Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your line is weak but your point is strong: Liveline from 10th January

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He's a great actor (under-rated IMO) and a very funny dude.
    Totally agree, plus he can dance!
    Janet Jackson on lip sync battle?!? Amazing!
    Oh and his Magic Mike dancing on SNL... yikes...bring me my smelling salts!

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    That's mainly down to the host being useless at his job.

He cuts dead some genuine people who were getting into worthwhile story, and then let's likes of a person who clearly has no end in sight to her talking, ramble on incoherently. A competent presenter could have handled this perfectly well, and politely "talked over" her whilst thanking her for her contribution and letting her know there was a queue of callers who would bear witness to the type of point she was making (well she wasn't making much of a point but that's besides), and then switch callers. Does he not have a "silence" button he could press to kill her protesting voice? I think he does, because others' voices disappear with some regularity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

gmisk wrote: »
    Totally agree, plus he can dance!
    Janet Jackson on lip sync battle?!? Amazing!
    Oh and his Magic Mike dancing on SNL... yikes...bring me my smelling salts!

Was in not Nicki Minaj? Was in the first/original one anyway.........

Merchant is also very good in that.

But not as funny as this:

Was in not Nicki Minaj? Was in the first/original one anyway.........

Merchant is also very good in that.

But not as funny as this:
    On lip sync battle you do a few songs I think.

Oh he does Christina Aguilera right lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,150 ✭✭✭✭zell12

When will I get my prick, Joe?
    ErtWee-XcAMIzhP?format=png&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

zell12 wrote: »

The 60 - 64 age group seem to be missing from that plan. It's a disgrace Joe

The Minister Ossian Smyth responds: Typo: line 11 should say 55-64 and not 55-59. Apologies. Updated image on the way!

The Minister Ossian Smyth responds: Typo: line 11 should say 55-64 and not 55-59. Apologies. Updated image on the way!

Thanks for that Zell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

There going to be sacrificed:P

how old is Joe btw?

Happy4all wrote: »
    There going to be sacrificed:P

how old is Joe btw?

He turns 65 at the end of this month according to Google!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Doesn't matter.

They'll be calling Joe in their droves tomorrow anyway. No better lad than himself to stir it.

Jesus there goes the summer hols to Italy for me.
    I'd say will need a negative test to fly anyway.
    My other half is due to get his this month apparently (works in health care).
    I wonder if it will become available privately at some stage?

I have an appointment to attend a mystery "Covid Clinic" in St Vincent's University Hospital under Prof Mallon in late March. Never tested positive for Covid.

He turns 65 at the end of this month according to Google!

Poor craytur has to keep wurkin’ away wen he should be enjoying’ his retirement so to speak because he has no pension, and him on a pittance all deeze years. It’s a good job he’s a simple wurkin’ class man wit a wurkin’ class wurk ettic and dat and a wurkin’ class accent to boot with no notions and dat. He’s a martyr really wen ya think abour ih, always puttin’ de needs a de peeple above his own. A national hero he is, like Terry Prone.

Just finished watching a documentary which I recorded on the Virgin box. About sex differences in medical outcomes, and how men are 40% more likely to die from Covid and all viral diseases, presenter Dr Ronx (a female doctor) suggested males should rightfully be prioritised for Covid vaccines. Can one imagine the calls to Joe if this were to be applied in the criteria over here!

Just finished watching a documentary which I recorded on the Virgin box. About sex differences in medical outcomes, and how men are 40% more likely to die from Covid and all viral diseases, presenter Dr Ronx (a female doctor) suggested males should rightfully be prioritised for Covid vaccines. Can one imagine the calls to Joe if this were to be applied in the criteria over here!

Roe McDermott, Jennifer Gannon, and Ciara Kelly on Lahns 1, 2, and 3. Dr. Ebun Joseph on Lahn 4 in case Dr. Ronx was referring to white males.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

He cuts dead some genuine people who were getting into worthwhile story, and then let's likes of a person who clearly has no end in sight to her talking, ramble on incoherently. A competent presenter could have handled this perfectly well, and politely "talked over" her whilst thanking her for her contribution and letting her know there was a queue of callers who would bear witness to the type of point she was making (well she wasn't making much of a point but that's besides), and then switch callers. Does he not have a "silence" button he could press to kill her protesting voice? I think he died, because others' voices disappear with some regularity.
    You're really going to have to get a grip of the predictive text!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292129f9ac3a27dbaf8d58d33501708088dffa1f1f&rid=giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292129f9ac3a27dbaf8d58d33501708088dffa1f1f&rid=giphy.gif

I just got sick in my mouth.

• Advertisement

After de election...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e33c33d646341af8839d50fb8068e91894069d93&rid=giphy.gif

After de election...

Wood ya like some more coddle Lizzy or some more TK Red Lemonade, wha?

After de election...

De red velour waistcoat is conspicuous by its absence so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

He really should be pointed in the direction of the gentlemansgazette and dat.

A gentleman needs to know his ettykat from his cravette and his mustard from his yella sotospeak.

Roe McDermott, Jennifer Gannon, and Ciara Kelly on Lahns 1, 2, and 3. Dr. Ebun Joseph on Lahn 4 in case Dr. Ronx was referring to white males.

And Elaine Crowley holding.

And Elaine Crowley holding.

Is she one of them do to speak? I wasn’t aware....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Shut isn’t wokeism one of the prerequisites for any job now. The first questions from the chairman of the selection committee would be . And how woke are you. In less than ten sentences ,please.Then , would you tell the hundred or so people in the hall not to bother coming back after lunch . ( They ,the committee , were told yesterday who was getting the job but had to go through the motions.):rolleyes:

Shut isn’t wokeism one of the prerequisites for any job now. The first questions from the chairman of the selection committee would be . And how woke are you. In less than ten sentences ,please.Then , would you tell the hundred or so people in the hall not to bother coming back after lunch . ( They were told yesterday who was getting the job but had to go through the motions.):rolleyes:

Ah I do be wit ya now called so to speak.

Have you never seen her?

Ciara Kelly is tame compared to her.

De red velour waistcoat is conspicuous by its absence so to speak.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2900013c701624d7e03118ca31253e63a319da5abd&rid=giphy.gif

Have you never seen her?

Nope. I've seen her, but not her show so to speak.
    Ciara Kelly is tame compared to her.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

A perfect afternoon to go and do something else

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

On twodaze show:
    • Mudders and babbies Part 5 of 256 of de year 2-21
    • Sir-voy-vers. Upsetness and dat at de language - I do be do be do be do be upset at yer language everday Mr. Duffy
    • Phone rang - bollox, and dat

Boring stuff!

ZbuYzi8.jpg

ZbuYzi8.jpg

Someone has an unusual hobby :D

Nope. I've seen her, but not her show so to speak.

giphy.gif

You should watch it. I think you would really like it.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2993b35848ca5ff699ee28465f52d9fc3ce450b053&rid=giphy.gif

You should watch it. I think you would really like it.

I think my head would explode given your description.

giphy.gif

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar sez Bryan Dobson, only to correct himself. Happens so often, it's a gift for Oliver Callan.

• Advertisement

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar sez Bryan Dobson, only to correct himself. Happens so often, it's a gift for Oliver Callan.

Leo wouldn't correct him anyway.:rolleyes:

On twodaze show:
    • Mudders and babbies Part 5 of 256 of de year 2-21
    • Sir-voy-vers. Upsetness and dat at de language - I do be do be do be do be upset at yer language everday Mr. Duffy
    • Phone rang - bollox, and dat
    Eugh more misery...can't we go back to scammers...or that woman who had a curse put on her/was poisoned by her mother in law?!?

gmisk wrote: »
    Eugh more misery...can't we go back to scammers...or that woman who had a curse put on her/was poisoned by her mother in law?!?
    or Versatis or obscure diseases or de loud trains in South Dublin or de cancelled leaving cert or de horrors of being stuck in Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,947 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ah, feck dis.
    I'm not sitting through this feckin' ghoul's masturbatory process.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

De faaaader must have been from de little village too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Brought there by her Mammy?
    Why didn’t her mammy look after her at home?

or Versatis or obscure diseases or de loud trains in South Dublin or de cancelled leaving cert or de horrors of being stuck in Nice

Loike totes First World D4 problems. Last weekend I couldn't get a soy latte for love nor money...........

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Ah, feck dis.
    I'm not sitting through this feckin' ghoul's masturbatory process.

WHOY?

I have a meeting at 2....12 minutes more will be more than enough of this misery tbh

• Advertisement

Sure the blessed Mary gave birth in a stable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement