Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

And there ye go, we have a brand new virus now.

And so it begins.....

Anyone any the wiser after that, I mean they’re new even contradicing the current level of what’s allowed sports wise for example.

So clear and concise communication as usual or else they’ve shut down rugby and horse racing without even realising

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1364279164182945793?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

iagreebut wrote: »

They're not to blame, they're the best we have and I know you're annoyed with the lockdown event.
    It's for the greater good of all of us.

We're in this together, it's not as if there's an asteroid or a few which could potentially wipe us all out and they don't need the panic.

I heard all kinds of things bandied about, and it's not fair blaming our trusted leadership.

Stay safe and keep tuned into RTE Via the airwaves and websites for updates on variants and a potential upsurge.

Even daftpunk are breaking up now, next we'll hear all the DJs and producers will be packing up their gear and picking up a guitar and strumming away at home.
    That is the way.

This is the twisted selfish narative rte and people like you I'm alright even if the lockdown is destroying peoples mental wellbeing

hardest lockdown in the world is not right, it is wrong it is over and not working hope people realize this and start living I wont be here on the 5th april

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

St Stephens Green 2 o clock. Thats all the info you need.

I personally cant sit around anymore.

was wondering when this would happen. Its the only way it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

S_D wrote: »

It really is.

They say hope never dies but M Martin with NPHET have proved otherwise today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nilda

Hi, I totally agree,
    that by Christmas only half of the people in the world will be vaccinated. what is real this disease is worldwide
    and what I follow on the news. The release of vaccines is slow, which makes us sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭billyhead

St Stephens Green 2 o clock. Thats all the info you need.

I personally cant sit around anymore.

And what exactly are you expecting to achieve. I'm all for expressing your democratic right but it ain't going to change anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,598 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's not ending anytime soon esp with the new UK variant that is another new disease

Europe need to step in to save us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,280 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

We'll have outdoor pints by the end of April, going on what MM said about vaccination schedule hospital numbers will have fallen off a cliff by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's not ending anytime soon esp with the new UK variant that is another new disease

Europe need to step in to save us

How would Europe save us? What are they saving us from?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

The only way things will change is if enough protest. Theres a 2 o clock protest in Stephens Green in Dublin this Saturday. I will be there as theres too much hate built up to just sit around for another 6 weeks.

Better stock up on rocks and paving stones for ammo before you go. Oh and check to see which shops can be looted while you`re at it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

nilda wrote: »
    Hi, I totally agree,
    that by Christmas only half of the people in the world will be vaccinated. what is real this disease is worldwide
    and what I follow on the news. The release of vaccines is slow, which makes us sad.

I know where you're coming from, but unfortunately we have to rise above the sadness.
    We're resilient and we're living in a modern world with advancement of medical science.

The logistics of getting everyone vaccinated will be hard going, between procurement and administrative costs and the people administrating the vaccine etc takes time.

I know I'm all for lockdowns until this thing goes away, but it will go away and in a year or two we'll be able to open up again and carry on as much as before, but it'll be a new normal.

I'm worried about refugees and asylum seekers because they're suffering more than us, and the sooner we get them settled here and away from harmful situations the better.
    They should be vaccinated too before they come here and paid for by us the tax payers, it's the least we can do.

In the past I loved to party and enjoy music festivals, hugging and kissing strangers etc, sitting in barrels of warm water and seaweed with three other people, looking back that behaviour was absolutely disgusting.
    I'm ashamed to admit that now, I was a selfish man, motivated by the party lifestyle and togetherness.
    Absolutely irresponsible behaviour nowadays.
    Drinking to excess, playing twister in yoga class.
    Going to spiritual retreats and sharing mugs with strangers group hugs etc if covid was around back then I'd have been a super spreader.
    I went to Body and Soul and I knew I was coming down with the flu, and all 5 of us except the prison officer the odd ball of the group caught the flu in the next week... smart guy gets the flu vaccine,his fiance is a nurse and she's all for vaccines.
    It was my fault, and I feel so bad about it...

Sitting in the hot barrel thinking I had it made, but looking back now no more of that behaviour.

Those outdoor hot tubs are disease spreaders and if I see anyone setting one up, I'd feel like pouring them out.

S_D wrote: »

Don't have anything to do with a protest, stay away from it, you'll be in big trouble.
    You don't realise how much it'll upset the curve, were on the last lap now hopefully.
    You'll get arrested if it gets rough, and they'll put people away.

A protest is a super spreader, we don't need an increase in variants.
    Please stay at home.
    You'll regret it if you go, and you've to think of others.

Please have a good think about it.

Stay at home.

billyhead wrote: »
    And what exactly are you expecting to achieve. I'm all for expressing your democratic right but it ain't going to change anything.

So you are asking a question and answering it at the same time?

Reality is - if we continue as we are we may have 5km limit on movements until June, July. I will not sit at home. I will not accept this. I will go to a protest and we ll take it from there.

1 thing is for certain - sitting at home for another 6 weeks and hoping things improve will achieve absolutely nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

They're not to blame, they're the best we have and I know you're annoyed with the lockdown event.
    It's for the greater good of all of us.

We're in this together, it's not as if there's an asteroid or a few which could potentially wipe us all out and they don't need the panic.

I heard all kinds of things bandied about, and it's not fair blaming our trusted leadership.

Stay safe and keep tuned into RTE Via the airwaves and websites for updates on variants and a potential upsurge.

Even daftpunk are breaking up now, next we'll hear all the DJs and producers will be packing up their gear and picking up a guitar and strumming away at home.
    That is the way.

It's not the best we have. Anyone who looks at the record of those leading the fight against this virus will quickly come to a view of complete incompetence. I would elaborate but the mods don't like talking about previous scandals that seriously bring into question the ability of the CMO and his decision making.

NPHET and the government have been an absolute farce since day zero.

As growleaves posted on another thread recently:

Ship is safe in the harbour, but thats not what ships are built for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

As growleaves posted on another thread recently:

Ship is safe in the harbour, but thats not what ships are built for.

And only a fool brings it out in a level 5 storm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

hynesie08 wrote: »
    How would Europe save us? What are they saving us from?

The poster has it wrong, they can’t save us, we can only help them to save themselves from this brand new virus

I can only think and despair, I mean imagine what’s being broadcast into the living rooms of our fellow eu citizens across the continent, the harrowing scenes from our hospitals beamed into the homes of our eu friends.

We can only hope those harrowing scenes help them to prepare, to get themselves ready.

We are all in this together, anyone for a bit of Jerusalema to get us through these darkest of days!

Akesh wrote: »
    It's not the best we have. Anyone who looks at the record of those leading the fight against this virus will quickly come to a view of complete incompetence. I would elaborate but the mods don't like talking about previous scandals that seriously bring into question the ability of the CMO and his decision making.

NPHET and the government have been an absolute farce since day zero.

NEPHT and the Government are doing well and there's no time now for slipping on the last leg of the summit.
    The government and NEPHT have been doing Trojan work for the well being and welfare of the population.
    They're there for the people who are vunerable and unable to look after themselves.
    It's the people who didn't adhere to the guidelines who created this mess, Christmas was absolute carnage.

All people had to do is keep their distance and maybe for one Christmas just stay away from each other and the vunerable.
    I'm not trying to guilt anyone or anything but if it's only for a few weeks now and we'll get back to normalisation of society.

The HSE and NEPHT have done a wonderful job, they can't take the blame for people loosing their jobs and businesses closing, they're our only hope now.

Imagine if we had a huge outbreak of the flu, and luckily we didn't because we have had bad flu seasons in the past.

My parents used to go on weekends away in the past, dad has a good pension fund and they love heading to hotels and restaurants, like myself they used to shoot the breeze.

