Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your line is weak but your point is strong: Liveline from 10th January

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Lets the hear the story one more time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sadly all this was the mainstream view of society back then, and back not so long ago.

Yes, this x 100. And Herr Duffy despite his claims to the contrary would have been one of the gossipers shaking his head at de sinners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Joe is afraid that Magella is going to steal his material for his next buke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

She was disciplined. Or checked in Duffy speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

You 'fell' pregnant, love

Could happen as you're walking down the street.

• Advertisement

They will hardly mention that the maternity ward in the tuam home was opened because the "paying customers" in the bon secours up town complained about sharing a ward with the unwed mothers and their children, will they?

Terry Prone on Lahn 1.

She got an apology.

Looking for a few quid now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This women would do well to quit the repetitive media appearances and put it behind her and move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Why is this stuff on when the Covid figures are a huge problem?

Distraction therapy ordained by the Great and Good up high
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

It's a caller driven show caller. Nothing at all to do with the presenters agenda. Or what he wants to get off to today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

as miserable as this is, its a break from COVID chat i find....plus talking about restrictions will just incite joe to talk non-sense similar to him tutting and moaning about people not being able to fly home before xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

She got an apology.

Looking for a few quid now
    from more book sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

An apology and a can of Coke perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

A silver-lined apology will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Lesson to be learned - never let virtuous, moralising purists gain a foothold in society.
    And I ain't talking about the church now...

Tears,and he didn't even try. He's a pro :)

If only de guards had been around in the old days to do something!

When my grandfather believed my mother was pregnant with her dodgy dashing sailor boyfriend she was brought for a meeting with the parish priest at Beechwood. When it dawned on her why she might be there being interrogated by the PP, with questions like "have you a worry you would like to share with us?" she decided to lead him a merry dance and tease him with answers that begged more questions! He was furious when it emerged there was no pregnancy at hand.

Duffy eating toffees again today

Fuk this,I'm out for a while.

• Advertisement
    M

It's gas he's trying to see what was covered up and he won't let the caller mention the name of the Minister who signed off on the compensation deal.

This women would do well to quit the repetitive media appearances and put it behind her and move on

She got an apology and wants another one.

I do sympathise with her, but apologies so many years later mean nothing.

Drew Harris gave her an apology. Drew Harris was 19 when she gave birth, he had zero involvement. An apology from Michael Martin would be equally meaningless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What doesn’t get mentioned at all is that most of the gossip and tittle-tattle that went on about single mothers was carried out by other women!

Ex cop says theres nothing can be done. WOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I like the idea of taking the property, as my cousin said the churches (monuments to tyranny) should be demolished and used to build new roads...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

They'll be selflessly making the case as to why they should be last to get it :D

Today, it was said that AstraZeneca now have an 'approved' vaccine.

So, Pfizer, Oxford, Moderna, Astra, - but are these all vaccines slightly different?

Duffy having a canary every time yer man says the word "minister":)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,673 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Did she just reference Ardnacusha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭piplip87

What is even more sickening by all of this is theres thousands of aul ones listening to this putting their 5er or tenner aside every week and will go and give it to the church as soon as they can get the collection baskets doing the rounds again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭golondrinas

No money in forgetting it.
    Are there going to be payouts for riding in the station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

It's a caller driven show caller. Nothing at all to do with the presenters agenda. Or what he wants to get off to today.

The producer vets the callers, and so is steering the show towards this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Would you like some free slaves there missus?

It's gas he's trying to see what was covered up and he won't let the caller mention the name of the Minister who signed off on the compensation deal.

Wat is his issue with that? It's a matter of public record, not a state secret FFS.

You rang me!

piplip87 wrote: »
    What is even more sickening by all of this is theres thousands of aul ones listening to this putting their 5er or tenner aside every week and will go and give it to the church as soon as they can get the collection baskets doing the rounds again.

My mother was given the job of distributing the envelopes for the collection years ago. A box arrived just before christmas with more envelopes to distribute. My mother is in a nursing home and my father is an aetheist. My dad commented, "Oh good, we were running out of fire lighters".
    The producer vets the callers, and so is steering the show towards this

There is a team of researchers who vet the callers depending on the agenda of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I like the idea of taking the property, as my cousin said the churches (monuments to tyranny) should be demolished and used to build new roads...

The later Greeks and Romans did a lot of that - demolishing temples and using the stone for their own houses and roads.
    Half of the Parthenon is inside local buildings.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Covid my ar*e folks. 9000 children died from 1922-1990s. Tens of thousands of women and children passed through these institutions. A lot more than have caught Covid so far. And most of these, their lives were changed forever, usually for worse.
    Have some perspective, instead of your self-absorbed fear of, and titillation, by Covid.
    These people deserve their hearing. Whoever leaked the document should serve jail-time as they signed up to that level of secrecy.

Go Colm!!!

Good man Colm.

M

Fook the neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭golondrinas

We had the phone in the hall. My missus insisted on having ours installed by the fire. Not going to stand out in the hall. Good choice. It’s now gone to a good home,ie, an Indian Restaurant.

"The pain can't be airbrushed"

But let me tell you why the 10 slaves the church placed in my house had a great time.

"it was different my foot"

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Covid my ar*e folks. 9000 children died from 1922-1990s. Tens of thousands of women and children passed through these institutions. A lot more than have caught Covid so far. And most of these, their lives were changed forever, usually for worse.
    Have some perspective, instead of your self-absorbed fear of, and titillation, by Covid.
    These people deserve their hearing. Whoever leaked the document should serve jail-time as they signed up to that level of secrecy.

I know what your saying but just to point out, we've had 153,000 cases of Covid in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Colm is a bit of a loose cannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭shearforce

Didn't see this twist from Colm, attacking the latest caller

Joe: we won't compare and contrast

Good man Colm. Calling this one out for what she is. She ain't wriggling out of her role in this.

This could get good.

O Connor is a very Dominican name alright

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement