Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank - Duplicate mortgage payments

• 08-01-2021 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Has anyone else had duplicate mortgage payments taken from their account this month? I got a text about it at 4.59. Of course they wont answer the phones after 5....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Just checked mine out of interest. It was 5 days late but that was the only anomaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

I called them yesterday and they told me to make a manual payment due to Bank holiday on the 4th.... :confused: Of course I paid it to avoid missed payment and now the original has gone through also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Timing belt

shane1981 wrote: »
    I called them yesterday and they told me to make a manual payment due to Bank holiday on the 4th.... :confused: Of course I paid it to avoid missed payment and now the original has gone through also.

Just make a complaint and they will refund your payment and make sure you are not out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Just make a complaint and they will refund your payment and make sure you are not out of pocket.

But Im already out of pocket! I have called and they wont answer phones til Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

shane1981 wrote: »

I’m surprised they gave you that advice, and also that you thought to call them on it in the first instance!

There wouldn’t have been a missed payment because a public holiday happened to fall around the time a scheduled payment is made.

• Advertisement
Advertisement