Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,560 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You mean the same health authorities who are imposing the harshest, most inhumane, economically and socially destructive policies ever witnessed despite the complete absence of scientific or medical data to back them up?

If hospital bed occupancy is not a solid metric then I don't know what is...

Yea, sure in a global pandemic, let's not listen to the scientists or public health experts...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

markodaly wrote: »
    Yea, sure in a global pandemic, let's not listen to the scientists or public health experts...

Did you listen to the over 15,000 scientists or public health experts who signed The Great Barrington Declaration?

Did you listen to the over 15,000 scientists or public health experts who signed The Great Barrington Declaration?

Oh, the one that was found to be peddling fake news and falsehoods, that Declaration?

Anthony Fauci, the director of the American National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and lead member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, called the declaration "ridiculous", "total nonsense" and "very dangerous", saying that it would lead to a large number of avoidable deaths.[11][51][52] Fauci said that 30 percent of the population had underlying health conditions that made them vulnerable to the virus and that "older adults, even those who are otherwise healthy, are far more likely than young adults to become seriously ill if they get COVID-19."[51] He added, "This idea that we have the power to protect the vulnerable is total nonsense because history has shown that that's not the case. And if you talk to anybody who has any experience in epidemiology and infectious diseases, they will tell you that that is risky, and you'll wind up with many more infections of vulnerable people, which will lead to hospitalizations and deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

If you have not copped it by now, you can safely ignore pretty much everything this government says, they will change their advice a few days/weeks/months later anyway. Stop watching the Irish 'News'.

Be responsible, educate yourself, know the risks and live your life. Choose love, not this fear. I am lucky I chose love instead and still not one of my family or friends have gotten COVID, so it was worth it. Even seeing my girlfriend once every two weeks or so has been a lifesaver, for both of us (she is alone in Ireland and her family are all thousands of miles away in her home country).

I genuinely feel so much for the people who listened to this government and are now isolated, lonely, depressed and verging on suicide. And for what? Cases would be high anyway as the clowns have still not secured our borders, as China did in January 2020!

Oh, the one that was found to be peddling fake news and falsehoods, that Declaration?

Fauci? Seriously?

The man has flip flopped more times than a nervous kid...and that is just on masks, which he now wants Americans to wear two of after telling them previously they were a waste of time....the states that are ignoring him are flying!!!

You are willing to bin the opinions of 15,000 medical and scientific health experts because of the word of Fauci!!!!

Ya...I can see how you are easily manipulated.

• Advertisement

These lockdowns are not based on medical best practice or science, they are the opposite, any body who advocates lockdowns is anti science and anti medical best practice.

(this is based on the assumption that in order to be properly assessed from a medical and scientific approach, a lot more time would be required to assess all the relevant data for all implicated health outcomes for anyone in the medical or scientific industry to legitimately take a positive position on lockdowns)

Therefore, it is anti science and anti medical best practice what we are witnessing, anyone who doesn't think so is a complete charlatan and/or grifter.

No NPHET spend their days watching YouTube videos forwarded by hairdressers from Coolock. If only they got in touch with you, you would be able to deliver a public health plan. Maybe send them an email? Your genius is clearly being wasted on here.

No NPHET spend their days watching YouTube videos forwarded by hairdressers from Coolock. If only they got in touch with you, you would be able to deliver a public health plan. Maybe send them an email? Your genius is clearly being wasted on here.

You have no argument obviously, if you did you wouldn't have to resort to childish retorts like the one above....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Ah, the try hard witty retort. Common when a poster can't respond in a meaningful way.

Insulting hairdressers in the process.

Funnily enough, a hairdresser from Cork would be as qualified as our CMO to deal with a pandemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dred.

Isn't NPHET just working off the levels the government dreamed up?

Or is there a scientific underpinning to all this ?

Dred. wrote: »
    Isn't NPHET just working off the levels the government dreamed up?

Or is there a scientific underpinning to all this ?

NPHET have only one gear....lockdown level 5...that is the best they can come up with 12 months on...they might as well say another mass!

There is no science underpinning this, absolutely none, Governments are winging it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

JimCore wrote: »
    The numbers dont lie sherlock. A virus needs people interacting.

Oh I know actually youre right. Santa brought it down the chimney!!

Keep wearing the mask will ya!

You said people went nuts at christmas, and thats emotive nonsense designed to spread a narrative.

"Went nuts", as if it was the last days of sodom and gomorrah, as if the Irish public were let loose like a bunch of toddlers at break time. As if the pubs were actually open and as if the country in December wasn't still under a level of restriction unseen in our lifetimes.

The ****ing Irish public didn't go nuts, they just went home.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

The experts who have been consistently wrong on pretty much everything since this whole farce began. Sure.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    The experts who have been consistently wrong on pretty much everything since this whole farce began. Sure.

Our experts predicted 120,000 deaths....with a straight face.

Other experts predicted mass graves and freezer trucks full of bodies, that is after the first surge when nothing of the sort happened!!!

Pardon me for being a skeptic but when they are that hysterical with predictions I'll ignore their "expertise".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

GT89 wrote: »
    And if it has been around for so long why haven't there been lockdowns until now.

We are constantly been we cant talk about solutions to covid as we are not qualified but when someone who is qualified in this case Delores Cahill says something different to rest of them she's considered a nut job.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

The common cold is a coronavirus. I would have thought most people know that by now. Some coronavirae are more deadly than others so require lockdowns as agreed by the vast majority of medical professionals around the world.

Can you name one thing that Dolores Cahill has said in relation to covid19 that has been backed up by other medical professionals or proved to be correct?

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    If anyone interested data is here.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-stringency-index

And yes, Cuba strictest, Eritrea second strictest and we're number 3.

Where's the table?

Our experts predicted 120,000 deaths....with a straight face.

Other experts predicted mass graves and freezer trucks full of bodies, that is after the first surge when nothing of the sort happened!!!

Pardon me for being a skeptic but when they are that hysterical with predictions I'll ignore their "expertise".

That's not accurate. They predicted that if we didn't act. We acted.

Where's the table?

Scroll down and click the table tab. Scroll and click the end column to put them in order of severity. Ireland 4th. UK up there too.

Rezident wrote: »
    If you have not copped it by now, you can safely ignore pretty much everything this government says, they will change their advice a few days/weeks/months later anyway. Stop watching the Irish 'News'.

Be responsible, educate yourself, know the risks and live your life. Choose love, not this fear. I am lucky I chose love instead and still not one of my family or friends have gotten COVID, so it was worth it. Even seeing my girlfriend once every two weeks or so has been a lifesaver, for both of us (she is alone in Ireland and her family are all thousands of miles away in her home country).

I genuinely feel so much for the people who listened to this government and are now isolated, lonely, depressed and verging on suicide. And for what? Cases would be high anyway as the clowns have still not secured our borders, as China did in January 2020!

China didn't need to import food or ppe like we do. China is not a small island that is dependant on international deliveries. China is in fact a large producer of these items

China benefited from covid and being china, I wouldn't be too trusting of what they claim

Scroll down and click the table tab. Scroll and click the end column to put them in order of severity. Ireland 4th. UK up there too.

Cheers. Nicaragua really couldn't care less :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

That's not accurate. They predicted that if we didn't act. We acted.

Exactly.
    We couldn't control ourselves for a couple of weeks over Christmas
    Look where that left us in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Sick of hearing this horse****.

"People went nuts". :rolleyes: Yeah, I remember them packing out Coppers and having raves in Croke park alright.

Agree, 54,000 came back for Christmas dinner and brought the UK variant with them. It is the one day of the year families try to meet up etc

Fauci? Seriously?

It is not just Fauci, it is the WHO, the CDC, the UN, the ECDC.... but sure I guess its all a conspiracy. Everything always is to some people.

Aph2016 wrote: »

So, of course, if your premise is correct "It is not of course" We should listen to some random Anto, with this 6 cans of Dutch Gold, spouting off on the Internet.

That is not directed at you, it is directed at the populist nature of the debate, where people just don't want to listen to those that actually know what they are talking about.

