Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly self employed, mortgage possibilities

• 09-01-2021 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've moved back to Ireland last October to take up an engineering contractor role in the pharma industry.. A lot of mortgages require 2 years of company accounts. My wife has a full time position. We would have a deposit of about 1
    €100k. What would the best approach to getting a mortgage be? Or anybody been in similar situation? Haven't started looking yet in ernest, was going to go to a broker to get the best deal but wondering with being so recently self employed will they accepted application? Maybe it's different when my company has a 40hr/week contract so income is steady?

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

For slightly ‘less standard’ mortgage applications, a broker can be a good first step to identify the lenders most likely to be suitable and how to approach the application.

While it is not directly related, you should take some advice on the nature of the relationship between you and the pharma entity and any implications arising. Revenue may see that as an employer/employee scenario as opposed to self employed contractor.

Advertisement