Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your line is weak but your point is strong: Liveline from 10th January

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I notice that he does not ask any of these callers if they gave evidence to the commission of enquiry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

So the whole point of this is to prove Joe’s contention that the commission were wrong about there being no physical abuse....except that this caller never was in a Mother and Baby home.

This lad already got his cash
    But is posturing for more

His arms were destroyed??? Maybe his mother did it. Who knows.

This is going to cost a fortune. Every opportunist now jumping on the bandwagon for 'redress'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Did duffy just prick his finger ?

Those first weeks and months of a child's life are so so important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,948 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Did duffy just prick his finger ?
    I hope he didn't reverse it.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

As you know..;)

Detective

WOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭zell12

"would ye like to speak to the long man (DeValera)?"

zell12 wrote: »

Walter Mitty O'Kakkle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

zell12 wrote: »

....wid the magic pen.

Caller driven show MY BOLLIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Thanks for getting in touch with me.

A break at 15:00?

Finished at 15:02:24

Dull as dishwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Ten Pin wrote: »
    He'd have more time if RTE weren't so greedy with the ad breaks

You mean STUPID with the ad breaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I assume it was more of the same today.

It really is a case of easing into the new year (18 days in) for Duffy isn't it.

Rehashing stories he has done countless times before for what, 6 shows in a row now.

Easy money eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well done Joe! You managed to do a FunnyFryday on the thread. On a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

From what I've read of him and my own televisual memories Browne has always come accross to me as a difficult man and a great one to hold a grudge though I suppose his background shaped him like us all. Though I agreed with his policies on a few fronts he seemed to me to be intensely unlikeable, uncompromisable and hard to warm to, I'll look forward to the documentary anyways

• Advertisement

You mean STUPID with the ad breaks

I don't know how anybody actually wastes their money advertising with them with the quality of ad placement. If I were in charge of marketing departments of these companies I'd be making serious complaints to RTÉ and asking for free advertising in lieu of "wasted" advertising at at time the show is closing and people just turn off when they hear the series of ads breaks. Very out of touch with consumer psychology.

From what I've read of him and my own televisual memories Browne has always come accross to me as a difficult man and a great one to hold a grudge though I suppose his background shaped him like us all. Though I agreed with his policies on a few fronts he seemed to me to be intensely unlikeable, uncompromisable and hard to warm to, I'll look forward to the documentary anyways

We badly needed his likes with the way society was. The more I look back on it all the more annoyed I get about it. But of course we have a bit of stuff going on now which will be discussed in like manner in future years.

Filling out Amárach opinion pole for Claire Byrne tonight. Maybe one day I will win one of doze vouchers for wan of deze, not that there's anywhere to spend it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Filling out Amárach opinion pole for Claire Byrne tonight. Maybe one day I will win one of doze vouchers for wan of deze, not that there's anywhere to spend it at the moment.

Which reminds me. When is the last time we had a Liveline Telly Pole? It seems ages ago.

Please use de sick bag provided in de seat pocket in front of you.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/rtes-ryan-tubridy-surprises-viewers-23323447
    Ryan Tubridy surprised viewers as he shared Joe Duffy's hidden talent.

The RTE star said he was taken aback by the "amazing" sky in Dublin this morning as he headed to work - but admitted nobody could capture it better than his radio colleague, who he described as an "artist".

He told listeners to his Radio One morning show: "When I arrived at work this morning it was dark and I took a picture of the light on the door of the radio centre and put it up on Instagram on the basis that it looked like the scene from the Exorcist.

"But I tell you what, if you really want to see the sky looking beautiful every day, or if you want to see what the day looks like, follow Joe Duffy on Instagram. "Where I see the darkness, Joe sees the light. And he takes some gorgeous pictures because he's an artist actually, he's a really fine one and I'm not joking about that, he's got a great aesthetic, he's one worth following."

It came after Tubs urged the Taoiseach to give the country a clearer idea of what a return to post-Covid normality will look like. The RTE star urged Micheal Martin to clarify exactly what he meant when suggesting we could see a degree of normality come back by this summer – in comments that saw Tubs at his most forthright.

On Wednesday, the Fianna Fail leader told members of his party that the "world will be very different in June", with vaccinations making the Government's life easier as it attempts to see off the threat of a deadly virus.

Tubridy wasn't letting him off the hook that easily, though, demanding to know more about exactly how things will have changed by the summer.

"Does that mean we can go on holiday, or does it mean we can go to the pub?" he asked rhetorically, before urging the Taoiseach to clear up exactly what he meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The Taoiseach must be Sh1ttin' himself.

......in comments that saw Tubs at his most forthright.......

Tubridy wasn't letting him off the hook that easily, though, demanding to know more about exactly how things will have changed by the summer.

"Does that mean we can go on holiday, or does it mean we can go to the pub?" he asked rhetorically, before urging the Taoiseach to clear up exactly what he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

^^^ Re Tubridy an Duffy.." Aithnionn ciarog ciarog eile"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Joe's pics aren't bad to be fair-but there are better shots of the beach posted on my local Facebook page by early-bird walkers, every day of the week.

So, Toyman is looking for answers from the Taoiseach? Sure didn't he have all the answers himself before Christmas? Santa is still coming, we're all going to be OK, the holiday season isn't cancelled, etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

sligojoek wrote: »
    The Taoiseach must be Sh1ttin' himself.

If he doesn't shape up and inform the people, Tubs will go round his house and break both his legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe's pics aren't bad to be fair-but there are better shots of the beach posted on my local Facebook page by early-bird walkers, every day of the week.

So, Toyman is looking for answers from the Taoiseach? Sure didn't he have all the answers himself before Christmas? Santa is still coming, we're all going to be OK, the holiday season isn't cancelled, etc. etc.

He takes the same feckin pictures, from the same feckin place every single day. Not a whole lot of creativity, to be honest. It's a lovely part of the city, in fairness

If he doesn't shape up and inform the people, Tubs will go round his house and break both his legs biscuits.

FYP.

leath_dub wrote: »
    He takes the same feckin pictures, from the same feckin place every single day. Not a whole lot of creativity, to be honest. It's a lovely part of the city, in fairness

Some guff from Tubs.

I started taking photography classes a couple of years ago as a hobby, even by my amateur standards Duffy is doing so much wrong so to speak. :rolleyes:

All salta d'eeerts at de scan centre did morning, talking about Trump, actually had some interesting stuff to say between de "ya know wharrameans". Scan now arrived on de iPhone full of horrible looking lumps with arrows on it, will get Joe to give his diagnosis. De sonographer was offered vaccine but she's too terrified to accept it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

could someone ring in posing as a person defrauded by a rogue trader.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Some guff from Tubs.

I started taking photography classes a couple of years ago as a hobby, even by my amateur standards Duffy is doing so much wrong so to speak. :rolleyes:

Show us a pic. I'll show you dis...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c15572be14f0254de6dfc9b15848cf344c0c5c02&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Show us a pic. I'll show you dis...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c15572be14f0254de6dfc9b15848cf344c0c5c02&rid=giphy.gif

Day duz be on me laptop at home so to speak.

Did I show you de wan I took of Eccles Street at de start of Lockdown last year? let me dig it out so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today:

More mudder and baby stories

Clip of Mary from yesterday.

Parents of special needs children about opening classes for them.

On twodaze show:
    • Mudder and babby homes Part 7 of at least 293
    • D'Arcy interjected wit a choon so to speak
    • Inaccuracies in de report - it's not as good as Da Lahv Lahn version
    • Mary from London, ACTUALLY
    • Parents of Special Needs Children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Darcy trolling Joe.

Inaccuracies in the report.

Babies in a terrible state.

Clip from yesterday.

Also, parents of special needs children/individuals.

I haven't been able to listen properly for the last few days. Off sick today and was hoping for a gold show.

Doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Mudder and baby home report contains inaccuracies!!! Not like liveline !

D'arcy on the buttons!

Not enough physical abuse for Joe's liking, clip from yesterday.

Special needs children parents pleading again. A very harrowing topic.

This is another hard pass for me again. I'll get out of the habit of listening at all soon enough.

• Advertisement

...I haven't been able to listen properly for the last few days. Off sick today and was hoping for a gold show...
    Do yis need some versatis, caller?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Mudder and baby home report contains inaccuracies!!! Not like liveline !

D'arcy on the buttons!

Not enough physical abuse for Joe's liking, clip from yesterday.

Special needs children parents pleading again. A very harrowing topic.

This is another hard pass for me again. I'll get out of the habit of listening at all soon enough.

I'm with you. Not going to listen.

Too wet for a cycle, unfortunately.

Darcy trolling Joe.

Inaccuracies in the report.

Babies in a terrible state.

Clip from yesterday.

Also, parents of special needs children/individuals.

I haven't been able to listen properly for the last few days. Off sick today and was hoping for a gold show.

Doubtful.

Can you describe your sickness?

Can you describe your sickness?
    im-not-sick-im-just-a-little-horse-meme.jpg

Dis duz be Eccles Street at 11:24am on Saturday March 14th last year, second day of lockdown so to speak. It was eerie dat day. De street is normally incredibly busy with traffic as fare duz be 2 hostibbles on it so to speak. I’m taking the picture in de middle of de road as date were no vehicles moving so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Please use de sick bag provided in de seat pocket in front of you.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/rtes-ryan-tubridy-surprises-viewers-23323447

Almost every photo Duffy puts up on Twitter is crooked, they all slant to the left. How the fup he can't even work out how to get grid lines on the phone I don't know.

EsADo7tXUAAhElp?format=jpg&name=large

Day duz be on me laptop at home so to speak.

Did I show you de wan I took of Eccles Street at de start of Lockdown last year? let me dig it out so to speak.

I keep mine in de cloud, so to speak. Accessible from anywhere, 365 days of de year, like Joe's email.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Almost every photo Duffy puts up on Twitter is crooked, they all slant to the left. How the fup he can't even work out how to get grid lines on the phone I don't know.

Corrected, so to speak.

Saw me aul doctor today, de wun who used to get me to rest my arm on his hairy thigh as he took my blood pressure :D

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭golondrinas

KevRossi wrote: »

Dats cause he’s just been told the earth aint flat. He reflects dat in his pictures to show his vast knowledge of nature an dat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement