog, could easily have had it won by now.

Robertson on the ropes here. Few more pots and he's out.

Bingtao tied Robertson up in absolute knots in that last frame.

Well done to Yan. He played very cleverly in that final frame.

• Advertisement

Masters is wide open now. The top two players out already.

Will be an interesting week. Selby out tonight has to fancy his chances. I wonder what shape O'Sullivan will be in tomorrow? If he had his head screwed on at all he'd have a decent chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Rothko wrote: »
    Well done to Yan. He played very cleverly in that final frame.
    Didn't know Yan was such a shrewd tactican, enjoyed it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

weemcd wrote: »
    Masters is wide open now. The top two players out already.

Will be an interesting week. Selby out tonight has to fancy his chances. I wonder what shape O'Sullivan will be in tomorrow? If he had his head screwed on at all he'd have a decent chance.

Selby knocked his tip off last week so he might have a problem with that...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Didn't know Yan was such a shrewd tactican, enjoyed it.

His tactical play is excellent normally, if anything he can be too conservative sometimes.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

They could be watching the snooker for P.E..

It could help arithmetic.

'Mark Allen is 64 behind with four reds on the table. How many snookers does Mark need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

It just doesn't get any more careless than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

This could be good now with Selby looking for snookers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Genghis

Enjoyable enough match tonight. Selby very much off boil and Maguire holding his cool, 6-3 probably about right.

So that's top seed (Covid), second and fourth seed (knocked out) gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ronnie practicing 6 hours a day. This should be interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

zuutroy wrote: »
    Ronnie practicing 6 hours a day.

Doesn't show so far!

Advertisement