Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes people litter?

• 10-01-2021 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

What makes people littler? I was walking around Griffeen Avenue and Griffeen road in Lucan and I got shocked by the amount of rubbish on the streets? Is there regular cleaning from the council?

I saw rubbish in front of houses at the entrance of estates, I'm surprised that residents don't collect it, I would get mad having rubbish in front of my door.

Houses around the area are expensive 320-400K and I don't understand that behaviour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Lithi wrote: »
    What makes people littler? I was walking around Griffeen Avenue and Griffeen road in Lucan and I got shocked by the amount of rubbish on the streets? Is there regular cleaning from the council?

I saw rubbish in front of houses at the entrance of estates, I'm surprised that residents don't collect it, I would get mad having rubbish in front of my door.

Houses around the area are expensive 320-400K and I don't understand that behaviour.

Poor education of the impact of littering. I would have littered a little in the past. Once I understood more about recycling and plastic, I changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Laziness. Too much effort to carry a packet or empty bottle around until they see a bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

Uneducated, entitled folk who are abundant in our little country. Too many people have an easy ride and feel like everyone else is responsible for looking after them . I also blame local councils because for not enforcing litter laws .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SVI40

Dirty, uncaring cnuts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the environmental forum instead:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=109

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Lithi

yogmeister wrote: »
    Uneducated, entitled folk who are abundant in our little country. Too many people have an easy ride and feel like everyone else is responsible for looking after them . I also blame local councils because for not enforcing litter laws .

Agree with you. Councils are not investing in campaign against littering and they remove the responsibility of. cleaning the streets. Most of cleaning of the estates I mentioned are made by residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lithi

clio_16v wrote: »
    Poor education of the impact of littering. I would have littered a little in the past. Once I understood more about recycling and plastic, I changed

Councils need to invest in campaing against littering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They should be traced back to their home and have 5 ton of stinking waste pumped through their front door.

Worst cases are in car parks near fast food outlets where selfish idiots think its ok to discard their fast food packaging out their car window, depite the fact there's bins within the car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Lazy people who don't give 2 fawks.

They even go hill walking to enjoy unspoiled countryside and spoil it by fcuking away the wrappers, can or coffee cup they brought with them. The same sorts leave public toilets in such a state after them you'd think an animal was barricaded in there.

Advertisement