Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Some positivity for the social and pub merchants, they are thinking ahead for when covid is over:

“Nightclubs look set to be allowed stay open later and Sunday pub opening hours will be extended under a plan by the Minister for Justice to reform the alcohol licensing laws.”

“ The changes will form part of Government's efforts to boost the hospitality sector's recovery when the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions are lifted later this year.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

There are lots of Irish GPs on twitter calling bull**** on NPHET's idea to keep the whole country in lockdown until waiting lists fall and demanding a return to normality.

The people who are responsible for the failed HSE, the incompetent civil servants, are driving this country into the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    The same people will be here in 6 weeks when we are in the same situation saying its grand.

I'm curious were you saying this is grand, 7 weeks back in Dec. People here seem to have forgotten Dec when the numbers exploded.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

beauf wrote: »
    That's a bit like saying saying we've Xmas all year around now with the exception of the 10 months in the middle.

Absolutely nothing like what you are saying. Bar what you see on television or read online or the paper's there's absolutely no evidence of this killer flu that had people dropping dead on the streets of wuhan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I'm curious were you saying this is grand, 7 weeks back in Dec. People here seem to have forgotten Dec when the numbers exploded.

Aye. Our hospitals have been overwhelmed 4 times now due to covid.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I'm curious were you saying this is grand, 7 weeks back in Dec.

Ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Here's another one who'd prefer a curfew.

You wouldn’t?

Up until 9pm travel anywhere, bring the kids to the beach etc bit of release etc etc and not allowed out from 9pm

Versus

What we have?

The fact you think we don’t have a curfew because it’s not actually called a curfew speaks wonders.

Maybe it’s true, people are loving the lockdown misery?

https://twitter.com/DinnyKelly91/status/1363184887004553217

Seriously if 1 more tool tells me "to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed" I ll tell them to fcuk right off.

Absolute disgrace.

GazzaL wrote: »
    There are lots of Irish GPs on twitter calling bull**** on NPHET's idea to keep the whole country in lockdown until waiting lists fall and demanding a return to normality.

The people who are responsible for the failed HSE, the incompetent civil servants, are driving this country into the ground.

Twitter....

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/covid-19.html

the kelt wrote: »
    You wouldn’t?

Up until 9pm travel anywhere, bring the kids to the beach etc bit of release etc etc and not allowed out from 9pm

Versus

What we have?

The fact you think we don’t have a curfew because it’s not actually called a curfew speaks wonders.

Maybe it’s true, people are loving the lockdown misery?

I'm not the one cherry picking which restrictions they want like box of chocolates and ignoring the others they don't like.

Everyone wants this to end. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

• Advertisement

Seriously if 1 more tool tells me "to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed" I ll tell them to fcuk right off.

Absolute disgrace.

Wtf !! In Ireland??

Absolute disgrace.

You must never buy insurance for things that have never happened to you so.

tommybrees wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing like what you are saying. Bar what you see on television or read online or the paper's there's absolutely no evidence of this killer flu that had people dropping dead on the streets of wuhan.

I've not seen a fatal car accident in the last 12 months either. Guess that fake news also.

I'm not the one cherry picking which restrictions they want like box of chocolates and ignoring the others they don't like.

Everyone wants this to end. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

No you’re trying to make out that it’s worse elsewhere cos they have a curfew without actually realising what that curfew is versus what we have and making yourself look foolish by still trying to say “it’s worse in other countries because they have a curfew”

So Holland or here curfew versus 5k restriction? Still think curfew is worse like you’ve been claiming since your 11.37am post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Absolute disgrace.

There are people in "non-essential" workplaces still working so hard to keep going that they wouldn't have time to do that ****.

Absolute disgrace.

Incidentally we've had no problem getting x-rays for non Covid related issues over the past 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I emailed the following to the two sitting ministers in my constituency. It's great to vent on here but if we really want to start living again, we have to exert pressure on our representatives. They are our representatives, not our rulers.

If everyone on here who is disgruntled was to email their government TDs at least they would get an idea of the shifting will and resolve of the people.

'As a new arrival to your constituency, I implore you to please allow the decent people of Ireland to begin living their lives once more.

These ongoing restrictions have overstepped their legitimacy and our now more damaging than that they purport to protect us from.

I consider myself a constituent of the reasonable right-minded majority in Ireland. My family and those close to me are being pushed beyond the point of reasonableness.

I fear for the social fabric of this country should we be pushed any further. I despair of our elected officials at this juncture. You are our representatives, not our rulers.

I don't know if this fact has escaped you and your cabinet colleagues as you discuss our fate with careless abandon. Every careless throwaway comment is deeply damaging to our mental health. All the conjecture and mixed messaging is playing with our wellbeing.

Please represent me and those like me, stop condescending us with talk of poor behaviour and compliance. We have done all we can, by our own choice and regard for our fellow citizens. However, the time has come to accept risk and live once more with the uncertainty of life, that has been present since the beginning of time.'

You must never buy insurance for things that have never happened to you so.

That is MAYO hospital DURING the last 2 months.

When "hospitals" are supposedly "overwhelmed".

When will you open your eyes??

No you’re trying to make out that it’s worse elsewhere cos they have a curfew without actually realising what that curfew is versus what we have and making yourself look foolish by still trying to say “it’s worse in other countries because they have a curfew”

So Holland or here curfew versus 5k restriction? Still think curfew is worse like you’ve been claiming since your 11.37am post?

I said not all countries have the same curfew rules. You've cherry picked one of the less restrictive ones, because it suits you.

This is their rules on beaches..

"....The beach and parks
    Especially when the weather is good, in the weekends and outside of regular working hours, parks and the beach tend to get too busy. Because of that, people will no longer be able to keep the minimum distance of 1,5 meters to others. Therefore, the Government strongly advices to avoid visiting the parks and beach during these busy moments and avoid crowds altogether. When it becomes to busy on the beach or in parks, the Municipality has the option of closing the area...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its almost like theres different departments in a hospital or something? Mysterious alright.

If you only see negativity on the media people complain its excessive scare mongering. If they they try to lighten the mood people complain about that also there is no pandemic. Can't win really can they.

I said not all countries have the same curfew rules. You've cherry picked one of the less restrictive ones, because it suits you.

This is their rules on beaches..

"....The beach and parks
    Especially when the weather is good, in the weekends and outside of regular working hours, parks and the beach tend to get too busy. Because of that, people will no longer be able to keep the minimum distance of 1,5 meters to others. Therefore, the Government strongly advices to avoid visiting the parks and beach during these busy moments and avoid crowds altogether. When it becomes to busy on the beach or in parks, the Municipality has the option of closing the area...."

Oh my god I didn’t realise they wanted people to still keep their social distance which is actually bloody less restrictive than our social distance of 2m and may close them if they become busy!

That changes everything!!

Are you trying to make your own original point deliberately less relevant?

I mean we had 2 frontline doctors who saved a family’s pet up a mountain a few weeks ago, good news story, nice happy ending, 2 doctors put hiking away from everyone and carried the dog 10k down a snowy mountain

Who are now being investigated for being outside their 5k but it could be worse, we could have a curfew!

Honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

"Enough with the pretence, you're in lockdown forever" says NPHET

GazzaL wrote: »

Well I'm convinced let's just repeat the Xmas again.

It's amazing how in one post medical experts are fools and should be ignored. The next post they are back to being experts. It's great they have a hive mind and all think and act the same.

Parachutes wrote: »
    "Enough with the pretence, you're in lockdown forever" says NPHET

Maybe its only true if it's said on Twitter though ..

Oh my god I didn’t realise they wanted people to still keep their social distance which is actually bloody less restrictive than our social distance of 2m and may close them if they become busy!

That changes everything!!

Are you trying to make your own original point deliberately less relevant?

So you want the curfew even if it means the beach maybe be closed. Makes sense.

I mean we had 2 frontline doctors who saved a family’s pet up a mountain a few weeks ago, good news story, nice happy ending, 2 doctors put hiking away from everyone and carried the dog 10k down a snowy mountain

Who are now being investigated for being outside their 5k but it could be worse, we could have a curfew!

Honestly!

This is no different than complaining about those dancing medical staff. Irony.

So you want the curfew even if it means the beach maybe be closed. Makes sense.

Let’s see. Option to go to beach, it might be closed then maybe go somewhere else in the country, anywhere else in the country for the day

Versus

5k restriction from my house!

Are you genuinely arguing which is better?

• Advertisement

If you only see negativity on the media people complain its excessive scare mongering. If they they try to lighten the mood people complain about that also there is no pandemic. Can't win really can they.

Are you serious?

We have an
    1) Empty hospital in Ireland
    2) At least 20 + nurses in such with very little to no work
    3) They are dancing to occupy their time
    4) HSE's Reid lad tells us that hospitals are at full capacity close to being overwhelmed

And all you see is some nurses trying to lighten the mood of a country that has 25% unemployment.

I ask again, are you serious with this rubbish post of yours? How are dancing nurses in an empty Mayo hospital suppose to lighten the mood of unemployed people who have been sitting at home for months on end, fearing their job is lost due to restrictions imposed for the very purpose not to "overwhelm" the empty hospitals?

What you are posting today is disgraceful - know this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement