Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend appliance repair person

• 10-01-2021 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi. Washing machine drum banging and scraping, looks like it has come loose or something has worn away to make it do that so looking for someone to have a look at it. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I used John Ryan Electrical Lower Gerald Griffin St last year. Came out and fixed a screeching tumble dryer. Would recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

spe
    I used John Ryan Electrical Lower Gerald Griffin St last year. Came out and fixed a screeching tumble dryer. Would recommend.

My experience with John Ryan Electrical is not so rosy. Our dishwasher broke early December. We rang them and took our details, said they'd get someone out to us. About 9 days later after hearing nothing, we rang and were told we were very close to the top of the list and it would probably be the next day, Almost a week later and not hearing anything I rang again. This was a week before Christmas. I was told they were extremely busy and he couldn't say if they'd get out to us before Christmas. I ended up going and buying a new dishwasher and to this day have never got a call back from them.

My advice, go to someone else who might actually value your custom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Hi. Washing machine drum banging and scraping, looks like it has come loose or something has worn away to make it do that so looking for someone to have a look at it. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

DAD - Domestic Appliance Doctor, in Pallasgreen.

https://washing-machine-repairs-tipperary.business.site/

Haven't met him in person, but he went out of his way to help me over the phone when I had a problem with a fridge a couple of years ago.

An absolute gentleman from my (limited) dealings with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If it’s a reasonable modern machine & the bearings are gone, it’s possible that it’s a sealed unit & you’re looking at a new machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Jane98 wrote: »
    My experience with John Ryan Electrical is not so rosy. Our dishwasher broke early December. We rang them and took our details, said they'd get someone out to us. About 9 days later after hearing nothing, we rang and were told we were very close to the top of the list and it would probably be the next day, Almost a week later and not hearing anything I rang again. This was a week before Christmas. I was told they were extremely busy and he couldn't say if they'd get out to us before Christmas. I ended up going and buying a new dishwasher and to this day have never got a call back from them.

My advice, go to someone else who might actually value your custom.

Also would not recommend, sold me a second hand part as new once, had to take it back, got refund without argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Despite previous comments I would have no hesitation in recommending Ryans.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

Thanks for the recommendation. Found out that it's not worth getting fixed so will have to go shopping for a new one. Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i would recommend John Ryan Electrical service centre

https://www.electricalservicecentre.com/

Advertisement