Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds in the roof - reccomendations needed

Options
  • 09-01-2021 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm having a problem lately with birds getting into my roof or fascia. They are my unofficial alarm clock in the morning!

I would like to get the entry point in the roof closed up before nesting season. Just looking for reccomendations on anyone in Donegal who provides this kind of service?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

You require a product called bird stop or eaves comb a roofer or carpenter would be able to fit while your local hardware shop should be able to source it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

Murphy14 wrote: »
    You require a product called bird stop or eaves comb a roofer or carpenter would be able to fit while your local hardware shop should be able to source it

Thanks for the advice! Is this something that is an easy job to install or would it be a significant effort for a roofer?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

lc180 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! Is this something that is an easy job to install or would it be a significant effort for a roofer?
    Its a simple job but... if you have a hole in the fascia or soffit it is often as a result of the timber rotting so that may need to be addressed. You may need the fascia board or part of it replaced and have the felt/rafters/battens checked for deterioration

Are you sure its the fascia? Just for clarity the fascia is the vertical boarding at the bottom of the roof that gutters are affixed to. The soffit is the horizontal board from the bottom of the fascia to the wall. Just to finish off the terminology the barge is the board you will find at the end of the roof along the gable walls.

Anyhow if its your fascia something like this will do the job. A roofer/carpenter is best for these jobs but a good (recommended) handyman will also be able to sort it. I dont know anyone in that area myself but check the likes of the Dealer and Facebook.

Advertisement