Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this particular laptop suitable for 4K editing?

• 10-01-2021 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I`m looking to purchase a laptop capable of 4K editing and need advice on one I`ve been looking at.

It`s a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14in Full HD Laptop:

AMD Ryzen 7 (Not sure of exact processor.)
    Quad core
    2.3GHz processor speed with a burst speed of 4GHz.
    8GB RAM DDR4.
    512GB SSD storage.

Currently only using Wondershare Filmora 9 to do video edits with 1080p footage and am now looking to edit 4K video with the Adobe Suite but wouldn`t be looking to do heavy editing of graphics or animation or anything such as this. Would literally be looking to cut and chop up some 4K footage and have it render smooth with voiceover commentary thrown on top of the video.

Please let me know if ye think this will do the trick.. Also whether the RAM on this is expandable to 16GB??

Much Appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DanT88

I can tell you from experience that this may not be enough for you. A 16gb RAM will be enough for you in any case, but the rest of the parameters are weak for a comfortable work. But I want to tell you that one of my friends draws Adobe Photoshop, sometimes in Illustrator, she often shows me how she sketches different flyers here from this site https://www.elegantflyer.com/category/free-flyers/. This is a practice, but you know her laptop is similar to yours in parameters. All Adobe software is quite demanding and it does require a good computer. But it is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

I think 1TB SSD and a graphic card should be essential for such a laptop.

Advertisement