Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do with regards transactions on cc

• 10-01-2021 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

I noticed a few transactions on my credit card that I did not spend. How do you go about getting the Money back? The transactions took place in shops I know near me. Do I approach the shop directly? And how would they prove it wasn’t fraud? How do I prove it is? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Get on to your bank/card issuer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Get on to your bank/card issuer.

Thanks and will they just refund me or how do I prove?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If someone purchased goods in a local store and your credit card was billed then they either had your card on them at the time, or they put your card details into Google pay and tapped their phone against the POS to pay for the goods.

In either case, this sounds like an 'inside job'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Your card issuer will talk you through the steps. However, if these were chip and PIN transactions (and if they were in a local shop, it sounds like they were), I wouldn't hold out much hope of a refund.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hard to see how a card and pin could be taken and used like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement