Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Gript can reveal that members of the Zero-Covid advocacy group ISAG have recently been instructed to “look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety, and uncertainty.”

The revelation comes from a trove of hundreds of emails, draft documents, and ISAG internal communications that were recently leaked to Gript.

https://gript.ie/look-for-ways-to-increase-insecurity-anxiety-and-uncertainty-zero-covid-document/

If true it is utterly staggering.............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Gript can reveal that members of the Zero-Covid advocacy group ISAG have recently been instructed to “look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety, and uncertainty.”

The revelation comes from a trove of hundreds of emails, draft documents, and ISAG internal communications that were recently leaked to Gript.

https://gript.ie/look-for-ways-to-increase-insecurity-anxiety-and-uncertainty-zero-covid-document/

Imagine someone would told you this would happen back in March 2020. You'd call them tin foil hat conspiracy theorist. GEMMAROID.

Well well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

the kelt wrote: »
    So subtle its brilliant, there's lockdown fanatics just itching to thank.....

Lol. It gave me a laugh alright, but its a subtle as a headbutt :pac:

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    If true it is utterly staggering.............

Its beyond staggering. Bordering on a crime. Any Gardai here? This sort of shi*e would lead to suicides thats for sure, as last time I checked increased anxiety leads to bad places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

the kelt wrote: »
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/covid-19-in-ireland-lockdown-rules-must-stay-until-waiting-lists-fall-says-nphet-76pvt0m7r

So keep lockdown to reduce waiting list, that are by and large caused by lockdowns!!!!!

So never mind COVID, lockdown to reduce waiting lists.

And people here are thinking look we will open up with vaccinations, a few weeks behind the uk etc etc.

I genuinely dont have access to the article, was this covered anywhere else?

Ben Scallan of Gript.ie covered it. There were long waiting lists before Covid. Do these assholes expect us to stay in lockdowns for YEARS so these worthless assholes can get around to clearing their waiting lists?

We need to be on to our TDs and demand that this does not happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

What's gript?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭plodder

I saw that headline in the Sunday Times as well and thought it was pure click-bait. Even if NPHET said it, I couldn't see it happening.

‘Why do you sit out here all alone?’ said Alice…..
    ‘Why, because there’s nobody with me!’ cried Humpty Dumpty.‘Did you think I didn’t know the answer to that?’

plodder wrote: »
    I saw that headline in the Sunday Times as well and thought it was pure click-bait. Even if NPHET said it, I couldn't see it happening.

Same NPHET that want restrictions to continue into 2022?

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    The Irish media have been doing a pretty superb job of this since last March so not sure ISAG need to bother......

Absolutely and they're helping everyone keep updated, I don't see how people are getting annoyed with the Irish media coverage during these uncertain times.

We are in periolus times, and we need solidarity to support the national broadcasting media outlets and organisations

I think they're not getting enough credit for their lustre to help us all live with this current climate.
    How can anyone say that they're trying to scare people and not help us.
    The news is very good at updating us with new strains of the virus, and at present covid transmission is in decline.

I look back to my weekends at Body and Soul, sitting in a barrel with 4 people in warm water and we're all in our trunks... deep house music and minimal techno in the background, alcohol and probably drug's too around the place.
    Loud music and dancing all around, that's how viruses spread and I for one am never going to put myself in the firing line again.
    I can put the seaweed from the local health shop in the bath tub, put on a speaker and find a good dance mix on Spotify or listen to a Boiler room set in the comfort of my own home...
    No need for festivals and people knocking into each other and snogging strangers etc absolutely disgusting...
    I'll admit I was one of those careless people, but not I know the difference, and I'd hate to pass on a summer cold or worse again a flu.

Our senior civil servants and politicians know what's best and that's good enough for me.
    When the time is right they'll be able to structure society for the good and all.

As an exe party goer I'm now understanding the benifets of a quiet life at home, and if covid dissapears we'll know in future how to stay safe, after all our home's are our castles and having a garden is a bonus.
    And I'm not out to offend anyone it's just my opinion and what ever happens happens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

100 cases per day achieves the aim of what? what happens when theres 100 cases a day?

Its a serious question. You have 4,900,000 in level 5 lockdown, surely there must be some sort of exact answer to this question?

PS why 100 cases a day? What if we get all over 65s vaccinated before cases are 100 a day, will we still stay in level 5?

It's an indication that there will be a lower level of community transmission. Less cases equals less chance of the virus spreading.

How can there be an exact answer when there are so many factors involved in managing how the virus is transmitted?

I agree that there should be no need for level 5 if everyone over 65 and all the vulnerable groups are vaccinated.

• Advertisement

What is ISAG?

bubblypop wrote: »
    What is ISAG?

You dont want to know.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

What is ISAG?

https://www.isagcovid19.org/

The Independent Scientific Advocacy Group (I.S.A.G.) is a multidisciplinary group of scientists, academics, and researchers who have come together to advocate for a SARS-CoV-2 elimination strategy for the island of Ireland.

I.S.A.G. has published several papers outlining its strategy and recommendations, and you can find them in "Key Reports from the Group" below.

Founded by Anthony Staines, Gerry Killeen, and Tomás Ryan in June 2020, I.S.A.G. is independent of government. All of our members are volunteers and they freely commit their time every week to discuss the COVID-19 science that underpins the Irish and Northern Irish government’s response strategies.

aido79 wrote: »
    It's an indication that there will be a lower level of community transmission. Less cases equals less chance of the virus spreading.

How can there be an exact answer when there are so many factors involved in managing how the virus is transmitted?

I agree that there should be no need for level 5 if everyone over 65 and all the vulnerable groups are vaccinated.

Can we maybe try to agree, for the first time, that if everyone over 65 and all the vulnerable groups are vaccinated we can go into level 2? Level 2.5 at the most conservative?

Negotiations :)

Like I heard that that demographic is approx 20% of the nation. I think its more like 15%. All in all we should very much get there by mid April assuming 250k weekly vaccines first 2 weeks of April. And thus mid April we should all be able to go out there and have some fine dinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Jeez, that's a bit sinister - "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions". It's actually horrific, to treat people like this, by people who hold themselves as an authority group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

What is ISAG?

Ironically ISAG stands for Independent Scientific Advocacy Group

Independent (they’re so independent that they have someone unknown pulling their strings)

Scientific (basing all your goals on anti science or pseudoscience. Laughable)

Advocacy Group

JMNolan wrote: »
    Jeez, that's a bit sinister - "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions". It's actually horrific, to treat people like this, by people who hold themselves as an authority group.

You can see some dont like "science".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

plodder wrote: »

Why? Martin and Varadkar have already proven that they'll just blindly go along with whatever NPHET tells them.

Can we maybe try to agree, for the first time, that if everyone over 65 and all the vulnerable groups are vaccinated we can go into level 2? Level 2.5 at the most conservative?

Negotiations :)

Like I heard that that demographic is approx 20% of the nation. I think its more like 15%. All in all we should very much get there by mid April assuming 250k weekly vaccines first 2 weeks of April. And thus mid April we should all be able to go out there and have some fine dinning.

Can we also agree that there is no point in considering moving to level 2.5 before the vulnerable and those over 65 which make up the majority of hospitalisions and deaths are vaccinated?
    So vaccinate them by mid April and then 2 weeks after that to get full immunity brings us to the beginning of May. How does that differ from when the government are talking about easing restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Can we also agree that there is no point in considering moving to level 2.5 before the vulnerable and those over 65 which make up the majority of hospitalisions and deaths are vaccinated?
    So vaccinate them by mid April and then 2 weeks after that to get full immunity brings us to the beginning of May. How does that differ from when the government are talking about easing restrictions?

Is it, is their plan announced?

• Advertisement

We cant. You cant jump from level 5 to level 2.

JMNolan wrote: »
    Is it, is their plan announced?

I presume you know it's not announced.

We cant. You cant jump from level 5 to level 2.

We might not get to level 2 in May but restrictions will be eased from May onwards.

We might not get to level 2 in May but restrictions will be eased from May onwards.

That doesnt make any sense.

Should restrictions not be eased as number of vaccinated people grows?

Every 3 weeks we should go into next level starting from Monday. so by 1st week of May we ll be in level 2.

I am sure death and destruction will not materialise if we go to level 4 on 21 March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

iagreebut wrote: »
    Absolutely and they're helping everyone keep updated, I don't see how people are getting annoyed with the Irish media coverage during these uncertain times.

We are in periolus times, and we need solidarity to support the national broadcasting media outlets and organisations

I think they're not getting enough credit for their lustre to help us all live with this current climate.
    How can anyone say that they're trying to scare people and not help us.
    The news is very good at updating us with new strains of the virus, and at present covid transmission is in decline.

I look back to my weekends at Body and Soul, sitting in a barrel with 4 people in warm water and we're all in our trunks... deep house music and minimal techno in the background, alcohol and probably drug's too around the place.
    Loud music and dancing all around, that's how viruses spread and I for one am never going to put myself in the firing line again.
    I can put the seaweed from the local health shop in the bath tub, put on a speaker and find a good dance mix on Spotify or listen to a Boiler room set in the comfort of my own home...
    No need for festivals and people knocking into each other and snogging strangers etc absolutely disgusting...
    I'll admit I was one of those careless people, but not I know the difference, and I'd hate to pass on a summer cold or worse again a flu.

Our senior civil servants and politicians know what's best and that's good enough for me.
    When the time is right they'll be able to structure society for the good and all.

As an exe party goer I'm now understanding the benifets of a quiet life at home, and if covid dissapears we'll know in future how to stay safe, after all our home's are our castles and having a garden is a bonus.
    And I'm not out to offend anyone it's just my opinion and what ever happens happens...

You definitely are having a laugh with that the way those in power have handled this situation from the beginning.

You obviously took to much powder in the hot tub that day.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

They are actually looking for quicker easing of restrictions in UK than announced yesterday.

Wow. Talk about holding government accountable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

19 cases in cork yesterday and i cant even get a bazzer till may fcuk off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They are actually looking for quicker easing of restrictions in UK than announced yesterday.

Wow. Talk about holding government accountable.

Who's they?

19 cases in cork yesterday and i cant even get a bazzer till may fcuk off

How many went to a hospital and or were showing any symptoms?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

How many went to a hospital and or were showing any symptoms?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement