Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Customers. Customers.

Do meat plants have customers? no.
    Do factories have customers? no.

Do restaurants have customers?
    Do pubs have customers?
    Do retail shops have customers?
    Do cinemas have customers?

Seriously whats wrong with you today?

Very disappointing, I am off for a walk - I highly recommend one for you too.

Make sure you stay within the 5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Are you talking about the hysteria that is still strong in some? Deadly covid resulting in less deaths in 2020 in Ireland than 2019?

That is truly stupid. We finally agree :pac:

It's this thread thats hysterical.

There were no deaths from Covid in 2019, if we were to take what you said literally.

The Govt keeps bowing to popular opinion. So if there's enough social media pressure they will ease restrictions.

So you've nothing really to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Parachutes wrote: »
    Unless there's a BLM protest, then half the country could turn up and not a squeak out of anyone.

Yeah right. You are living somewhere else for sure.

Customers. Customers.

Do pubs have customers?

What's the conditions for workers there? Are they working close to each other? Are they afraid to call in sick etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Curfew is gone. They got what they wanted.

It is really end of the road for you in this thread isnt it? Credibility : 0.00

nope they got nothing.
    curfew is still there.
    thankfully the rioting was a big huge failure, the people of the netherlands just like here don't take kindly to people throwing paving slabs at police.
    Are you talking about the hysteria that is still strong in some? Deadly covid resulting in less deaths in 2020 in Ireland than 2019?

That is truly stupid. We finally agree

you mean deadly covid that, due to being controlled, isn't anywhere near as deadly as it could be if uncontrolled?
    What I dont understand, and please correct me if i am wrong, 5% of businesses were shut down in July 2020. Cases were 5 - 10 per day throughout.

Now we have 6 weeks of 95% of businesses closed down, yet cases are 800-1000 per day and dont reduce.

I mean precautions? Really?

well it's simple really.
    when we opened up at christmas, a small minority ran amuck, we ended up with the highest case numbers in the world, and now it is taking time for that number to reduce, which thankfully the numbers are reducing all be it not as quick as we would like.
    Whats your point? Law makers introduce temporary curfew while rejection of original 1 is being appealed.

I mean if I was you I'd be ashamed linking that shi*e.

Look - from your article

Dutch senators approved hastily drawn up legislation

What are you doing here? seriously? embarrassing.

curfew is still in place.
    the rioters lost.
    that's it.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

So when will it end?

Kinda been missed in the discussions to be fair.

Like I said previously take European countries on average reducing restrictions and add at last 6 to 8 weeks for Ireland to ease them.

Uk will be similar to Europe, maybe a little ahead.

Europe will have a relatively normal summer but all staycations with everything normal enough apart from big crowds at events say no more than 500. Obviously handwashing, masks in shops etc remain.

There will be no real travel this summer for any country in Europe to another

Here I expect if we are lucky to have pubs open with a substantial meal :rolleyes:
    Possibly open in August, shops and restaurants maybe in June followed by lock down again in October whereas Europe won’t have a level of lockdown close to ours ever again but we will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why can't we listen to the advice from the WHO, restrictions should be on sick people and their contacts. Mike Ryan has being saying it from the start and reiterated it the other day.

""I've said this since the beginning, if you focus on cases, contacts and clusters, if you focus on restricting the movement of those who are sick or their contacts then you don't have to restrict the movement of all of society", he said.

the kelt wrote: »
    So when will it end?

Kinda been missed in the discussions to be fair.

Like I said previously take European countries on average reducing restrictions and add at last 6 to 8 weeks for Ireland to ease them.

Uk will be similar to Europe, maybe a little ahead.

Europe will have a relatively normal summer but all staycations with everything normal enough apart from big crowds at events say no more than 500. Obviously handwashing, masks in shops etc remain.

There will be no real travel this summer for any country in Europe to another

Here I expect if we are lucky to have pubs open with a substantial meal :rolleyes:
    Possibly open in August, shops and restaurants maybe in June followed by lock down again in October whereas Europe won’t have a level of lockdown close to ours ever again but we will.

When do think we'll be able to travel around the country. I think end of may early June?

Why can't we listen to the advice from the WHO, restrictions should be on sick people and their contacts. Mike Ryan has being saying it from the start and reiterated it the other day.

""I've said this since the beginning, if you focus on cases, contacts and clusters, if you focus on restricting the movement of those who are sick or their contacts then you don't have to restrict the movement of all of society", he said.

Do we have swift test and contact tracing? Nope

Define sick please.

You do know the virus is highly contagious right?

• Advertisement

Because you don't know who is sick, due to the high % of asymptomatic people.

I've been following the people living on boats etc. Around the world. They generally have to have a negative test before they are allowed to leave the boat.

beauf wrote: »
    Because you don't know who is sick, due to the high % of asymptomatic people.

Really, someone should tell the WHO very irresponsible of them to suggest anything but lockdown.

Dutch senators approved hastily drawn up legislation underpinning the country's coronavirus curfew late on Friday, ensuring that it will remain in force at least until early March despite a court order on Tuesday that it be scrapped.

This is from your article. Curfew was gone for few days, before desperate politicians drew up some more "hastily drawn up" rubbish.

What happens when appeal is rejected? I am sure you wont be linking that article

Come back to me next week will ya

curfew wasn't gone, it was still enforced dispite the court order.
    it will still be enforced should the appeal be rejected, they will just write the legislation in a way that satisfies the courts.
    Customers. Customers.

Do pubs have customers?

do meat plants have customers? yes, they do, the supermarkets and suppliers to restaurants among others.
    do factories have customers? yes, they do, those who buy the product that the factories are producing.
    oh dear.
    46 Long wrote: »
    Sure, lets lockdown 5 million people and bring the country to it's knees because 0.016% of the population are catching a disease with a 99% survival rate. For the craic like. Nothing to do with us being the living embodiment of a sunk cost fallacy.

the country isn't being brought to it's knees.
    it's not the likes of the hospitality and other industries which are closed which contribute the most and actually keep the show on the road, even if their contributions collectively are high.
    covid has a majority survival rate but it's not in the 99% figure and the amount potentially vulnerable to it for all of the various reasons is said to be up to a million people.
    and as well as that those vulnerable to all sorts if the health system became overwhelmed or god forbid collapsed under the weight of hospitalisations had we not bothered to control the spread meaning we would be a complete basket case.
    Parachutes wrote: »
    Unless there's a BLM protest, then half the country could turn up and not a squeak out of anyone.

nope, it would be overwhelmingly condemned just like the decision to go ahead last time was overwhelmingly condemned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

They defer to the WHO when it supports the lockdown agenda, otherwise the WHO is completely ignored. NPHET take the fore.

beauf wrote: »

I've been following the people living on boats etc. Around the world. They generally have to have a negative test before they are allowed to leave the boat.

We don't live on a boat, personal responsibility is enough, lockdown of healthy people is not required the WHO have said it.

We don't live on a boat, personal responsibility is enough, lockdown of healthy people is not required the WHO have said it.

Could you point out where the WHO said that please.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Could you point out where the WHO said that please.

No do your own research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭aziz

Do we have swift test and contact tracing? Nope

Define sick please.

You do know the virus is highly contagious right?

I’m starting to doubt this,

My wife had it,myself and our two daughters didn’t
    And I know now of a lot more cases of people in very close contact with a confirmed case didn’t catch it.

My wife when asked what’s it like,will say
    “Flu”

tommybrees wrote: »

Yup people with your attitude would have us still living under British rule. Or paying probably close to a thousand euro a year for water charges now.

nope, the protest against water charges had wide spread support thankfully as water charges are unjust.
    protesting against public health measures on the other hand during a pandemic to deal with said pandemic isn't going to have the same support.

because it does absolutely nothing in terms of controlling the virus, and you don't know exactly who or how many people have it due to asymptomatic cases.

the evidence says otherwise.
    lock down of healthy people reduces the amount of virus in the community, thus transmission, thus cases and thus hospitalisations.
    believe me i wish it was the case that by just ignoring it it would go away but unfortunately that isn't happening and it won't, so we have to face the reality of the situation we are in.

• Advertisement

No do your own research.

Well you stating something as a fact without any back up, apart from telling me to do my own research..

Well you stating something as a fact without any back up, apart from telling me to do my own research..

You've no comprehension skills, demonstraded beyond any doubt the other day. If I told you the sun sets in the west you wouldn't belive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

lock down of healthy people reduces the amount of virus in the community, thus transmission, thus cases and thus hospitalisations.
    believe me i wish it was the case that by just ignoring it it would go away but unfortunately that isn't happening and it won't, so we have to face the reality of the situation we are in.

Banning motor vehicles would reduce road accidents and deaths. Why don't we do that? There are acceptable levels of risk.

If you choose to lock yourself inside to avoid any risks associated with contact with the outside world, knock yourself out. You're having a ****ing laugh if you think everyone else is going to do the same.

Does it? Dublin and the vast majority of the country, was not in lockdown last summer, and the number of cases was less that it is now, after two months of level 5 lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

You've no comprehension skills, demonstraded beyond any doubt the other day. If I told you the sun sets in the west you wouldn't belive it.

Trying to reason with the pro-lockdown crowd is like trying to reason with flat earthers.

Ah ok. Glad you have all the abilities to lead us through pandemic. And to be honest I'll be happy to follow guidelines and common sense instead of yours half baked bullshīt. Can't wait to see sun tomorrow morning cuz have to get up early for work.

GazzaL wrote: »
    Banning motor vehicles would reduce road accidents and deaths. Why don't we do that? There are acceptable levels of risk.

We do do that. You're only allowed in certain places, have to pass a difficult test, get a licence, get insurance, have medicals all sorts of rules and regulations.

We have had different levels of lockdown with different level of risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Really, someone should tell the WHO very irresponsible of them to suggest anything but lockdown.
    Why can't we listen to the advice from the WHO, restrictions should be on sick people and their contacts.

Perhaps you should read the WHO's stance on lockdowns? They don't advise against them an in fact say they are often necessary but can have a negative impact on disadvantaged communities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

robbiezero wrote: »
    How will health care workers suffer from people hiking?

Health care workers will suffer from a general willingness to spread Covid.

• Advertisement

GazzaL wrote: »
    Trying to reason with the pro-lockdown crowd is like trying to reason with flat earthers.

There would be no pro-lockdown crowd if people would follow basic guidelines.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement