Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

ELM327 wrote: »
    And you'll have other obese lads like myself that will :D:D

If you dont get the vaccine then thats on you but you should be restricted from the general population until you do.

I dont think you should.

That argument that we use in the masks debate - we do it for the others rather than for ourselves - cannot be reasonable made with regards to the vaccines. Due to the nature of the vaccines if you dont get vaccinated its really your risk not anyone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Speaking a nurse over the weekend who works in a large acute hospital here in England. She said that basically the number of deaths are greatly exaggerated. I am not peddling some crazy hoax theories- far from it.

One of the reasons is to speed up the release of bodies to the Muslim communities hence why the apparently disportionate high Covid deaths among the Asian communities. Basically hospitals are sticking down Covid on the death cert even if they may have it but it does not follow that was the cause of death but nevertheless it is included in the headline figures.

In fact, she is the second nurse (next door neighbour and in a different hospital) to say they same thing to me and an A&E consultant in a different hospital again said the same. All unrelated and separate conversations.

Did you get that on a Watsapp message alongside the army will be shooting people who don't wash their hands! Because I'm calling absolute bull in that post.
    Mass conspiracy amongst hospital workers to release bodies of Muslims quicker by saying they had Covid but no one has exposed the practise after 10 months of this Pandemic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

The fact is they don't know regardess of what he said.

But if it's transmitted and you have been vaccinated then you don't get the disease so transmission isn't an issue once you hit the a critical mass of people vaccinated.

There is going to be a new variant and new vaccine every year. The virus is endemic now. It's not going away. So that means we repeat the cycle of lockdowns forever? This is absolute and total insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

The CMO Tony Holohan just said so.
    The vaccine does not prevent transmission.
    So the restrictions masks etc will continue even if the vaccine is rolled out.

The restrictions will (must) end when we have reached critical vaccination mass to smother hospitalisation numbers.

We are only protection us from that allegedly just around the corner triage situation. We are not under the illusion we can save every single covid patient or that the vaccine will get us to zero covid.

Unless we change the goalposts again but I dont see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭victor8600

....The virus is endemic now. It's not going away. ....

Where is the Spanish Flu now, which killed at least 50 million people worldwide? It is probably still here in some form, but it is no longer dangerous. No guarantee that the covid-19 would peter out by itself in a few years, but it is very likely.

• Advertisement

There is going to be a new variant and new vaccine every year. The virus is endemic now. It's not going away. So that means we repeat the cycle of lockdowns forever? This is absolute and total insanity.

So do we increase ICU capacity x20, x 100 or something ?
    If the virus isn't going away (bullsh1t IMO) ignoring it is the solution? That's insanity IMO.

Speaking a nurse over the weekend who works in a large acute hospital here in England. She said that basically the number of deaths are greatly exaggerated. I am not peddling some crazy hoax theories- far from it.

One of the reasons is to speed up the release of bodies to the Muslim communities hence why the apparently disportionate high Covid deaths among the Asian communities. Basically hospitals are sticking down Covid on the death cert even if they may have it but it does not follow that was the cause of death but nevertheless it is included in the headline figures.

In fact, she is the second nurse (next door neighbour and in a different hospital) to say they same thing to me and an A&E consultant in a different hospital again said the same. All unrelated and separate conversations.

And I've talked to several nurses who've said the exact opposite.
    And most nurses I've ever had the subject raised with believe in Reiki and Homeopathy so there's that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You do realise falsifying evidence on a death cert is a crime, and can lead to a medical practitioner losing their license to practice medicine?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,019 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well if our lord and saviour said it it must be true.

What happens if 40% of the population or more refuse the vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭victor8600

They will get the immunity in some other way. Eventually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well if our lord and saviour said it it must be true.

What`s with all the anti Holohan personal attacks from you and others??

Quazzie wrote: »
    You do realise falsifying evidence on a death cert is a crime, and can lead to a medical practitioner losing their license to practice medicine?

Not agreeing with the poster, but what are they falsifying if they did have COVID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Wesekn.

They get the hydroxichloroquin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The vaccine may prevent transmission. It might only be partially but that would still be a great result.

At the moment we cannot definitely state that the vaccine does not prevent transmission. I don't care whether Holohan said it or not.

The restrictions will (must) end when we have reached critical vaccination mass to smother hospitalisation numbers.

We are only protection us from that allegedly just around the corner triage situation. We are not under the illusion we can save every single covid patient or that the vaccine will get us to zero covid.

Unless we change the goalposts again but I dont see it.

The people in hospital or dying are the very old and very sick already. The majority of these people simply died of old age and sickness but were infected with the virus. The numbers who have actually died directly from covid are actually minimal. The PCR tests in any case are notoriously inaccurate.
    The vast majority of people who have tested positive for covid in the wider community have no symptoms and never will get sick never mind die. Those who do suffer merely from normal flu symptoms and recover.
    The numbers of actual covid infects are multiples of the cases reported.

Therefore perhaps the entire population of Ireland has caught it and most didn't know it.

Our of a population of 5 million over 2000 have died.

That's a death rate of 0.03%

We are facing into an economic disaster a collapse in small businesses mass unemployment mass homelessness and civil strife because there will be no safety valve countries the young can emigrate to.

We have watched our government give power to crazed doom merchants who have brought the country to its knees.

I don't like or trust the man and I think he is a one trick pony, full lockdown is the only option. Do we really need a 20 plus panel to give us only one option every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

The science is settled. 110% consensus. We must do as the experts and our leaders say. Just be obedient and do as you are told and they will keep us all safe. Good lad.

You could nearly guess what 40% .............. offer them a free bag of cans or get Mary Lou to encourage them, job done :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭Allinall

Not agreeing with the poster, but what are they falsifying if they did have COVID

The cause of death.

They could have a rotten tooth, but putting that on the death cert would be falsifying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Did you get that on a Watsapp message alongside the army will be shooting people who don't wash their hands! Because I'm calling absolute bull in that post.
    Mass conspiracy amongst hospital workers to release bodies of Muslims quicker by saying they had Covid but no one has exposed the practise after 10 months of this Pandemic.

You are crediting me with a fantastic imagination if you think I can go around making up rubbish like that. These are first hand conversations I have had with nurses and consultants in different hospitals (my line of work means I have a lot of interaction with medical personal and I live near a large hospital). Call BS all you want. It is no skin off my nose. Bear in mind there is no Asian community in Ireland to the same scale as the UK so you will not be familiar with the quirks.

You are missing the point. Take a standard headline figure- "1000 died from Covid 19 yesterday". Well no. It just means they tested positive for Covid 19 and died within 28 days. That does not mean that 1000 died from Covid.

It is not some mad cover up/conspiracy. It's like in Ireland for example, the number of old lads that die from "heart attacks" but yet no autopsy. Do you not find that curious or perhaps you have never considered it? Any GP that certifies deaths will tell you (if you are friendly enough with them) that the person could have died from a stroke, heart attack, brain haemorrhage, aneurism, etc but to speed matters up they would just throw down "Heart attack". In the absence of suspicious circumstances, it is done for expediency. Rather than some conspiracy- call it a secret of the trade.

It's not unusual in medical circles and widespread- just because you are not aware does not make it BS.

I am not sure about you but I have seen death certificates in front of me with Covid 19 listed and I know how they are written up. It tends to be listed as the 3 and 4th contributory factor with the underlying health conditions listed first. It does not mean that Covid killed the person.

Let’s be clear of course there are unacceptable numbers of people dying purely from Covid and whether it is 1000 or 10 a day it is still too much.

ps No idea what the army/Whatsapp reference is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I dont think you should.

That argument that we use in the masks debate - we do it for the others rather than for ourselves - cannot be reasonable made with regards to the vaccines. Due to the nature of the vaccines if you dont get vaccinated its really your risk not anyone else's.

But you are putting others at risk.

The vaccine is 95% effective so their is still a 5% chance a vulnerable person will get it if they are exposed.

I don't like or trust the man and I think he is a one trick pony, full lockdown is the only option. Do we really need a 20 plus panel to give us only one option every time.

I reckon holohan could do the lot on his own

Guy is a genius

Paddygreen wrote: »
    The science is settled. We must do as the experts say.

Do whatever Dr Tony says? Even if it destroys your business your job and your life?
    How are people going to pay their bills their mortgages their rents feed their families when the PUP is cut or finally cut off?
    When you are living in a tent in the wind and rain will you still wear a mask and rub that alcohol on your hands?

That's why all public figures release state that the deaths are of people with Covid, not from Covid. This has been the case for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

He is clearly enjoying the spotlight way too much. The media have made a celebrity out of him.

I dont think you should.

But you are putting others at risk.

The vaccine is 95% effective so their is still a 5% chance a vulnerable person will get it if they are exposed.

Folk that trot out spiels like the bolded piece don't give a fnck about anyone but themselves but they'll p1ss and moan about pubs being closed etc etc and how the gubernment are a disgrace bla bla bla

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    He is clearly enjoying the spotlight way too much. The media have made a celebrity out of him.

How so

You are missing the point. Take a standard headline figure- "1000 died from Covid 19 yesterday". Well no. It just means they tested positive for Covid 19 and died within 28 days. That does not mean that 1000 died from Covid.

What headlines state numbers that died FROM covid. If there are any then it is deliberately misleading as these figures are never released. All official figures are for people who have died WITH covid.

Just as a reference here is the RTE website from recently.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0110/1188782-coronavirus-ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Wesekn. wrote: »
    I reckon holohan could do the lot on his own

Guy is a genius

I have made a Dr Tony shrine in the corner of the sitting room, a little grotto. It is the only thing that comforts me now. Must light a few incense cones now that I think of it. I smell Death everywhere now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement