Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Network Log on

Options
  • 09-01-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

All,
    I need some help, i cant log into PS network. I have 2 step verification turned on but when i request a code it is not sent to my phone. Im beginning to think that i am hacked.

What is the best thig to do? does anyone have a contact number for support?#

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How did they hack you without your phone to receive the code?

Can you do a "forgot my password"?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Yeah I tried that but it sends a verification code to my phone but I'm not getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Irishder wrote: »
    Yeah I tried that but it sends a verification code to my phone but I'm not getting it

Do you think the issue is with your phone then!?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are you with an MVNO? (Virgin, GoMo, Tesco...)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

All,
    I need some help, i cant log into PS network. I have 2 step verification turned on but when i request a code it is not sent to my phone. Im beginning to think that i am hacked.

What is the best thig to do? does anyone have a contact number for support?#

I’m nearly certain you haven’t been hacked. Sometimes the codes just don’t send for ages, been through it myself enough times.

How I got around it was by logging in via the browser on my phone that I get the 2FA codes sent to (I can’t remember why it worked, it’s possible that it recognised the device and the code was input automatically but I honestly can’t remember). I then disabled 2FA, and set it up again with Google Authenticator so I don’t have to wait for any texts now.

If you do get it sorted, I’d highly recommend switching your 2 step to an app like that, texts from Sony are very unreliable in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

When you request a code are you fully sure it's a text you're expecting and not it asking you to use Google authenticator (app) to receive a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

As soon as Sony allowed the use of another method of 2 step rather than text message I chose it.

I use Authy as it allows you to back up and link to your email and phone sim, so if you loose the phone or it breaks you're not locked out of everything.

ED E wrote: »
    Are you with an MVNO? (Virgin, GoMo, Tesco...)

yes with Tesco, does that make a difference?

Berty wrote: »
    When you request a code are you fully sure it's a text you're expecting and not it asking you to use Google authenticator (app) to receive a code?

yeah it says check your mobile phone for a text message

just bought Fifa the other day and cant use it ,headwrecking stuff. Thanks for all the help. Does anyone have a contact number for Playstation?

• Advertisement

After writing them an email this morning no response, On Facebook messenger no response. I cant believe they don't have a phone number for support

After writing them an email this morning no response, On Facebook messenger no response. I cant believe they don't have a phone number for support

Have you tried the chatbot? I don't have much faith in chat bots but you never know, could transfer you if it didn't work out.

Have you tried the chatbot? I don't have much faith in chat bots but you never know, could transfer you if it didn't work out.

yeah it just goes around in circles

really frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

There is one somewhere, its been posted before, i'll try dig it up.

try 01 691 7379. Opened 10.30 to 7pm.

Thanks but link not working for me

Thanks but link not working for me

I went and Google PSN Support, got the Irish Page and then went to Contact pages and selected Account & Security, selected Manage Account and Online ID and right below it then pops up Need to Contact us?

Below that is the button Live Chat: Open 10:30 to 19:00

Got the phone number , 01-6917379. Account is compromised, seems like someone set up 2 step verification. Has to go to another team now to be resolved .

Thanks everyone for the help

Would be interested in knowing how they got past your 2-step verification.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Would be interested in knowing how they got past your 2-step verification.

i think they set it up, not sure if i had it enabled in the first place.

lady on the phone said the phone number linked to the account is a UK number.

No transactions or anything like that so at least i was not fleeced.

• Advertisement

No transactions or anything like that so at least i was not fleeced.

Maybe they tried and couldn't. I was hacked on Amazon, eBay and somehow on my own browsers(same time) now nearly everything is 2FA, where it exists, even Paypal. Yes, it's annoying having to do the text thing every single time or App unlock like ebay but the one time you're hacked you'll be glad to have the confidence you've 2FA setup.

Now I did have 2FA on my US PSN and it was very annoying. I was able to log into my US PSN on a desktop and actually turn off 2FA without needing to perform 2FA. That was very very dangerous to allow that to happen. I had issues with the Authenticaor App so turned it to Text message instead.

i think they set it up, not sure if i had it enabled in the first place.

Fair enough if you didn't have it enabled, but your op said you had 2 step set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

I sold my ps4 in anticiapation of the ps5 whoch i am yet to get. Did te whole factory reset.

I have now tried to log into the PSN on the app and cant. Went to reset the password and the answers to the security questions (DOB, place of birth) are coming up as incorrect.

Anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?

Advertisement