Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I know where I'm buying from

Options
  • 09-01-2021 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Is the .ie web address confirmation that I'm buying in Ireland?

If I want to buy from asics or Adidas etc how can I be sure its not coming from the UK.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No, its no guarantee that they ship from Ireland. Adidas come from Germany, can’t remember with ASICS, but they have a store in Ireland, so they should be ok. You need to check with each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Is the .ie web address confirmation that I'm buying in Ireland?

If I want to buy from asics or Adidas etc how can I be sure its not coming from the UK.

It was a condition of a .ie email address that you had to have a presence in Ireland in the early days and in many cases you had to outline the plan for your domain name, I have multiple .ie domain names which I haven't developed, but will continue to renew with the plan to develop them in the future.

Now you apply and can get a .ie within minutes without any checks that I'm aware of, or maybe because I have already purchased they don't want me jumping through hoops continually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I had that experience with Lego.com this week. In stock email had Danish address on it but I got a courier notification from DPD UK and the shipping notification that came two hours later has a Slough address. Fuming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lego generally comes from the Czech Republic but passed through DPD UK. They seem to be routing via France now from other routing I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

L1011 wrote: »
    Lego generally comes from the Czech Republic but passed through DPD UK. They seem to be routing via France now from other routing I've seen.

Thanks, will keep my fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Thanks! Just have to keep my wits about me I suppose

Advertisement