Its Taxi driver talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

Most of the forecasting models seem to have the incidence of Covid declining rapidly across Europe by June

Is this weather related (outdoor rather than indoor congregation), the vaccines or both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dred.

deckie66 wrote: »

Is this weather related , the vaccines or both?

All 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

You said people went nuts at christmas, and thats emotive nonsense designed to spread a narrative.

"Went nuts", as if it was the last days of sodom and gomorrah, as if the Irish public were let loose like a bunch of toddlers at break time. As if the pubs were actually open and as if the country in December wasn't still under a level of restriction unseen in our lifetimes.

The ****ing Irish public didn't go nuts, they just went home.

Isn’t it amazing how as a country we just lap up misery and blame, love it, please give me more, I don’t care if other countries are getting a level of normality back, we don’t deserve it because we emm, we like, emm had Christmas with our families!!!

Is it a hang up from 800 years of oppression followed by independence to hand the country over to the even more oppressive Catholic Church or what?

We are a decent people, stop acting like we are something else.

(Cue the stories now about this fella was doing that and that other fella was doing this as if declaring we are a decent people drags the ultras like moths to a flame to prove my point above and tell us all “no you’re not!”

Christmas was borrowing happiness from the future. You can sugarcoat it all you want but an entire country visiting mum and dad during a pandemic has consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

the kelt wrote: »
    Isn’t it amazing how as a country we just lap up misery and blame, love it, please give me more, I don’t care if other countries are getting a level of normality back, we don’t deserve it because we emm, we like, emm had Christmas with our families!!!

Is it a hang up from 800 years of oppression followed by independence to hand the country over to the even more oppressive Catholic Church or what?

We are a decent people, stop acting like we are something else.

(Cue the stories now about this fella was doing that and that other fella was doing this as if declaring we are a decent people drags the ultras like moths to a flame to prove my point above and tell us all “no you’re not!”

People defend lockdowns like they defended mother and baby homes and institutional paedos. They will be on the wrong side of history when all is said and done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Christmas was borrowing happiness from the future. You can sugarcoat it all you want but an entire country visiting mum and dad during a pandemic has consequences.

More narrative following. Just like the flu we see a massive spike in virus spread in Dec and Jan and like every year it starts to improve quite quickly as you head into Spring.

The lockdown zealots will all say ithe reduction in cases was because of lockdown and the actions of the Irish people. We simply don't know that, it is just a story.

Average age of death from Covid is still firmly lodged in the mid 80's and it is for most people just another minor virus which is extremely unlikely to cause them any problems but most people simply don't want to engage with the facts anymore.

Historically this virus is nothing remarkable, in the 1950's and 1960' we had major outbreaks of flu variants which killed numbers comparable to covid yet no major public health actions were taken and societies barely noticed.

I am not saying we should have done nothing last March but the day we moved from simply providing general health advice to our population (simple messaging to the elderly and vulnerable about self isolating if they wished) was the day we crossed the Rubicon into this nightmare world now we live in. Removal of our most cherished freedoms is not only being inflicted on us by health and safety obsessed politicians and advisors but even more depressingly it is being accepted blindly by people who have been terrified and manipulated for over a year now.

The very first set of significant data to come out of China and outbreaks on cruise ships and aircraft carriers which acted as perfect closed laboratories for this virus, showed it's low mortality rate in all bar the extremely old and vulnerable. Nothing had changed in a year, read the excellent data produced by the CSO in Ireland.

I am fully resigned now to the fact that the lockdown brigade has done such an effective job of scaring people and no one in charge has the courage to raise their head about the parapet, that we will just have to wait for the vaccine to be given to every 18 year old and over before restrictions will substantially lift. I am also fully aware that most people will put up with this due to skewed levels of risk awareness but the truly scary thing is the endless chatter about new variants suggests to me that a line in the sand which simply says 'right we are vaccinated move on'...is increasingly unlikely to happen and this dystopian nightmare will continue in one shape or form with an underlying hysteria always present in our population. A Covid hangover so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement