Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your line is weak but your point is strong: Liveline from 10th January

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    I rang my eccentric 72 yr old uncle Christmas day to see how he was doing. He'd normally be at my brother's with my mother, his sister.
    He spent the day transferring Joe Dolan and Big Tom CDs that he bought "off the Irelands Own" onto tape for the car.

War colour is his car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

does this surpass our award for "Best Craic and Singing at a International Football Tournament".

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

BPKS wrote: »
    I'm just thinking since Ireland has topped the Covid infection rate.

Remember when Varadkar said sometime in November that people should not travel home, eg from the UK, for Christmas as it was not essential travel.

Remember how Duffy was really p1ssed off about it and played the clip over and over and had a flurry of calls of people giving out that their son or daughter couldn't come home. Or that the 1500 travellers that came to Rathkeale to party over the Xmas shouldn't come back.

Now that the UK variant has taken hold in this island, I wonder would Joe be happy enough to stand over his initial criticism of what was said back then.

Or has the wind changed direction again for Joe (just blame the restaurants and pubs).

If I could like this a thousand times, I would.

It's about time Duffy, and the others in RTE who were bleating about the "poor emigrants" being told not to come home for "The Christmas", were called out.

Sheer barefaced hypocrisy to be now decrying the high infection rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I rang my eccentric 72 yr old uncle Christmas day to see how he was doing. He'd normally be at my brother's with my mother, his sister.
    He spent the day transferring Joe Dolan and Big Tom CDs that he bought "off the Irelands Own" onto tape for the car.

You should get him a pencil. You know it'll come in useful in the near future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

While were are top of the Premier League in terms of infection rates for the last 7 days, we are still languishing in League 1 for Mortality per million.

48th place in Mortality per million over previous 7 days.

43rd place in total Mortality per million.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

While were are top of the Premier League in terms of infection rates for the last 7 days, we are still languishing in League 1 for Mortality per million.

48th place in Mortality per million over previous 7 days.

43rd place in total Mortality per million.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

I'd really love to see the reasons behind these varied stats. Eg, UK isn't a third world health service. Would like to see accurate comparators of people who got treated in the various countries. How many presented early and got timely treatment, rural or urban, how many died at home without really getting medical attention etc etc.

I'd really love to see the reasons behind these varied stats. Eg, UK isn't a third world health service. Would like to see accurate comparators of people who got treated in the various countries. How many presented early and got timely treatment, rural or urban, how many died at home without really getting medical attention etc etc.

A country i have never previously heard of:

Has Catmaniac ever visited Eswatini ?

1) Webeenar - Mudders and Babbies Commission

2) The Chief Bottle Washer from yesterday

3) Grand Aunt, inheritance tax

4) Booze clamp down by gubberment

5) anything but the above, aiming for 3 callers today again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

De government launching the mother and baby report.

Stories of abuse

Clip from yesterday.

Incredible story of courage.

Inheritance tax

Alcohol sales and club cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Mother and baby webinar updates.

Abuse from a number of people. Joe listing his faveriots.

Joe betraying the lady who took on the free labour last week by airing the other side of the story.

Mark's grand aunt left him a free house in an up and comming area of Dublin. 33% inheritance tax. What's the issue? Joe pays highly reduced tax already so he must be shocked at this rate.

New drink measures. Joe mangled whatever point he was trying to make on this topic.

Here's wat duz be promised to feature on de show today but who da funk knows so to speak wat will take Herr Duff's fancy today?
    • German Print Industry in arms over decision of some English language authors and dat to print bukes in Engerland or Ireland and dat
    • A webinar so to speak for de mudders and babby's commission and dat
    • Abuse and dat to amuse de host
    • Caller from yesterday
    • Incredible, wunderful, fantastic, brilliant x 200,000
    • Man who was left a house by a woman who was like a mudder to him (i.e. they're not related) is complaining dat he has to pay inheritance tax
    • OFF licences and tax and dat and club cards - whoy?

I tink I did misheard de lyrics of dis dong dare for a second as I tawt de singer said "you're having a little trouble fingering me"
    :eek:

I think he's saying "figuring"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

dvcireland wrote: »
    3) Grand Aunt, inheritance tax

He should have married her before she doyed so to speak :D

You may not marry your:
    • Grandmother or grandfather
    • Mother or father
    • Father’s sister (aunt) or brother (uncle)
    • Mother’s sister (aunt) or brother (uncle)
    • Sister or brother
    • Father’s daughter (half sister) or son (half brother)
    • Mother’s daughter (half sister) or son (half brother)
    • Daughter or son
    • Son’s daughter (granddaughter) or son (grandson)
    • Daughter’s daughter (granddaughter) or son (grandson)
    • Brother’s daughter (niece) or son (nephew)
    • Sister’s daughter (niece) or son (nephew)
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/getting_married/legal_prerequisites_for_marriage.html#

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Mother and baby webinar updates.

Abuse from a number of people. Joe listing his faveriots.

Joe betraying the lady who took on the free labour last week by airing the other side of the story.

Mark's grand aunt left him a free house in an up and comming area of Dublin. 33% inheritance tax. What's the issue? Joe pays highly reduced tax already so he must be shocked at this rate.

New drink measures. Joe mangled whatever point he was trying to make on this topic.

"You can't buy drink with club cards anymore."

Alcohol sales and club cards.

I'm not expecting much sympathy from Joe on that one. You can't get Bollingers in Tesco anyway.

"You can't buy drink with club cards anymore."

Further proof he has never been in Tesco in his life because you could never buy alcohol(or anything else) with the club card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Here's wat duz be promised to feature on de show today but who da funk knows so to speak wat will take Herr Duff's fancy today?
    • German Print Industry in arms over decision of some English language authors and dat to print bukes in Engerland or Ireland and dat

A Hachette job, so to speak

Further proof he has never been in Tesco in his life because you could never buy alcohol(or anything else) with the club card.

De staff do be be do be doin' de groceries messages in Savage's in Swords so to speak or Nolan's in Clontarf and dat.

I just had a thought. If you think you are having a bad day, imagine you're the editor in the publishing house that publishes Joes bukes.

"Oh no, a manuscript from Joe Duffy. Working title "De cislers who did be doyin' during de epidemic".

Excerpt "and it did be terrible at de toime so to speak, dat dere be no vaccine and de peeple didn't be doin the wearin of the masks so to speak and dat".

De staff do be be do be doin' de groceries messages in Savage's in Swords so to speak or Nolan's in Clontarf and dat.

And Wrights of Marino for de smoked salmon caller.

And Wrights of Marino for de smoked salmon caller.

De chef ruined de dinner last night so he did. De fookin' smoked salmon starter was cold again so it was in all in anywayz. It duz be very hard ta get good staff deeze days.

• Advertisement

The timing was wrong but I suggested to my cousin that she could have entered a Civil Partnership with her aunt, which would have been legal as far as I know, to avoid inheritance. She said she would have done that had the aunt been in the full of her faculties so to speak, and the aunt would definitely have approved some years earlier had that been available.

Had to run de gauntlet to get my messages this morning, de gauntlet of coffee drinkers crowding de pavement outside Howard's Way in Churchtown. Then de staff in Supervslu were at kissing distance from each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Dead air.... brilliant stuff

Didya know that dead air is a cardinal sin in most broadcasting organisations, as it makes them sound like numpties.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

M

The intro tape jammed so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

D'Arcy is in early today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Colm Lopez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Darcy at it again...even when working remotely

Back to de misery.

his Da was a randy Spanish sailor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

WHat is going on here, off to a mad start with this lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

This lad will be taking his time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Mudder and Baby stuff for a couple of weeks

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭steinbock123

This chap likes the sound of his own voice ....

alas Savages reign as the Retail King has ended in Swords

Early tears.

Is that tears or a yawn?

unexpected tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

If the apology was accompanied by a large amount of compo, would you accept it Colm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Early tears.

I thought it was a yawn

• Advertisement

This chap likes the sound of his own voice ....

He lets de callers talk occasionally to be fair - esp. if they agree with him.

Gonna be grim listening today

i wunder if this lad was handy at football like Robbie Martin

Gonna be grim listening today

Thankfully I have a meeting at 2.

Enjoy the misery

dvcireland wrote: »
    alas Savages reign as the Retail King has ended in Swords

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

'tis a Dunes now, or at least under Dunnes ownership. I've only been in it once so to speak. It was very busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Wall to wall misery and death coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

If Colm follows his own logic, all the land owned by the state should also be confiscated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

This will be a truly grim week. (For good reason because the things that went on in these places was truly fking evil) But Joe will absolutely lap it all up.

I don't think the Taoiseach is really to blame here, some of these people who ran these are still alive. Bang them up.

M

The fadders of the kids are getting off lightly, surely they should be locked up if what they did at the time was a croyme and child maintenance money with interest should be taken from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Blame the church all you want, and the state, but there's more than enough culpability at a family level.

Maybe we should take their sh1t as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good man lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement