Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell *Mod note in op*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

moans3536 wrote: »
    Maybe I am getting his missing person case mixed up - but a year after Tina's disappearance did the husband not discover a suitcase similar to the one Tina took near a clothes recycling bank. ????

Well according to him he found them in the Tesco car park. I think it was that Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Deeec

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    It was a cash deposit on sale of house in Fermoy I think or else Midleton (but they had lived in Fermoy for a period before Youghal) that was given to them by auctioneer. It wasn't all from the sale either. I think they had accumulated sums of money here and there over a period of years form wheeling and dealing.

It would be unusual for an Auctioneer to deal in cash deposits. Everything should go through their client bank account ie. cash deposit would be lodged to account and then transferred to the seller by bank transfer ( usually by solicitor) . Cash should never be given out in this situation. So there is something odd here if he is saying it came from an auctioneer.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

moans3536 wrote: »
    Maybe I am getting his missing person case mixed up - but a year after Tina's disappearance did the husband not discover a suitcase similar to the one Tina took near a clothes recycling bank. ????

Thats what I had an issue with as well. If I was travelling I would hardly recognise my own suitcase on a carousel having packed it the night before. Most suitcases dont have any great distinguishable qualities and often are stowed away for another year in attic etc upon returning home. In fact if you asked me to find my own now I'd have a hard time thinking where I put them. He happened upon 2 suitcases outside Tesco, one which was covered with a bag. Its here I went the story gets weirder and weirder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Deeec wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe they had €26K in the house. It was supposed to be from the sale of a house. To have this in cash he would have had to have sold the house privately for cash - Which is not impossible but unlikely. This could easily be verified though with buyer or solicitor.

They may not have been 26k there at all..It's easy say it to sell his story she left with it

They may not have been 26k there at all..It's easy say it to sell his story she left with it

Absolutely. If he is saying most of it came from a house sale it should be able to be verified.

It is convenient for RS to say this when she dissapeared without her bank card.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    That’s the one.
    I vaguely know Youghal- isn’t the Tesco on the Waterford road side of the town on a kind of flat area of land looking out on the sea?
    Can anyone confirm where the house is in relation to this? Looks to be on a hill so would it be the top half of the town?
    Again find it hard to believe she would not be seen with two cases in a busy car park. That’s odd enough behaviour that people would notice. Even odder was Mr Satchwell then allegedly finding them? That he’d even spot them in the first place??

Here's a map Tesco is marked on it. They lived beside the Credit Union.
    138862065_2847148675607735_6763738460551681811_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=VCo2qPlXf5sAX96fqUh&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8e01f41e44d6230c0f5e7ac4e94d78b5&oe=60233759

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Thanks, so a bit of walk through the town centre to tesco...with two suitcases? And no one saw her? No CCTV? Ok.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Pedantic I know but opposite.

Deeec wrote: »
    Absolutely. If he is saying most of it came from a house sale it should be able to be verified.

It is convenient for RS to say this when she dissapeared without her bank card.

And her house.keys she supposedly thrown back into the house through the letterbox

Kalyke wrote: »
    Pedantic I know but opposite.

15 min walk according to Google maps...so longer with two suitcases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I drive and walk through busy car parks on a daily basis and genuinely wouldn’t pay a heed of notice to someone with 2 suit cases, unless I had some reason to specifically notice it

Now if she was walking down a narrow pathway through the centre of youghal, possibly blocking the path with 2 suitcases at times - you might remember that if you were driving or walking by

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Too many investigative crime podcasts I'd say

I find aspects of the case to date very odd but I think some people here are projecting their own biases and coming up with speculation that just wouldn’t fly in court.

Well clearly we have no evidence beyond the odd circumstances and what we already know, much of it Richards word of mouth...something tells me the Gardai have a lot more though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

Interestingly, to go to dungarvan he would have to travel east, in the general direction of where the body was found. That would be only a slight diversion from the N25. Perhaps he did go to Dungarvan Aldi. It is an alibi that would stand up if anyone saw him driving east from midleton and heading back west later on. To dispose a body would only take a 20 minute diversion.

Youghal is approx equidistant from Middleton and dungarvan
    I have family there and some weeks they’ll shop in Dungarvan others in Middleton
    Must admit I’ve no idea where Aldi is in either town but if I was picking I’d choose Dungarvan
    Anyone going from Youghal to Middleton has to drive through Castlemartyr where the traffic lights that were put in a few years back could cause anything up to 30 mins delay dep on time of day, would be enough to put you off driving to Middleton
    You could drive the back roads between Killleagh and Middleton to avoid the lights though which would take you in the vicinity of where the body was found alright but that would be slow too
    Dungarvan is not in the direction of where the body was found, that’s east of Youghal
    It was found towards Middleton which is west from Youghal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

I know most men say they wouldn't recognise their own suitcases but if they did a lot of buying and selling at car boot sales maybe they used them regularly to transport stuff so that would explain how he noticed they were missing.

Finding them in Tesco is a mystery though, I suppose it was close enough to the last reported sighting of her so there's not a whole lot in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    It was a cash deposit on sale of house in Fermoy I think or else Midleton (but they had lived in Fermoy for a period before Youghal) that was given to them by auctioneer. It wasn't all from the sale either. I think they had accumulated sums of money here and there over a period of years form wheeling and dealing.

Thought it was meant to be cash for the sale of their house in Fermoy that was given by the seller above the official price paid. Whichever it was that or the auctioneer I haven't heard anyone backing up where the money came from so it's a bit suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

road_high wrote: »
    Thanks, so a bit of walk through the town centre to tesco...with two suitcases? And no one saw her? No CCTV? Ok.....:pac:

If I remember correctly at the time it was mentioned on a news report that there was only 1 set of cctv cameras in all of youghal, probably not counting traffic lights and there aren't many of those either.
    The area where she lived there is really almost nothing there, from the google map it looks like a busy area but once your off youghals main street it's lot of quite little alleys.
    A relative of mine who is in the guards has said to me they've checked everything multiple times and everything is a dead end, surely in this day and age there must be something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Jaysus,
    Theres a fair amount of BS in this thread. Those suitcases were ruled out and didnt belong to Tina. So you can rule out all your mad theories of anyone seeing her dragging cases down the town...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

He expects her back and because of the type of character he claims she is with a troubled background.. this kind of action by her is her way of dealing with it..he'd be accepting of her decisions it seems..so he waits in hope.

He must have serious memory loss if he's expecting her back.

Cona wrote: »
    Jaysus,
    Theres a fair amount of BS in this thread. Those suitcases were ruled out and didnt belong to Tina. So you can rule out all your mad theories of anyone seeing her dragging cases down the town...

She did leave the house with two suitcases tough according to Richard so somebody may have seen her or she may have dodged any CCTV cameras.

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    He must have serious memory loss if he's expecting her back.

He seems to have no motivation...if she comes back to him..great...if she doesn't...thats ok...attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

If it is the missing woman, I don’t think she got back to her house at all on the day they went to the boot sale in Carrigtwohill.

Yeah that is entirely plausible too and something I had not considered. The last sighting of her alive was at the car boot sale in Carrigtwohill. She may have never made it back to the house. Any other chain of events is according to RS. Interesting that he states in the conditional tense that we "would always get a takeaway on a Sunday night" as opposed we got a takeaway that Sunday night. I'd like to hear more questions about that Sunday night.

She did leave the house with two suitcases tough according to Richard so somebody may have seen her or she may have dodged any CCTV cameras.

Didn't Richard "happen" to find these suitcases too? Find it odd he chanced upon them like that but maybe that's just my suspicious mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

According to Richard she left with two suitcases. That doesn't mean she actually did.

Or because he said there was 26k gone doesn't mean there ever was 26k in the first place.

He could entirely be telling the truth, I don't know. But he himself didn't even see her leave, as he wasn't at home according to himself.

Painting a picture of leaving with 2 suitcases and 26k makes it plausible she fled to say, England, and wanted to disappear. Doesn't mean it happened because a man who is her husband appears on television says so.

May be that nobody saw a woman with two suitcases, and no cctv picks up a woman with two suitcases, because a woman with two suitcases never existed.

I must give him the benefit of the doubt I know, but with such a detailed story, perhaps in the long term, he's giving himself enough rope to hang himself with.

Yes, I used be a mod.

The house is one of those with double yellow lines outside it.(I don't believe it's a secret).

138836964_2847170492272220_7928808236289507502_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=2esrGFPhSmgAX-oq9RA&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=54a3c673332b53b7b405ee0db91aec7a&oe=6024B911

The house is very close to the Credit Union. Credit Unions are usually busy places on a monday morning so if she left on foot surely someone would have seen her.

Also Credit Unions have CCTV cameras in every direction which if she did leave the house she would have been picked up on. No CCTV footage has ever been released of Tina so there is none Im guessing. All very strange. No doubt the Gardai have done all their checks on this. They have no evidence as of yet though of any crime having taken place so cant take any action.

That's my issue with this whole case- everything is according to Richard. We need cold hard evidence like definite independent interactions, phone, cctv, bank, travel records etc. Without these kind of independent evidence everything else is just hearsay really. We have nothing verifiable beyond her being at a car boot sale with him the previous day.

Get Real wrote: »
    According to Richard she left with two suitcases. That doesn't mean she actually did.

Or because he said there was 26k gone doesn't mean there ever was 26k in the first place.

He could entirely be telling the truth, I don't know. But he himself didn't even see her leave, as he wasn't at home according to himself.

Painting a picture of leaving with 2 suitcases and 26k makes it plausible she fled to say, England, and wanted to disappear. Doesn't mean it happened because a man who is her husband appears on television says so.

May be that nobody saw a woman with two suitcases, and no cctv picks up a woman with two suitcases, because a woman with two suitcases never existed.

I must give him the benefit of the doubt I know, but with such a detailed story, perhaps in the long term, he's giving himself enough rope to hang himself with.

The impression being created is that this woman left by her own accord and Richard had no idea that was to happen but thinks she planned it by sending him off to Aldi to complete her plan...perfectly plausible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Interestingly, to go to dungarvan he would have to travel east, in the general direction of where the body was found. That would be only a slight diversion from the N25. Perhaps he did go to Dungarvan Aldi. It is an alibi that would stand up if anyone saw him driving east from midleton and heading back west later on. To dispose a body would only take a 20 minute diversion.

It's very strange him going to Aldi in Dungarvan when there is one in Youghal about 200 metres from their house. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

nc6000 wrote: »
    It's very strange him going to Aldi in Dungarvan when there is one in Youghal about 200 metres from their house. :confused:

There wasnt at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Kalyke wrote: »
    There wasnt at the time.

Ah - sorry, I didn't know it was only new.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement