Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Scotty # wrote: »
    We've been through this.... 'interim study' and 'proven' are not the same thing. Not even nearly the same thing.

No because it doesn’t suit your narrative. The data is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Micky 32 wrote: »
    More lies. If you were you wouldn’t be posting the Shyte you’re posting.

Will you choose to ignore the posts about the oxford vaccine above?

Very much unlike you... I've only posted facts.

You posted facts the way you wanted to see them. You were caught out.

You posted facts the way you wanted to see them. You were caught out.
    Next you'll be calling them alternative facts.

Are you saying prof Mary Horgan are fiddling the facts? Or is it you choose not to believe or ignore her because it doesn’t suit your narrative? Which is it? Proof is in the pudding. With all the bolloxogy on this thread i actually forgot to answer the question of the thread, I hate to tell you but the end is in sight and in the grand scheme of things it will be soon.

• Advertisement

Are you saying prof Mary Horgan are fiddling the facts? Or is it you choose not to believe or ignore her because it doesn’t suit your narrative? Which is it? I hate to tell you but the end is in sight and in the grand scheme of things it will be soon.
    I have no narrative. I've made a simple request, to show me data showing the vaccinations have had a significant impact on the numbers. You're the one proclaiming that the proof is there but you seem to be unable to show it. I'm not anti vax or pro lockdown. I'd like to believe that we'll be back to normal soon as you do. I just can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,732 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Hope this doesn’t burst any bubbles on here

In fairness, you have been posting the same type of stuff for about a year now.
    It’s good to see the doom and gloom brigade still on the thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113339973&postcount=8872
    Yes that’s correct. The doom and gloomists will see it completely different for sure. Would you have been happier if today’s figures were the same as yesterday’s?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113138375&postcount=1968

Doom and gloom merchants, bursting bubbles, misery merchants...etc.. rinse, repeat.

I have no narrative. I've made a simple request, to show me data showing the vaccinations have had a significant impact on the numbers. You're the one proclaiming that the proof is there but you seem to be unable to show it. I'm not anti vax or pro lockdown. I'd like to believe that we'll be back to normal soon as you do. I just can't see it.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/12/10/1013914/pfizer-biontech-vaccine-chart-covid-19/

I could post graphs all day if i wanted to, they are out there. Did you ignore what i posted about the HCW’s? The vaccines work. Studies, trials all prove it. You are choosing to ignore the facts. A random internet poster vs real life studies and trials and mounting evidence from our own HCW’s etc? Give over. Real life proof is emerging every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

Are you saying prof Mary Horgan are fiddling the facts? Or is it you choose not to believe or ignore her because it doesn’t suit your narrative? Which is it? Proof is in the pudding. With all the bolloxogy on this thread i actually forgot to answer the question of the thread, I hate to tell you but the end is in sight and in the grand scheme of things it will be soon.

As our current vaccines are a two dose requirement and after a little more than two months we have just reached 500,000 doses, so 250,000 people, we are far from nearing the end, at this rate we will fully vaccinate circa 1.25 million people a year.

• Advertisement

You've now resorted to posting tweets from unaccredited nobody's posting unsourced claims on vaccine study's. Is this an attempt to help you case?

You've now resorted to posting tweets from unaccredited nobody's posting unsourced claims on vaccine study's. Is this an attempt to help you case?

No because you’re an anti vaxxer who chooses to ignore and dismiss something you don’t like. I’ll remind you of your misleading post last night? It was pointed out to you with evidence of the vaccines working. Do you want me to quote it again?

corkonion wrote: »
    As our current vaccines are a two dose requirement and after a little more than two months we have just reached 500,000 doses, so 250,000 people, we are far from nearing the end, at this rate we will fully vaccinate circa 1.25 million people a year.

You do realise the vaccine program will significantly ramp up in the coming months? We could reach a million a month vaccinations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

No because you’re an anti vaxxer who chooses to ignore and dismiss something you don’t like. I’ll remind you of your misleading post last night? It was pointed out to you with evidence of the vaccines working. Do you want me to quote it again?

Why waste your time? Clearly the person you are responding to has an agenda and anything you post or link no matter the source will be dismissed. Just ignore them , as they aren't worth the effort.

markodaly wrote: »
    In fairness, you have been posting the same type of stuff for about a year now.

So what? Some of your posts are nothing to be proud of. WUM kinda stuff is all you post nothing constructive from what i can see.

Why waste your time? Clearly the person you are responding to has an agenda and anything you post or link no matter the source will be dismissed. Just ignore them , as they aren't worth the effort.

Yes you are right. On the ignore list.

Good to see this, just that little nudge towards the end of this sh** show:

https://twitter.com/laurahogantv/status/1368166616488435713?s=21

No because you’re an anti vaxxer who chooses to ignore and dismiss something you don’t like.
    Ah Micky, I'm simply asking you to show me why you're so convinced the vaccines are the silver bullet you think they are. Nothing more. You can't do it so I'll bow out of the thread here. I honestly hope you are right and I'm wrong. Honestly.

And on the anti vax thing...

1615035029835.jpg

Ah Micky, I'm simply asking you to show me why you're so convinced the vaccines are the silver bullet you think they are. Nothing more. You can't do it so I'll bow out of the thread here. I honestly hope you are right and I'm wrong. Honestly.

And on the anti vax thing...

1615035029835.jpg

Posting a photo with no proof of where it came from? :p. Seriously though if you had the vaccine fair play to you..

I have done a lot of research on the vaccines. They won’t eradicate the virus in the short term and maybe with us for eternity but I’m confident the vaccines will get our lives back on track. Pandemics don’t last forever they are short lived even without a vaccine. The vaccine will speed that immunity process up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭growleaves

Posting a photo with no proof of where it came from? :p. Seriously though if you had the vaccine fair play to you..

I have done a lot of research on the vaccines. They won’t eradicate the virus in the short term and maybe with us for eternity but I’m confident the vaccines will get our lives back on track. Pandemics don’t last forever they are short lived even without a vaccine. The vaccine will speed that immunity process up.

Yes, except the restrictions did not impose themselves nor were they imposed by 'the virus'.

Despite that people talk as if it were an objective matter, we were put into lockdown by people and can only be taken out by people.

When someone starts up with "The vaccine isn't a silver bullet, guys" that is already an indication that there are people who aim to continue the restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

That's a bit rich coming from someone who walks around all day assuming their sick because the man on the telly said so.

Bullshít as always..but entertaining:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

growleaves wrote: »
    When someone starts up with "The vaccine isn't a silver bullet, guys" that is already an indication that there are people who aim to continue the restrictions.

There are people who are uncertain whether some restrictions will still be required.
    In no sense is that their aim.

But in reality the vaccines have worked out extremely well, apart from Astrazeneca telling lies about their deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Forget what has happened to date but anyone who says we should be keeping any legal restrictions in place (health advice can be doled out) after vaccinations is just off the wall, in fact utterly insane considering the damage being done by lockdown and restrictions.

Once the vaccines are complete we have done our best and we get on with things, we can't go on like this and it has turned so many people into neurotic hypochondriacs scared of their own shadow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm sick and tired this week of Stephen Donnelly harping on all the time about delays in Astra Zeneca vaccine and blaming the slow rollout of vaccine on this.

HELLO STEPHEN fact check for you we are not using that vaccine for anyone over 70 so no that doesn't explain absolute incompetence of HSE in still not having over 85's vaccanted never mind over 70's.

Its all bull**** and no one in media is calling him out on it and it's doing my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

appledrop wrote: »
    I'm sick and tired this week of Stephen Donnelly harping on all the time about delays in Astra Zeneca vaccine and blaming the slow rollout of vaccine on this.

HELLO STEPHEN fact check for you we are not using that vaccine for anyone over 70 so no that doesn't explain absolute incompetence of HSE in still not having over 85's vaccanted never mind over 70's.

Its all bull**** and no one in media is calling him out on it and it's doing my head in!

Agree but the 'supply' excuse is an easy fallback.

Reality is the Irish government wanted to look good in front of the EU and play the we trust the EU card (especially in light of Brexit) and the EU have made a total and utter horlicks outta it....and Donnelly at al bury their heads and know they have the perfect excuse now to fallback on.....

If they gave one single sh1t about the myriad of people whose lives financially, mentally and emotionally have been destroyed by their lockdown restrictions they would have moved heaven and earth to buy vaccines outside of the EU agreement just like many other EU countries have. Any money they would have had to pay over the odds would have been far outweighed by the savings getting things open faster.....but they don't give a sh1te and every month their salary falls into their account and life goes on in their insulated little bubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone wanna give a guess on pubs reopen? will they do it at same time as hotels so there plenty of choice and spread people out even at 50% capacity until full vaccine rollout? also seems an awful fear or dismissal of the likes of nightclubs opening? cant see why if were at a point where gyms , leisure centres, cinemas are open by then whats to fear in nightclubs if pubs are also open? surely risk of people that attend will be very small/miniscule 17-35 years old are very low risk. seems like pure dismissal of them opening. cant see an arguement against once june/july comes and thinking all else is open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anyone wanna give a guess on pubs reopen? will they do it at same time as hotels so there plenty of choice and spread people out even at 50% capacity until full vaccine rollout? also seems an awful fear or dismissal of the likes of nightclubs opening? cant see why if were at a point where gyms , leisure centres, cinemas are open by then whats to fear in nightclubs if pubs are also open? surely risk of people that attend will be very small/miniscule 17-35 years old are very low risk. seems like pure dismissal of them opening. cant see an arguement against once june/july comes and thinking all else is open

Cant see wet pubs opening even with reduced capacity before Sept and probably shut for December as the variant will be vaccine immune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

You do realise the vaccine program will significantly ramp up in the coming months? We could reach a million a month vaccinations.

Where did you get a million a month from? Who said they could get to a million a month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Dickie10 wrote: »

You can’t see a difference between a gym and a nightclub in terms of virus transmission? Seriously, or was that just a brain-fart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭HBC08

corkonion wrote: »

Yes,except we won't be going at this rate will we?
    You think we'll be vaccinating the same numbers in April and May we were doing in January?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement