Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel :duplicate workbook

Options
  • 10-01-2021 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

i have a master workbook containing one worksheet with about 50 columns.
    i want this to stay as it is.
    i want to create an exact live copy of it (Call it :Slave) i.e if new data put into master it appears in slave but not vice versa.
    i
    can this be done easily enough.

if this cant be done is it possible to hide a second sheet on the master workbook on closing the workbook.

thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

i have a master workbook containing one worksheet with about 50 columns.
    i want this to stay as it is.
    i want to create an exact live copy of it (Call it :Slave) i.e if new data put into master it appears in slave but not vice versa.
    i
    can this be done easily enough.

if this cant be done is it possible to hide a second sheet on the master workbook on closing the workbook.

thanks for any advice.

Easiest way is to copy the data from the master and paste it as a link in the slave. It should be one of the paste options when you right click a cell. Then if you change data in the master, the slave will update too when it's open.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Save the master spreadsheet as a template?

Advertisement