Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC Controllers

• 09-01-2021 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 32
    Jackomon

Does anyone know any good online shops where you can order a PC Controller, or can I use one of my old ones? I only have 1 Xbox 360 Controller & a PS4 controller, but don't have any cables for the Xbox 360 Controller.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Both of those will work on a PC, the 360 controller has had support for ages and the DS4 got support a couple of years back. Should just be able to connect either of them to the PC via a USB cable and the PC should automatically install the drivers and you're good to go. Also works via Bluetooth if you have that, but the last time I tried it was finnicky so I stuck to wired.

The Xbox One controllers are supposed to be one of the best for PC. And the Xbox Elite controller is even better. If you were lucky to get a PS5, I believe the DualSense is already supported, but you won't get the same haptic and adaptive features, it would function like a DS4 until devs include support for the haptic/adaptive in their games.

You could also try asking in (or a mod could move to) the PC Gaming forum. They'd be happy to help and would have more experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I would use your 360 controller as all the on screen prompts are designed for it and it is still considered one of the best for the PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You need the wireless receiver for the 360 controller, which costs about as much as buying an alternative PC controller. You can get wired and wireless knock off xbox controllers for about €20-30, [wireless ones may be more like €40] I've both a wired one [knock of xbox one controller] and a wireless Trust PC pad, both work without any issues. With the wireless ones you get the usb receiver along with. I got a wired PowerA xbox one controller, like this one here [only mine is blue] https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20Series/Games/75322/powera-wired-white-controller-for-xbox and it's great, really comfortable, doesn't feel cheap, it was simply plug in and play no set up

the xbox one updated wireless controller works straight off with windows through bluetooth

very nice controller - nicer feel than the 360 controlller

if your xbox 360 controller is wireless you need a usb wireless receiver

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/For-Microsoft-Xbox-360-Controller-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-PC-Adapter-Win-10-8-7/303614815919?hash=item46b0da6eaf:g:l4cAAOSwq5ZfAZEz

Advertisement