Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Andrew33 wrote: »
    So what happens if 90-95% of the population take this “vaccine” and the WHO tells us next year we have to take ANOTHER vaccine for a different strain?
    Sounds like a win win for Pharma
    This is complete BULLSH1T, we are actually weakening the human race. Eventually a common cold (similar virus I think) will wipe us out. We need to INCREASE our exposure to viruses and pathogens. Not try defeat them. Yes, people will die but we die all the time. There’s no cure for it, just a delaying process.

The idea that Pharma are in this for the good of the people is ...... They would be devastated if a therapuetic cure for Covid was developed. There WILL BE NO CURE for Covid as long as vaccines are a billion dollar business. They will not allow it! Any alternatives like ivermectin etc do not stand a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Andrew33 wrote: »
    So what happens if 90-95% of the population take this “vaccine” and the WHO tells us next year we have to take ANOTHER vaccine for a different strain?
    Sounds like a win win for Pharma
    This is complete BULLSH1T, we are actually weakening the human race. Eventually a common cold (similar virus I think) will wipe us out. We need to INCREASE our exposure to viruses and pathogens. Not try defeat them. Yes, people will die but we die all the time. There’s no cure for it, just a delaying process.
    What a load of absolute nonsense.
    Vaccine in quotes FFS...I am half waiting for the sheeple and scamdemic posts.

We should all embrace death, why not forget about every vaccine in that case, let's bring polio back while we are at it, and every other disease, sure we are just delaying our inevitable deaths...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,280 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

snowcat wrote: »
    Yes but some people are asymptiomatic. How many coughing people have you seen in the last year? No one coughs anymore

Loads of people cough rhinoviruses are rampant, I meet the public every day, coughs haven't gone away, neither have runny noses.
    Asymptomatic is not a thing, they're not worth holding the country to ransom over, you quarantine sick people nobody else. This is the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Loads of people cough rhinoviruses are rampant, I meet the public every day, coughs haven't gone away, neither have runny noses.
    Asymptomatic is not a thing, they're not worth holding the country to ransom over, you quarantine sick people nobody else. This is the way.
    "Asymptomatic is not a thing"??!?...that's where we are at now...laughable.
    Tops it off with a mandalorian quote....lol

Probes wrote: »
    We don’t know if we’ll need boosters.

Of course we'll need boosters, they're hardly going to eradicate a trillion dollar industry, and replace it with just one injection.

• Advertisement

The doctors told us they have! They said there is only one virus in town. So who is telling the truth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

gmisk wrote: »
    What a load of absolute nonsense.
    Vaccine in quotes FFS...I am half waiting for the sheeple and scamdemic posts.

We should all embrace death, why not forget about every vaccine in that case, let's bring polio back while we are at it, and every other disease, sure we are just delaying our inevitable deaths...

Plandemic you mean

gmisk wrote: »
    "Asymptomatic is not a thing"??!?...that's where we are at now...laughable.
    Tops it off with a mandalorian quote....lol

Asymptomatic is a person without symptoms. If you continue to live assuming healthy people have the virus you've no way out, you'll have to distance, wear a mask and avoid crowds for the rest of your life.
    We've been told repeatedly to chase the sick people and not to restrict the healthy.

The doctors told us they have! They said there is only one virus in town. So who is telling the truth?

Who told you that Dr Hibbert?

Who told you that Dr Hibbert?
    Itsaduck1 wrote: »
    Wife is waiting on test results today, has all the symptoms, no smell, taste, small cough

Our GP said its more than likely Covid as no flu or colds around and most are testing positive from her referrals

Been reading up on Covid and asking questions last few days and how can the GP come to that conclusion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭unregd147

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I wonder what we will be arguing, on the internet, about when all this is finally over

About how ridiculous the worlds reaction was to this entire s*it show.

Might be Covid might not be, I'd get a new doctor if he hasn't seen rhona this year..

Signs and symptoms of rhinovirus infection

Nasal dryness or irritation - May be first symptom.
    Sore throat or throat irritation – Common and bothersome initial symptom.
    Nasal discharge, nasal congestion, and sneezing – Intensify over 2-3 days.
    Headache.
    Facial and ear pressure.
    Loss of sense of smell and taste

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/influenza/seasonalinfluenza/surveillance/influenzasurveillancereports/20202021season/Influenza_Surveillance_Report_Week%207%202021_final.pdf

Stop paying doctors for sending people to pcr tests and see what happens to the numbers.

Probes wrote: »
    Generally science has been all about delaying death. I just don’t get this argument at all.

Also, no one knows what will happen in the future. We don’t know if we’ll need boosters.

Boosters incoming, Pfizer confident we'll need them, https://m.jpost.com/health-science/pfizer-biontech-testing-booster-of-their-covid-19-vaccine-in-new-trial-660186

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Vacccination is a pipe dream. See Israel with 70% of their populaion vaccinated 3500 cases today and 25 deaths. We might be there in Sept 2021. This is here for ever

Depends on what you expect to happen. I get the impression some people think covid will be eradicated or existing covid cases will go away overnight. Neither is realistic.

Realistically, we need to vaccinate as many people as possible and there will still be transmissions. It will take time to get transmissions down to low levels.

I think some people have totally unrealistic expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

I predict May 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭blackvalley

It's 32% fully vaccinated, had to dig through the numbers to find that nugget. It explains why they're still having trouble, hence free beers and scare stories in the headlines there. HSE will have a struggle getting to the 80%, Luke O'Neill isn't helping with vaccine news every day, I was probably going to take the oxford or johnson one but he said today there's an ever better one here in 6mts that protects from all coronaviruses, probably hang on for that one now.

SO Let me get this straight. Luke OnEill is wrong for being too positive and Sam McConkey is wrong for being too negative.
    Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

To be fair to him, the Junior Cert can be quite stressful.

You mean the post primary entrance exam .

The only hysterics are from nphet the media and the government. They have lost the plot lost the public and the writing is on the wall.

Nope. Completely wrong as you personally will be finding out very soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Nope. Completely wrong as you personally will be finding out very soon.

What does that mean Toby..eh sorry..Kunta..? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,609 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Imagine all the closed businesses going rogue opening and people support them

Have an image MM/Leo/Dr Tony and NPHET on the streets screaming 'no don't go in there, go home we can defeat the virus that way, go home' akin to 0.50 in that south park clip

• Advertisement

What does that mean Toby..eh sorry..Kunta..? :-)

Toubab fa!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I doubt anyone will have the will to sustain lockdowns beyond this time next year.

And we wouldn't be able to anyway socially or financially.

Whatever happens with the vaccine ...or new variants ...however protective the vaccine is or isn't....i dont see people be willing to have another winter of lockdown.

I certainly wouldn't be willing to go into 2022 like this or anything remotely like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

I doubt anyone will have the will to sustain lockdowns beyond this time next year.

And we wouldn't be able to anyway socially or financially.

Whatever happens with the vaccine ...or new variants ...however protective the vaccine is or isn't....i dont see people be willing to have another winter of lockdown.

I certainly wouldn't be willing to go into 2022 like this or anything remotely like this.

Agreed. The governemnt have people's buy in for now but it is starting to wane. If we don't see slow easing of restrictions over the coming months I can see the whole thing collapsing.

Government is falling to pieces aswell. FG outing FF, now ya have FF tds outing MM. Before we no out Herr Tony Hoolahan will stage a coup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Problem is no one in government has the balls to take on holohan and his crew. They are on 6 figure salarys and couldn't give 2 fcuks abt this not continuing while they milk their moment in the spotlight. They could drag this on for months with such a spineless government and no relevant opposition in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

johnire wrote: »
    I'd like to see you saying that to the parents of the 16 year old.

Hyperbolic phrasing has no place in a rationale discussion on this topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

Depends on what you expect to happen. I get the impression some people think covid will be eradicated or existing covid cases will go away overnight. Neither is realistic.

Realistically, we need to vaccinate as many people as possible and there will still be transmissions. It will take time to get transmissions down to low levels.

I think some people have totally unrealistic expectations.

Exactly. People will still need to get treatment and die with and from covid even once the so called vaccines are given to the elderly and vulnerable. The unrealistic expectations are that social and economic restrictions should persist indefinitely just because there is another respiratory virus which can be harmful to some people, while there are vaccines which are projected to reduce deaths by 95% from just vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable.

Let me just quote Leo Varadker from the other day again;
    If we vaccinate everyone over 60 and everyone under 60 with a chronic condition, that’s actually 98 per cent of the job in terms of deaths and hospitalisations.

That's good enough to just get rid of restrictions and get fully back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

"I for one welcome my FFG overlords. Thank you for letting me travel within an arbitrary distance of my home, I am forever grateful for my business being shut down, and the deterioration of my mental and physical health in return for €350/week."

I think it is how most people feel. Someone feels even worse than this.
    When (when?) the pandemic is over and the economy starts to ramp up, there will be lots of work on people who will have to recover from the dark pit where they have fallen into.

ingo1984 wrote: »
    Government is falling to pieces aswell. FG outing FF, now ya have FF tds outing MM. Before we no out Herr Tony Hoolahan will stage a coup.

Who is outing who?

Exactly. People will still need to get treatment and die with and from covid even once the so called vaccines are given to the elderly and vulnerable. The unrealistic expectations are that social and economic restrictions should persist indefinitely just because there is another respiratory virus which can be harmful to some people, while there are vaccines which are projected to reduce deaths by 95% from just vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable.

Let me just quote Leo Varadker from the other day again;

That's good enough to just get rid of restrictions and get fully back to normal.
    I think you mossed the point of my post. But that’s ok.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Problem is no one in government has the balls to take on holohan and his crew. They are on 6 figure salarys and couldn't give 2 fcuks abt this not continuing while they milk their moment in the spotlight. They could drag this on for months with such a spineless government and no relevant opposition in place

They have to go..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement