Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

We are heading to numbers in the region of 400 Covid patients in a health system with 11,000 beds....many of whom will have got the virus in hospital, doesn't sound like it'll be overrun anytime soon.

I don't know why people are still talking as if we're in January. I feel like I've stepped into some kind of parallel universe sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

UK's plan isn't particular adventurous or ambitious based on how quickly they're vaccinating.

Ye it's actually pretty cautious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I don't know why people are still talking as if we're in January. I feel like I've stepped into some kind of parallel universe sometimes.

You have. There is planet earth. and there is planet covid.

On planet covid hospitals could be overrun any day, they are 99% likely to be overrun when Anto in Finglas re opens his barber shop. They are even more likely to be overrun when vaccines are being rolled out daily.

Its truly embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Variants....variants, that is why they have been all over media in recent weeks.

Ignore the blatant seasonality factor at all costs!!!

This is getting beyond reckless government at this stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

bubblypop wrote: »
    Restrictions are not to protect people.
    They are to protect the health service

They are to protect the careers of the inept managers of the health service, and the inept politicians who oversee them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

What a sad sad upsetting day. Its even more sad given yesterdays good news announcement from the UK.

I am truly embarrassed for this nanny state government, I never thought politicians could sink so low.

And to think that there are individuals out there who think that 20% + unemployment for 9 out of 11 months is fine and can continue to May this year is absolutely beyond me.

Well you know you could always call for people to have a protest march about it. Maybe stone the Gardai and destroy and loot a few shops while they are at it just like the one in Holland that you were cheerleading previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭buzzing147

Asked this before don't think got reply, anyone know for how long a business closes, when staff have covid? Butchers beside me closed last week, still closed, because staff members tested positive, only butchers in area😒

One of the hospitals in Limerick.

They will be overrun in 4...3....2......

welcome to planet covid. We should extend the level 5 lockdown until 2022 to be certain we dont overwhelm these hard working nurses.

How bad will the economy be in April 2022? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Ye it's actually pretty cautious

Agreed it is very cautious which makes what the muppets are doing here even more ridiculous.....

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Multipass wrote: »
    They are to protect the careers of the inept managers of the health service, and the inept politicians who oversee them.

The politicians are not to blame nor are the great manager's of the health system.

They are trying to protect our best interests, I don't understand why people are having a go at the health system or politicians.
    They're there to protect us and they have professional people who are in the background working hard to get rid of the pandemic.

I don't know why people are annoyed at the progress going on.
    These are our heroes, we'll have a roof over our heads, food on the table and plenty of entertainment via Netflix and Amazon prime etc

If any of us can't afford our mortgages or rent, we might have to buckle up and go through some more pain.

Listening to those concerned people on the radio add's warms my heart, stick together, stay apart, work together stay apart.
    No doubt they have people who are paid handsomely to come up with these sound bites, and proper order if it's tax payers money.
    Senior civil servants and politicians and similar people are grateful for our positive impact on keeping the virus at bay.

Reopening the schools will be a great achievement, because they're our future.

I've friends who are working as carer's looking after the vunerable and people who can't look after themselves.

There's light getting through the cracks now, so we'll be progressing to gradual opening up of the country.

Our health service is the most important thing we have, because of the health system we have nothing.

Hang on in there, because it'll be worth it.

Better to stick with level 5 because we don't want it to be like Christmas again, people lacking lustre for social distancing, the virus running rampant through restaurants and home's.

It's only a few more months, but we're going to be out of this.

And another thing, I think we're all going to adapt well to the new normal.. our government, health system and senior civil servants are well capable of helping us to get back on our feet, they're professional and know what's best for our welfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

iagreebut wrote: »
    The politicians are not to blame nor are the great manager's of the health system.

They are trying to protect our best interests, I don't understand why people are having a go at the health system or politicians.
    They're there to protect us and they have professional people who are in the background working hard to get rid of the pandemic.

I don't know why people are annoyed at the progress going on.
    These are our heroes, we'll have a roof over our heads, food on the table and plenty of entertainment via Netflix and Amazon prime etc

If any of us can't afford our mortgages or rent, we might have to buckle up and go through some more pain.

Listening to those concerned people on the radio add's warms my heart, stick together, stay apart, work together stay apart.
    No doubt they have people who are paid handsomely to come up with these sound bites, and proper order if it's tax payers money.
    Senior civil servants and politicians and similar people are grateful for our positive impact on keeping the virus at bay.

Reopening the schools will be a great achievement, because they're our future.

I've friends who are working as carer's looking after the vunerable and people who can't look after themselves.

There's light getting through the cracks now, so we'll be progressing to gradual opening up of the country.

Our health service is the most important thing we have, because of the health system we have nothing.

Hang on in there, because it'll be worth it.

Better to stick with level 5 because we don't want it to be like Christmas again, people lacking lustre for social distancing, the virus running rampant through restaurants and home's.

It's only a few more months, but we're going to be out of this.

And another thing, I think we're all going to adapt well to the new normal.. our government, health system and senior civil servants are well capable of helping us to get back on our feet, they're professional and know what's best for our welfare.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm??!

Well that was an utter load of tripe from Mehole. Don't even know what to say anymore...........he may as well have just stuck up some old speech from Leo and saved the elecy bill.

Not one shred of detail...................utter waffle.

One of the hospitals in Limerick.

They will be overrun in 4...3....2......

welcome to planet covid. We should extend the level 5 lockdown until 2022 to be certain we dont overwhelm these hard working nurses.

How bad will the economy be in April 2022? :mad:

They're our heroes and they're working hard, and they'll deserve a bonus after all of this.
    Like I said 20 Euro should be deducted from the pup and put in their pockets.
    They should also get a holiday too, and be the first people to fly out of the country and get some well deserved sun.
    Along with pharmacists and general practitioners.

If there's a covid vaccine passport it might be worth suggesting a nominal fee for the procurement and administrative costs.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm??!

No I'm serious, were in a serious situation here.

It's no laughing matter, I'm all for lockdown until we're at zero covid.

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    Well that was an utter load of tripe from Mehole. Don't even know what to say anymore...........he may as well have just stuck up some old speech from Leo and saved the elecy bill.

Not one shred of detail...................utter waffle.

The only way things will change is if enough protest. Theres a 2 o clock protest in Stephens Green in Dublin this Saturday. I will be there as theres too much hate built up to just sit around for another 6 weeks.

LOL

The only way things will change is if enough protest. Theres a 2 o clock protest in Stephens Green in Dublin this Saturday. I will be there as theres too much hate built up to just sit around for another 6 weeks.

Sounds like a plan !! Any links to any info on it ??

LOL

It's not funny, this is serious.
    I'm not laughing here.
    It's serious.

Sounds like a plan !! Any links to any info on it ??

St Stephens Green 2 o clock. Thats all the info you need.

I personally cant sit around anymore.

It's not funny, this is serious.
    I'm not laughing here.
    It's serious.

Then you would need to catch a grip of yourself fairly lively. Inept management and gutless politicians have created the septic HSE as it is. They are absolutely to blame.

• Advertisement

Okay !! Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Allinall

Nice one. Potentially string out the lockdown even further.

Will it be a socially distant, mask wearing protest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Allinall wrote: »

It's gonna be better than that...everyone is going to wheel their beds up O'Connell St and hide under them!

Allinall wrote: »

Further?

Did you not hear M Martin? UK variant is almost like a new virus.

We are in new set of lockdowns now. Will be revised on 5th of April so hold firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Our only hope is the successful rolling out of the VACINNES .
    They are obviously buying time .
    Probably waiting for the Johnson and Johnston approval from EMA due in next couple of weeks .
    That will be a one dose , therefore only paying €35 per patient instead of €60 .
    Listening to Michael Martin and the likes of Stephen Donnelly it's the future I'm most fearful of .
    We really are going to reap what we sow with these politicans .

Then you would need to catch a grip of yourself fairly lively. Inept management and gutless politicians have created the septic HSE as it is. They are absolutely to blame.

They're not to blame, they're the best we have and I know you're annoyed with the lockdown event.
    It's for the greater good of all of us.

We're in this together, it's not as if there's an asteroid or a few which could potentially wipe us all out and they don't need the panic.

I heard all kinds of things bandied about, and it's not fair blaming our trusted leadership.

Stay safe and keep tuned into RTE Via the airwaves and websites for updates on variants and a potential upsurge.

Even daftpunk are breaking up now, next we'll hear all the DJs and producers will be packing up their gear and picking up a guitar and strumming away at home.
    That is the way.

They're not to blame, they're the best we have and I know you're annoyed with the lockdown event.
    It's for the greater good of all of us.

We're in this together, it's not as if there's an asteroid or a few which could potentially wipe us all out and they don't need the panic.

I heard all kinds of things bandied about, and it's not fair blaming our trusted leadership.

Stay safe and keep tuned into RTE Via the airwaves and websites for updates on variants and a potential upsurge.

Even daftpunk are breaking up now, next we'll hear all the DJs and producers will be packing up their gear and picking up a guitar and strumming away at home.
    That is the way.

Just can't wait for my nightly update from George Doom and Gloom Lee, followed by the latest episode of Scaretime Investigates and if I haven't had enough by then I might rewatch Claire Byrne's misery hour...........and then we have Pat 'Variant' Kenny to listen to tomorrow AM on Newstalk.............

And in-between I'll check online for the latest update from Sam McConkey to find out how he is getting on trying to have Zero Covid made law before we can even consider opening up.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

what day is that

copeyhagen wrote: »
    what day is that

This Saturday 27th of Feb.

• Advertisement

Just can't wait for my nightly update from George Doom and Gloom Lee, followed by the latest episode of Scaretime Investigates and if I haven't had enough by then I might rewatch Claire Byrne's misery hour...........and then we have Pat 'Variant' Kenny to listen to tomorrow AM on Newstalk.............

And in-between I'll check online for the latest update from Sam McConkey to find out how he is getting on trying to have Zero Covid made law before we can even consider opening up.............

Yes zero covid is our strategic planning and we'll get there.

And stay away from Sky news Australia, they're economic with the truth... wink wink

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement