Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Building A PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

cas2kx wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just finalised the parts I'm going to use for my first build. Am I missing any parts or is there anything extra I should look to buy?

PCPartPicker Part List
    Total: €1169.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-09 13:48 CET+0100

What is the pc for: video editing, gaming etc? What games or software you'd be using? What's a monitor size, resolution, refresh rate? What's the max budget? (incl. or excl. a monitor?) Do you also need a new monitor or using a current?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

Citrus_8 wrote: »
    What is the pc for: video editing, gaming etc? What games or software you'd be using? What's a monitor size, resolution?
    Mainly for a bit of gaming and a bit of programming. Gaming wise it would be nice to be able to play new games as I don't plan to buy a ps5 any time soon. I'm hoping it would be good for using blender and unity. Only using a 1080p monitor at the moment but I will properly upgrade it later in the year. The 3060 ti is a bit overkill I think but the way the market is it was that or a 5600 xt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I think you should buy a secondhand Wraith Prism cooler off adverts. :pac:

Seriously though a slightly better cooler would be a nice addition, the stock one is a bit loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

cas2kx wrote: »
    Mainly for a bit of gaming and a bit of programming. Gaming wise it would be nice to be able to play new games as I don't plan to buy a ps5 any time soon. I'm hoping it would be good for using blender and unity. Only using a 1080p monitor at the moment but I will properly upgrade it later in the year. The 3060 ti is a bit overkill I think but the way the market is it was that or a 5600 xt.
    "New games" doesn't say anything - need to be more specific. Same with software...

For 1080p 3600/3600X/3600XT or 5600X and GPU 1660Ti/2060. When you'll change a monitor to 1440p or 4K, you can change a GPU. There's no point in buying a good GPU and use it for 1080p gaming. I wouldn't recommend 5600XT or 5700XT due to their driver issues.

As above, I'd get a better cooler - Noctua for air or Corsair for AIO or something similar/alternative.

Don't know that motherboard, not sure if it's a good one. I'd recommend a more opened case, but I think this is one isn't the worst.

Advertisement