Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

the kelt wrote: »
    Let’s see. Option to go to beach, it might be closed then maybe go somewhere else in the country, anywhere else in the country for the day

Versus

5k restriction from my house!

Are you genuinely asking which is better?

Guess we'd better plan to slavishly copy the Dutch so, if you prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

beauf wrote: »
    Guess we'd better plan to slavishly copy the Dutch so, if you prefer it.

So your prefer the 5k restriction so?

Are you serious?

We have an
    1) Empty hospital in Ireland
    2) At least 20 + nurses in such with very little to no work
    3) They are dancing to occupy their time
    4) HSE's Reid lad tells us that hospitals are at full capacity close to being overwhelmed

And all you see is some nurses trying to lighten the mood of a country that has 25% unemployment.

I ask again, are you serious with this rubbish post of yours? How are dancing nurses in an empty Mayo hospital suppose to lighten the mood of unemployed people who have been sitting at home for months on end, fearing their job is lost due to restrictions imposed for the very purpose not to "overwhelm" the empty hospitals?

What you are posting today is disgraceful - know this.

You might want to contact the media and let them know the hospital is empty. ..

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2021/01/10/covid-pressures-continue-to-escalate-at-mayo-university-hospital/

Better not go for walk with a dog either. They should be working 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

You might want to contact the media and let them know the hospital is empty. ..

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2021/01/10/covid-pressures-continue-to-escalate-at-mayo-university-hospital/

Better not go for walk with a dog either. They should be working 24/7.

That article is 5 weeks old.

Are you just posting rubbish now for the sake of posting rubbish or you genuinely have nothing to say?

In fairness I dont expect a big outrage from you about empty Mayo hospital or dancing nurses in it, you think that 6 weeks of level 5 lockdown is not that long afterall. After country already has spent 5 out of 9 months before Jan 2021 in a level 5 lockdown.

Well since I can cherry pick anywhere. I can pick somewhere with no restrictions at all. That would be my preference. Though I'd also pick a place with no Covid. So pick somewhere that has lifted restrictions because there numbers are so low or zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I dunno why your wasting your time and energy on him.

Are you just posting rubbish now for the sake of posting rubbish or you genuinely have nothing to say?

In fairness I dont expect a big outrage from you about empty Mayo hospital or dancing nurses in it, you think that 6 weeks of level 5 lockdown is not that long afterall. After country already has spent 5 out of 9 months before Jan 2021 in a level 5 lockdown.

We started from a point of this is going to last forever and everything is closed and we are not able to do anything.

Seems none of that is true from what you are saying.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    I dunno why your wasting your time and energy on him.

Wasn't the point that people can't do anything. So it's either this or nothing. Unless you actually can do other things and would prefer to do that than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Well since I can cherry pick anywhere. I can pick somewhere with no restrictions at all. That would be my preference. Though I'd also pick a place with no Covid. So pick somewhere that has lifted restrictions because there numbers are so low or zero.

:D

I have to give ye credit mind, you’re the first poster who actually went out of their way to argue down their own original point in subsequent posts without even realising it.

We started from a point of this is going to last forever and everything is closed and we are not able to do anything.

Seems none of that is true from what you are saying.

I didnt start from that point.

Sorry this is just pointless to continue. welcome to the ignore list

• Advertisement

How are dancing nurses in an empty Mayo hospital suppose to lighten the mood.

Makes me happier then your Venice video that's for sure :)

Do we know when the video was shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Are you serious?

We have an
    1) Empty hospital in Ireland
    2) At least 20 + nurses in such with very little to no work
    3) They are dancing to occupy their time
    4) HSE's Reid lad tells us that hospitals are at full capacity close to being overwhelmed

And all you see is some nurses trying to lighten the mood of a country that has 25% unemployment.

I ask again, are you serious with this rubbish post of yours? How are dancing nurses in an empty Mayo hospital suppose to lighten the mood of unemployed people who have been sitting at home for months on end, fearing their job is lost due to restrictions imposed for the very purpose not to "overwhelm" the empty hospitals?

What you are posting today is disgraceful - know this.

the hospital wasn't empty, a specific department of it may have been on a very temporary basis.
    what you post every day is disgraceful - know this.
    it's also lies, misrepresentation and all else.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

the hospital wasn't empty, a specific department of it may have been on a very temporary basis.
    what you post every day is disgraceful - know this.
    it's also lies, misrepresentation and all else.

Please dont. I dont know if you are aware or not but in Ireland, less people died in 2020 than in 2019.

Seriously today is not the day for your posts. it really isnt. Get courage - go outside. seriously

doesn't matter how old the article is, your lie that the hospital is empty is still a lie.

:D

I have to give ye credit mind, you’re the first poster who actually went out of their way to argue down their own original point in subsequent posts without even realising it.

Well we were talking about Ireland then we switched to Venice and then France. So I was talking about Paris, but then we switched to Holland, so I don't see why I can't switch to new Zealand or the Isle of Man, or some tropical island.

This thread is about re-drawing an imaginary line in the sand to suit yourself. That works both ways.

it's exactly where you started from, it's been your whole complaint throughout this whole forum that we are unable to do anything.

Please dont. I dont know if you are aware or not but in Ireland, less people died in 2020 than in 2019. ..

That seems like a good thing.

Will you be taking about people not living life next?

Not to worry, you'll still see my posts when people quote them. :) and I can still quote yours. So all good.

Please dont. I dont know if you are aware or not but in Ireland, less people died in 2020 than in 2019.

Seriously today is not the day for your posts. it really isnt. Get courage - go outside. seriously

assuming that statement is true then that is a good thing.
    it shows that controlling the virus and minimising it's spread is the right call.
    i go outside every day, within my 5 k of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

assuming that statement is true then that is a good thing.
    it shows that controlling the virus and minimising it's spread is the right call.
    i go outside every day, within my 5 k of course.

There were 148 fatalities on Irish roads last year. We could get that number down to zero instantly if we banned all motor vehicles.

• Advertisement

GazzaL wrote: »
    There were 148 fatalities on Irish roads last year. We could get that number down to zero instantly if we banned all motor vehicles.

Interestingly there were 25% less collisions in 2020 but road deaths were up 6%

But I guess then maybe deaths isn't an appropriate metric taken in isolation and out of context. So you're ok with that idea when it comes to cars. But not when it's Covid metrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

Was out and about walking today, a lot of people in playgrounds, park benches having coffee, groups walking together, people stopping for a chat was all very good to see.

I don't think anyone is advocating getting 50k in landsdowne road next week but with no definitive plan, no timeline, no metrics on when things can be eased, no proper government communication and no hope in sight many people will start to identify what they think is an acceptable level risk and act accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Just back from a long run, took in a few parks on the route and by god, each one of them was jam packed. Paths full, car parks overflowing, people everywhere and it was noticeable that 99% of them were not wearing a mask.

Seems like the hysteria of fear has run its course, these people are not afraid of covid any more

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Just back from a long run, took in a few parks on the route and by god, each one of them was jam packed. Paths full, car parks overflowing, people everywhere and it was noticeable that 99% of them were not wearing a mask.

Seems like the hysteria of fear has run its course, these people are not afraid of covid any more

It obvious the only thing stopping people is the weather lately. Any kind of dry spell and people are out in force. The government have lost the people.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    It obvious the only thing stopping people is the weather lately. Any kind of dry spell and people are out in force. The government have lost the people.

Not all of them. There are still few here who support this shower of sh*te.

But thankfully 99% + dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Interestingly there were 25% less collisions in 2020 but road deaths were up 6%

But I guess then maybe deaths isn't an appropriate metric taken in isolation and out of context. So you're ok with that idea when it comes to cars. But not when it's Covid metrics.

:confused:

I'm not ok with the idea when it comes to cars, I'm pointing out the complete and utter nonsensical logic used by pro-lockdown nutjobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Was out and about walking today, a lot of people in playgrounds, park benches having coffee, groups walking together, people stopping for a chat was all very good to see.

I don't think anyone is advocating getting 50k in landsdowne road next week but with no definitive plan, no timeline, no metrics on when things can be eased, no proper government communication and no hope in sight many people will start to identify what they think is an acceptable level risk and act accordingly.

I was in Dundrum shopping centre earlier with my partner to pick up a few things. Plenty of people sitting around outside eating food from some of the stands, a few even brought their own chairs. We'll be joining them next weekend weather permitting. Both of us have been following the guidelines so far but enough is enough. I don't want to see everything open tomorrow, I understand that would be too soon, but how is outdoor dining high risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,377 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Getting pissed off at all this Variants talk and shutting down just incase

Lockdowns not working and people not adhering to the regulations. Can't possibly be any connection there.

People are fed up with the restrictions they aren't adhering to. So they aren't going to adhere to them. How will we notice the difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Oh i’m not so sure about the future not looking so good. I know some will choose to ignore this but here you go:

https://twitter.com/business/status/1363460186711744512?s=21

The his post only got one single thank (except mine). It’s real news that will help bring the pandemic and the restrictions, to an end. And most of the ones who like to go on and on about Tony Hoolahoop and MeHole Martin, didn’t seem to show any interest in it.

I think they prefer to read posts giving out about lockdown, to things that will actually bring lockdown to an end.

Great news suggesting the vaccine will help curb transmissions as well as prevent people becoming sick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement