Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Question

• 10-01-2021 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,

My parents currently live in the family home. Thoughts are at the moment for me to move into the family home and renovate while a smaller house is built on the land for my parents to downsize.

I'm curious as to the possibility of my mortgage being able to fund the build for the parents as well as the renovations. I'm assuming this makes getting a mortgage more difficult but haven't a clue where to start with all this.
    Just looking to get any feedback possible on this from people who may have been in a similar situation.

No idea where to start, would banks have issue with me getting a mortgage to cover renovations and a separate small dwelling?
    Best to talk to a broker or someone else for advice on this?

Advertisement