Mam is nearly 80 now and she's had no cold or been run down in a year, apart from the usual aches and pain from Fibromyalgia , and even that's calmed down for her.
    I don't think she was able for all the coming and going anyway.

They're safe at home now and unfortunately I'm outside the 5k I'm in another county so my sister delivers the groceries etc, they might go for a walk around the block but on a windy day they stay in.

The local teenagers would be vaping cloud's, have you seen the cloud's off those things they're like a gang of mods revving up Vespas.
    Absolutely disgraceful.
    That stuff goes a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

NEPHT and the Government are doing well and there's no time now for slipping on the last leg of the summit.
    The government and NEPHT have been doing Trojan work for the well being and welfare of the population.
    They're there for the people who are vunerable and unable to look after themselves.
    It's the people who didn't adhere to the guidelines who created this mess, Christmas was absolute carnage.

All people had to do is keep their distance and maybe for one Christmas just stay away from each other and the vunerable.
    I'm not trying to guilt anyone or anything but if it's only for a few weeks now and we'll get back to normalisation of society.

The HSE and NEPHT have done a wonderful job, they can't take the blame for people loosing their jobs and businesses closing, they're our only hope now.

Imagine if we had a huge outbreak of the flu, and luckily we didn't because we have had bad flu seasons in the past.

My parents used to go on weekends away in the past, dad has a good pension fund and they love heading to hotels and restaurants, like myself they used to shoot the breeze.

Mam is nearly 80 now and she's had no cold or been run down in a year, apart from the usual aches and pain from Fibromyalgia , and even that's calmed down for her.
    I don't think she was able for all the coming and going anyway.

They're safe at home now and unfortunately I'm outside the 5k I'm in another county so my sister delivers the groceries etc, they might go for a walk around the block but on a windy day they stay in.

The local teenagers would be vaping cloud's, have you seen the cloud's off those things they're like a gang of mods revving up Vespas.
    Absolutely disgraceful.
    That stuff goes a long way.

I agree. NPHET have really done a wonderful job keeping us safe from all those deadly pathogens out there. I mean, as a parent could you ever let your child go to a concert or a music festival ever again!? Those places are absolute biohazards.... people touching each other and having a great time. A ticking time bomb for new pandemics. Same goes for the pub, soccer matches and any other social gatherings. We can experience it all from the safety of our living rooms and no vulnerable people will ever have to get sick or die again. I propose we shut supermarkets as well, only essential people will deliver shopping and they will have to wear two masks and a medical gown to ensure their own safety when outside.

Same goes for university. Who needs to go to a lecture hall ever again when it can all be done over zoom? All non essential people should re skill in some sort of IT career or get an essential degree in women studies and race relations (all distanced learning of course!)

You see, I think freedom was completely selfish of us. We were destroying our planet slowly and killing grannys almost every day. Can you imagine how many grannies you potentially killed every year by passing on the common cold or the flu? I for one am completely horrified... Tony Holahan is a complete visionary.

If you haven't found love yet well I'm sorry but you'll have to get use to relationships completely over a screen (massive upside to this is you can find love anywhere in the world, and never ever visit there in real life!) Don't ever think of being intimate with another human ever again though. You could catch a deadly disease, it's much too dangerous.

Don't worry though, you'll be completely safe and cocooned! the only time you'll ever have to venture out into that wasteland of pestilence and plague we use to call 'the great outdoors' is to get your bi-monthly shot of whatever vaccine they come up with next. Now what are you doing silly billy?! Love island is on the telly! Here's to our utopian future!

Stay home
    Stop the spread
    Save Lives
    Never hug your loved ones ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

https://twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1364321912382509058

Knew this would happen. The precedent has been set.

The government will be too weak to resist lockdown as the zero Covid nuts start to try to eliminate every single respiratory virus going.

We will all end up living in Pods.

Our only hope is they can't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't even know where I would post this but I'm fed up getting English Covid news on YouTube. I never watched any of them but still have to read the headline and look at the thumbnail.

Like is their algorithms that fúcked up that they think I'm in England or what.

Parachutes wrote: »
    I agree. NPHET have really done a wonderful job keeping us safe from all those deadly pathogens out there. I mean, as a parent could you ever let your child go to a concert or a music festival ever again!? Those places are absolute biohazards.... people touching each other and having a great time. A ticking time bomb for new pandemics. Same goes for the pub, soccer matches and any other social gatherings. We can experience it all from the safety of our living rooms and no vulnerable people will ever have to get sick or die again. I propose we shut supermarkets as well, only essential people will deliver shopping and they will have to wear two masks and a medical gown to ensure their own safety when outside.

Same goes for university. Who needs to go to a lecture hall ever again when it can all be done over zoom? All non essential people should re skill in some sort of IT career or get an essential degree in women studies and race relations (all distanced learning of course!)

You see, I think freedom was completely selfish of us. We were destroying our planet slowly and killing grannys almost every day. Can you imagine how many grannies you potentially killed every year by passing on the common cold or the flu? I for one am completely horrified... Tony Holahan is a complete visionary.

If you haven't found love yet well I'm sorry but you'll have to get use to relationships completely over a screen (massive upside to this is you can find love anywhere in the world, and never ever visit there in real life!) Don't ever think of being intimate with another human ever again though. You could catch a deadly disease, it's much too dangerous.

Don't worry though, you'll be completely safe and cocooned! the only time you'll ever have to venture out into that wasteland of pestilence and plague we use to call 'the great outdoors' is to get your bi-monthly shot of whatever vaccine they come up with next. Now what are you doing silly billy?! Love island is on the telly! Here's to our utopian future!

Stay home
    Stop the spread
    Save Lives
    Never hug your loved ones ever again

I totally understand your post and it's been said here umpteen time's,I was once in denial of covid etc
    But reading here and listening to the news on RTE I soon realized that it was serious.
    And we were living like animals, it was absolutely nuts if I think about it.

I even found out recently that potting compost can be a transmitter of typhoid, I had to get rid of a load of wet bag's of potting compost
    We're better off staying clean and be forever vigilant.

Maybe some day science will catch up with it all and we'll be free from viruses etc

I started reading about mutations and vectors etc, the information out there is vast.
    But then again, surely we need some germs.

I remember my grandmother died of a cold back in St Columbanus old folk's home down the road in Killarney in 1987, Michael Jackson the way you make me feel was in the charts and I was obliterated.
    I couldn't get my head around my grandmother dying of a cold, only a few weeks before she was calling me a rogue.

And all those selfish people wanting to open up, young kids losing grandparents, people unable to see their loved ones take their last breath.

I realize that people didn't intentionally go out to spread covid, but carelessness and lack of respect for the guidelines has caused a lot of damage.

And no way should the government or NEPHT get the blame, they have been telling us for month's to keep our distance, stay safe and keep tuned into the airwaves for updates.

A few more weeks is nothing in the big scheme of things.
    I think I've said enough now on this page.
    And I hope I haven't offended anyone,as it's not bmy intention.

Stay safe and keep the distance until we're all vaccinated and for a year or two it's best to be vigilant until they bury this once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

I totally understand your post and it's been said here umpteen time's,I was once in denial of covid etc
    But reading here and listening to the news on RTE I soon realized that it was serious.
    And we were living like animals, it was absolutely nuts if I think about it.

I even found out recently that potting compost can be a transmitter of typhoid, I had to get rid of a load of wet bag's of potting compost
    We're better off staying clean and be forever vigilant.

Maybe some day science will catch up with it all and we'll be free from viruses etc

I started reading about mutations and vectors etc, the information out there is vast.
    But then again, surely we need some germs.

I remember my grandmother died of a cold back in St Columbanus old folk's home down the road in Killarney in 1987, Michael Jackson the way you make me feel was in the charts and I was obliterated.
    I couldn't get my head around my grandmother dying of a cold, only a few weeks before she was calling me a rogue.

And all those selfish people wanting to open up, young kids losing grandparents, people unable to see their loved ones take their last breath.

I realize that people didn't intentionally go out to spread covid, but carelessness and lack of respect for the guidelines has caused a lot of damage.

And no way should the government or NEPHT get the blame, they have been telling us for month's to keep our distance, stay safe and keep tuned into the airwaves for updates.

A few more weeks is nothing in the big scheme of things.
    I think I've said enough now on this page.
    And I hope I haven't offended anyone,as it's my intention.

Stay safe and keep the distance until we're all vaccinated and for a year or two it's best to be vigilant until they bury this once and for all.

I agree. Frankly, there's no real excuse to leave your pod ever again. Any gatherings are just infection zones for new pandemics. Why stop there? Let's microchip people so the government can track everybody's movements. Anyone outside will be arrested, charged and sent to a re-education camp to learn about the dangers of viruses. No need for cars anymore either as we won't be going anywhere, we'll save the planet!

Similarly the meat industry will need to be wiped out (remember foot and mouth?) the food chain will be drastically reduced to limit impact on the environment and everybody will eat insect bars (mmmm great source of protein!) The politicians, billionaires and global elite will still be able to own cars and eat meat though, naturally. They're so enlightened, woke and know what's best for us. You'll own nothing and be happy.

Can I get a woop-woop for Bill Gates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,280 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is this a bad sign with Israel bringing back curfew, transmission rate is rising, https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-backs-nighttime-curfew-over-purim-beginning-at-830-p-m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Chomper.

Seems to be air of doom and gloom back among the public

It's like people recovered from a knockdown with the UK good news yesterday

Only to be knocked down again today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Parachutes wrote: »
    I agree. Frankly, there's no real excuse to leave your pod ever again. Any gatherings are just infection zones for new pandemics. Why stop there? Let's microchip people so the government can track everybody's movements. Anyone outside will be arrested, charged and sent to a re-education camp to learn about the dangers of viruses. No need for cars anymore either as we won't be going anywhere, we'll save the planet!

Similarly the meat industry will need to be wiped out (remember foot and mouth?) the food chain will be drastically reduced to limit impact on the environment and everybody will eat insect bars (mmmm great source of protein!) The politicians, billionaires and global elite will still be able to own cars and eat meat though, naturally. They're so enlightened, woke and know what's best for us. You'll own nothing and be happy.

Can I get a woop-woop for Bill Gates?
    The big danger is not Covid but rather the ending of Covid and ease at which people will return to their sinful ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Chomper. wrote: »
    Seems to be air of doom and gloom back among the public

It's like people recovered from a knockdown with the UK good news yesterday

Only to be knocked down again today

There is real fatigue kicking in now.
    People had so much hope for a better 2021 and it looks like it could be mostly a write off, if we aren't fully open come the summer weather.

April 5 is the point of no return. People won't stand for more level 5 after that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

We'll have restrictions until the end of the decade. The government parties want. The current opposition wants it. The NGOs want it. The media want it. Big Tech supports it.
    The electorate wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,598 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

NIMAN wrote: »
    There is real fatigue kicking in now.
    People had so much hope for a better 2021 and it looks like it could be mostly a write off, if we aren't fully open come the summer weather.

April 5 is the point of no return. People won't stand for more level 5 after that point.

I hope your right but what can be done really in that regard ? Protests would be looked down upon because of the usual headers that will turn up and ruin it.

The financial supports are in place till the end of June with extensions given out like hot cakes

very sad reality is nothing can be done about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

https://twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1364321912382509058

Knew this would happen. The precedent has been set.

The government will be too weak to resist lockdown as the zero Covid nuts start to try to eliminate every single respiratory virus going.

We will all end up living in Pods.

Our only hope is they can't find it.

If they try a lockdown this winter they can duck right off. This one now is their last as far as myself and many others will comply with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement