Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

~70 people under 55 have died with Covid in the last year.
    117 people 55-65 have died with Covid in the last year.

Hurry the **** up, get over 65s then over 55s vaccinated and open up.

Over 200 GPs are complaining that they haven't received their batch of the vaccines to start vaccinating the over 85s yet.

When does the HSE finally get taken to task for their constant incompetence?

You would figure that after the protest in Dublin and the campus street party last weekend that the Govt and HSE would cop on and realize that people are beyond fed up of this and are moving on whether they like it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

If this government has shown anything, it is that they don't do anything.

No plans, no ideas, no improvements, no suggestions, nothing. They have sat on their hands and buried their heads in the sand when even just a small amount of proactivity could have helped a lot of people.

Talking to their closest neighbour and developing some simple coping strategies wouldn't even be a massive challenge politically and they couldn't manage even that.

They are utterly useless.

That’s just a silly statement. I don’t plan to defend government for doing a brilliant job, but to stay they have done nothing is silly. They kept things open at the start, and closed things down when they had to. They brought in a furlough system to pay people and support businesses. They opened up again in the summer, closed down again when things got bad again. They tried to allow some normality for Christmas because people said they really wanted that. Then they closed down again when things got out and hand again.

Now they’re rolling out all the vaccines they get and will begin reopening next month.

It might be fair to say they didn’t do anything unique compared to other countries. Our infection rates per population and deaths per population rates are lower than other countries which reflects the fact that Ireland was locked down more effectively than comparable countries.

You can argue about the things the Irish government did, but I don’t think you could make the case that they did nothing.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Over 200 GPs are complaining that they haven't received their batch of the vaccines to start vaccinating the over 85s yet.

When does the HSE finally get taken to task for their constant incompetence?

You would figure that after the protest in Dublin and the campus street party last weekend that the Govt and HSE would cop on and realize that people are beyond fed up of this and are moving on whether they like it or not.

Does the HSE have the vaccines and they’re not distributing them properly or wasting them? Or are they distributing all the vaccines they get?

Does the HSE have the vaccines and they’re not distributing them properly or wasting them? Or are they distributing all the vaccines they get?

God only knows with these idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Talking to their closest neighbour and developing some simple coping strategies wouldn't even be a massive challenge politically and they couldn't manage even that.
    I sometimes wonder do people here read the news at all? (from any news source!)

• Advertisement

How do we know they’re idiots if we can’t tell the difference between them ballsing it up and them effectively distributing the vaccines they have?

How do we know they’re idiots if we can’t tell the difference between them ballsing it up and them effectively distributing the vaccines they have?

HSE gone from scandal to scandal to scandal. They're Idiots. Incompetence should be unacceptable with this. The media love calling anybody not following these restrictions to the letter "Granny Killers". Maybe that term should be reflected back at the HSE. Lord knows their incompetence will kill more people than John or Jane Doe not wearing a mask 24/7 or going an inch over 5kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

So you have no idea but just decided to have an auld rant for the sake of it anyway? Surprise surprise.........not.:rolleyes:

So you have no idea but just decided to have an auld rant for the sake of it anyway? Surprise surprise.........not.:rolleyes:

And I should care about what you think....why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

~70 people under 55 have died with Covid in the last year.
    117 people 55-65 have died with Covid in the last year.

Hurry the **** up, get over 65s then over 55s vaccinated and open up.

172 people too many, just so you can have a pint. And long covid too.

Hurr durr rabble rabble.

Context is the word totally lost on anti-relaxxers and covid doomers. Don't even try to highlight that mental health is a far, far greater worry for the U55s than covid.

• Advertisement

172 people too many, just so you can have a pint. And long covid too.

Hurr durr rabble rabble.

Context is the word totally lost on anti-relaxxers and covid doomers. Don't even try to highlight that mental health is a far, far greater worry for the U55s than covid.

Anti-relaxers. Haha. Touche.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

History......and form...............

Scotty # wrote: »
    How many have been hospitalised?

10 billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

And I should care about what you think....why?

So no evidence for your anti HSE rant, just a jibe. Why am I not surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

HSE gone from scandal to scandal to scandal. They're Idiots. Incompetence should be unacceptable with this. The media love calling anybody not following these restrictions to the letter "Granny Killers". Maybe that term should be reflected back at the HSE. Lord knows their incompetence will kill more people than John or Jane Doe not wearing a mask 24/7 or going an inch over 5kms.

If you have ever had an elderly relative in A&E in a public hospital you will know how incompetent the HSE are. Literally 3rd world conditions.

The entire senior management of the HSE needs to be replaced.

10 billion.

Wow !!

On a serious note it's pretty irrelevant - the only thing to look at deaths and people admitted to ICU. We can all agree that ICU admission and deaths are serious. Hospitalisations means little - some people end up casualty when all they need is a parcetamol and a couple of nights sleep so it's hardly an accurate measure. If they get admitted for a night for observation they count towards the hospitalised figure but it means little in terms of measuring the severity of this disease. Person A self treats, Person B goes to hospital - it's a personality thing. My sister in law for example ends up in hospital 10-12 times a years with herself and kids over anything from a small cut to a bump on the head - why to be safe to be safe to be safe.....I would have to be half dead and losing consciousness to go near a hospital......not saying either perspective is absolutely right but there is a huge variation in what people deem to be 'sick enough' to go to hospital and in this day and age hospitals are loath just to tell people they are probably okay and to head home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

10 billion.
    Ahh, the usual "I've nothing bright to say so I'll just post brainless nonsense". Why bother?

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    On a serious note it's pretty irrelevant...
    but it means little in terms of measuring the severity of this disease....

lol... it's relevant if you want to know how many hospitalisations there were. No? I wasn't asking in relation to the severity of the disease.

The UK roadmap's estimation is a 75% drop in Covid cases going forward. We've had 230,000 positive cases and I was wondering if brains above had the total hospitalisation figures seeing as he had the death figures. That's all.

Scotty # wrote: »
    Ahh, the usual "I've nothing bright to say so I'll just post brainless nonsense". Why bother?

Nah, any number will be too many for some people.

Looks like about 5% of cases result in hospitalisation, gonna go out on a limb and guess that the vast majority of hospitalisations are also of the elderly. Some solid numbers broken down by age would lovely but I don't think 10s of thousands of healthy 30 year have been hospitalised.

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    History......and form...............

Maybe. I would wait to see if they had supply and didn't distribute it or if they distributed the supply they had. It's probably better than jumping to the conclusion that they ballsed it up.

So no evidence for your anti HSE rant, just a jibe. Why am I not surprised?

I was listening to it on my radio's news updates. I don't give a damn if you don't believe me.

• Advertisement

If you have ever had an elderly relative in A&E in a public hospital you will know how incompetent the HSE are. Literally 3rd world conditions.

The entire senior management of the HSE needs to be replaced.

My 82 year old Mother has been in and out of the hospital for the last few years. I am sadly well aware of their negligence and incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

When will it all end?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/state-s-high-debt-levels-leave-it-exposed-to-rising-interest-rates-donohoe-warns-1.4501394?mode=amp

One side of the mouth of the government makes no plan and communicates no indication as to when the end of restrictions is happening or what the end might look like. At the same time, the other side of the mouth mentions the financial cost and how it might not be sustainable for the State to keep paying businesses not to trade and employees to sit on their arses.

State supports cannot be unwound fully until all restrictions are eased, it just will not be workable to tell certain businesses to trade with limited capacity (eg bars with social distancing) while at the same time telling those businesses that supports are being unwound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Why isn't there any main stream opposition to the level of restrictions?

Surely by now outdoor sport and outdoor cafes should be open.

Kids can't even do football training? Come on, let's get things moving for jasus sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Kids can't even do football training? Come on, let's get things moving for jasus sake.

Anyone that wants restrictions eased is accused of only wanting a pint and a desire to kill someone's granny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Anyone that wants restrictions eased is accused of only wanting a pint and a desire to kill someone's granny.

You forgot “probably has ties to the far right.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I think...I mean I hope we are at peak hysteria, I don't know how they can keep up the fear for another month let alone another 3 it's beyond obvious to a large cohort that what we are doing now is just madness....mind you I thought that last June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I think...I mean I hope we are at peak hysteria, I don't know how they can keep up the fear for another month let alone another 3 it's beyond obvious to a large cohort that what we are doing now is just madness....mind you I thought that last June!

I switched to Newstalk on the way home from work last night, it was a repeat of Pat Kenny. Now that was a lesson in hysteria. That is what is in the airwaves every single day. RTE had an article highlighting the number of children who contracted Covid as their lead story on their Newsapp on Monday. The same day many children went back to school. The media is driving the fear .

Like that 'peak hysteria'.......

Unfortunately if Holohan and the rest keep going the peak won't be Alpine and more like Lugnaquilla.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Or is anti vax etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Because according the media that makes you a 'thug' and a 'conspiracy theorist'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement