Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your line is weak but your point is strong: Liveline from 10th January

Comments

All verses please, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

duze the jag have heated seats ?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

dvcireland wrote: »
    defrosting the jag

De heated seats do be a balm for de bum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The even had it jaysus bound, surprised they didn't get the gold leaf lettering fella from The Angelus in to finish it off, FFS.

https://twitter.com/joeliveline/status/1352625711941615617?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yawn,

€400,000.00 a year to play a few records and listen to yourself talk for an hour and 15 mins 5 days a week. Ok I'll take the job thanks

anyone just after arriving at Dublin airport and tuning in will think its the 1950's

Is de Pope a Catlick?

De heated seats do be a balm for de bum.
    are thee wans in da Tayota any good?

Brendan O'Connor should change his theme music to Money for Nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'd say it has heated seats front and rear.

I want my RTE ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Where’s Nordrin Ireland, Joe!

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'd say it has heated seats front and rear.

My Toyota doesn't have dem in de rear, but only de cat travels der occasionally and he doesn't care.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I want my RTE ;)

let me tell ye them guys aint dumb

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Where’s Nordrin Ireland, Joe!

it borders modrin Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Another girl who fell pregnant. If they could only find a cure for instability.

are thee wans in da Tayota any good?

De wans in de Toyota are de bestest heated seats I've ever known. In fact de whole climate control, wind term clearing is de bestest in de wurrrld. CH-R an excellent motor altogether if you can excuse its very modest but very smooth acceleration.

That can't stand - what does the feckin eejit suggest?

That's a glitch in the planning laws if ever I heard it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Radio 1958 broadcasting strongly on AM and SW.

Next, at 3pm, a scolding from a Bishop.

let me tell ye them guys aint dumb

I could have leaned,
    To get me a job,
    Presenting on the RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You just know that Joe couldn’t give a toss here really!!!

Tiring stuff!

Freud said that the Irish are impervious to psycho-analysis.

He wasnt joking and its easy to see why.

50's - young, young....:D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    50's - young, young....:D

When yer pushing 60 it is :D

Could ya imagine being in labour with a taxi driver yapping away at ya all the same.

Sorry your tears are too late.

Go away Duffy

Darcy getting de same treatment as he gives Nuacht.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

The assumption that everything said by someone who was in a mother & baby home is true, is a dangerous assumption.

The symphysiotomy scandal is a good example. More than 1/3 of women, who applied to the state for compensation due to being a victim of this horrible procedure, never had the procedure at all. These women were not liars nor were they trying to pull a fast one. They were highly traumatised and were firm believers that they had the procedure.

The commission had to investigate based on the testimony and available evidence.

There is no question that the majority of people that passed through these institutions were traumatised from their experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

That child is Noah, says Joe.

He forgot to mention it’s the son of Rebecca Meehan, RTE producer, as he told us during Little Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

That child is Noah, says Joe.

He forgot to mention it’s the son of Rebecca Meehan, RTE producer, as he told us during Little Liveline.

Did he play the baby laughing clip again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

sligojoek wrote: »
    Pathetic

It'd be mental torture to all the women listening in to Liveline who can't find their adopted babies. Of course he know that.

Could ya imagine being in labour with a taxi driver yapping away at ya all the same.

And worrying are you going to get slapped with a 75 euro soiling charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭golondrinas

A kettle of worms

I can’t remember the diet of Worms (1521)

How young does that make me?

And worrying are you going to get slapped with a 75 euro soiling charge.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Did he play the baby laughing clip again?

Yes he did.

Sums him up, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

KaneToad wrote: »
    The assumption that everything said by someone who was in a mother & baby home is true, is a dangerous assumption.

The symphysiotomy scandal is a good example. More than 1/3 of women, who applied to the state for compensation due to being a victim of this horrible procedure, never had the procedure at all. These women were not liars nor were they trying to pull a fast one. They were highly traumatised and were firm believers that they had the procedure.

The commission had to investigate based on the testimony and available evidence.

There is no question that the majority of people that passed through these institutions were traumatised from their experience.
    It reminds me of Holocaust survivors - so many awful things happened that to get attention you had to exaggerate or even entirely invent ridiculous claims, and now it's at a stage where only a neonazi would dare to question even the most implausible stories (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Holocaust-related_hoaxes). Like, much of what Edith Eger writes about seems exaggerated or fabricated -Dr Mengele must have personally met all 6 million Holocaust victims if half the stories are true. And what's worse, the fantasists make it possible to claim that nothing at all bad happened.

Yes he did.

Sums him up, really.

Tell me he didn't.

I'm so glad I save myself 170 a year by not fuelling his Jag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Daily Mail opinion piece
    vIR8G1C.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’m sitting in de hostibble waiting to have the first of two lens transplants on me eyes so to speak. I’m surprisingly calm. After de paaaaain i went through last week with the flexible cystoscopy dos should be a breeze so to speak.

Looks like de Grief Vampire has been loading up on de misery did week? I expect dis to continue for a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

goose2005 wrote: »
    It reminds me of Holocaust survivors - so many awful things happened that to get attention you had to exaggerate or even entirely invent ridiculous claims, and now it's at a stage where only a neonazi would dare to question even the most implausible stories (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Holocaust-related_hoaxes). Like, much of what Edith Eger writes about seems exaggerated or fabricated -Dr Mengele must have personally met all 6 million Holocaust victims if half the stories are true. And what's worse, the fantasists make it possible to claim that nothing at all bad happened.

Tru dat. I’ve read extensively on both WWs and the Holocaust. Many of the more prominent Jewish (nationality) investigators and Nazi Hunters have been widely discredited, or their work has, for exaggeration and fabrication. You don’t hear much about that though.....the most famous, Simon Wiesenthal, has in particular been discredited. Worth a google.

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    Daily Mail opinion piece
    vIR8G1C.png

Any mention of the author? Wouldn't surprise me if it was either Joe or Dee Forbes. Is he shagging her or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Any mention of the author? Wouldn't surprise me if it was either Joe or Dee Forbes. Is he shagging her or something?

No he's shagging us,as are the rest of the NK stable,every time they receive a cheque from RTE payroll office.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Just flicked through the thread from yesterday. Jesus that's shocking. He's surpassed himself as the misery ghoul.

zell12 wrote: »
    Daily Mail opinion piece
    vIR8G1C.png

At face value I dont really disagree with anything said in the opinion piece. I think liveline is a great platform for people to have their voices heard on and is of benifit.

What's not said however is that it is a medium that has been hijacked by some biased unprofessional deranged pervert for his own personal pleasure who exploits genuine and vulnerable people. That's where I take issue with the it. For instance if Katie was at the helm the last 2 weeks would have been dealt with in a more appropriate tone.

100% Noel Kelly connected

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement