Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Where did you get a million a month from? Who said they could get to a million a month?

Old news…are you not able to keep up? With all your waffling i thought you’d at least know this.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-donnelly-hoping-to-reach-250-000-vaccinations-a-week-as-programme-ramps-up-1.4485177%3fmode=amp

RGS wrote: »
    Cant see wet pubs opening even with reduced capacity before Sept and probably shut for December as the variant will be vaccine immune.

:rolleyes: great to see the boards variant experts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Chawosfski

Where did you get a million a month from? Who said they could get to a million a month?

He said "you do realise"

It's definitely a fact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Micky 32 wrote: »

it's amazing all the posters you see rubbishing the vaccines efficacy and the planned rollout seem to be the most ill informed about the whole situation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

RGS wrote: »
    Cant see wet pubs opening even with reduced capacity before Sept and probably shut for December as the variant will be vaccine immune.

And which variant is that exactly? One that's not yet been discovered? Sure why don't we just lock down forever just in case? Or while we're at it why don't we all jump off a bridge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

I'm no expert but can imagine the idiotic waffle that will come from MM and Leo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah fair enough. Thanks for sharing.

It’s an ambitious target. Interesting to see if they ever reach it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,732 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So what? Some of your posts are nothing to be proud of. WUM kinda stuff is all you post nothing constructive from what i can see.

As opposed to starting and ending most posts with 'misery merchants'?

I see stats and facts are now interchangeable when it suits.

Are you willing to admit you were wrong in terms of the public mood of the lockdown?

markodaly wrote: »
    As opposed to starting and ending most posts with 'misery merchants'?

I see stats and facts are now interchangeable when it suits.

Are you willing to admit you were wrong in terms of the public mood of the lockdown?

Well it’s easy to predict the posters who will get defensive if the words ‘misery merchants’is ever mentioned. Quite predictable ;)

Lol admit to what? I’m not wrong at all and stand by it. It’s just you live in your one dimensional deluded world it seems and believe any poll that’s published. Real life in my experience makes your poll quite flawed.

You’ll find that ‘most’ of my posts don’t begin and end with ‘misery merchants’, unlike your exaggerated “ a few weeks” seem to be your favourite qoute.

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭jackryan34

No because you’re an anti vaxxer who chooses to ignore and dismiss something you don’t like. I’ll remind you of your misleading post last night? It was pointed out to you with evidence of the vaccines working. Do you want me to quote it again?

Working requires time to prove

Being honest you also need cases to prove it works

After vaccination you only have antibodies for the spike protein, no vaccine targets the whole virus right now, they will later on in 2nd or 3rd gen vaccines, people who have survived an actual infection have antibodies that cover much more parts of the virus than just the spike protein.

If the spike protein mutates enough to evade vaccines or another entry via other proteins, people who natural immunity to the full virus, will be immune to many variants

Think of it in terms of donating plasma to a sick covid patient like a relative

You've got the vaccine and months later have loads of antibodies, you would think I can help my relative with my plasma and those antibodies but you can't give plasma to your relative, there is so much more to fighting an infection than just antibodies

That's why the term silver bullet is being used now

Its a complex problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Of course they will get to a million a month, the question is can they reach 1.2 or 1.3 million. They did most of million flu vaccines last November.

https://twitter.com/michealmartintd/status/1368192267257778190?s=21

“Good news. The vaccines are having a significant impact on mortality and serious illness.”

The begining of the end.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Of course they will get to a million a month, the question is can they reach 1.2 or 1.3 million. They did most of million flu vaccines last November.

No they didn't. 1 million winter flu vaccines were administered between September and November, And that's a vaccine that didn't need any special handling. And there's doubts over that 1m number

“Good news. The vaccines are having a significant impact on mortality and serious illness.”

Any evidence in Ireland to support that claim?

jackryan34 wrote: »

Nothing published yet, i’m sure the evidence will emerge soon. You’re hardly suggesting MM, prof Horgan, NEPHET, HSE and the likes are all making this up are you? They obviously have some info on this. I better listen to you because you’re an insignificant random internet poster who just ‘joined up’. :rolleyes:

I think there are more variants on this forum than any virus can mutate into :pac:

They don’t announce these things unless there’s something in it. If they are lying my advice to you is to fill out the government complaints card and send it in.

There’s something going on, it’s being widely talked about.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/health/vaccine-starting-to-make-an-impact-as-very-severe-drop-in-covid-19-cases-linked-to-nursing-homes-reported-last-week-40132066.html

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN2AP2NO

Once again, when will it all end? Soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Plenty of evidence in the UK and Israel are working very well and the HSE saying it now too.....actual data evidence takes a while to compile but it doesn't take a massive leap of logic to use the UK and Israeli data to support things.

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    Plenty of evidence in the UK and Israel are working very well and the HSE saying it now too.....actual data evidence takes a while to compile but it doesn't take a massive leap of logic to use the UK and Israeli data to support things.

As another poster mentioned you’re wasting your time. Some will argue that black is white just to try and make themselves relevent or whatever their agendas are. From what i’m seeing there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind ( and i’m a sceptical person)and from my own research and interest in the subject the vaccines do work. That’s good enough for me and this is without doubt the begining of the end. Life will find it’s way back.

As another poster mentioned you’re wasting your time. Some will argue that black is white just to try and make themselves relevent or whatever their agendas are. From what i’m seeing there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind ( and i’m a sceptical person)and from my own research and interest the vaccines do work. That’s good enough for me and this is without doubt the begining of the end. Life will find it’s way back.

Fair point, I just can't understand the glass half empty approach in relation to vaccines. Like you I have checked out out data coming from Israel and the UK and it is incredibly positive.

This is good news folks and a clear start of the end of restrictions. Can't help but feel there are two groups of people now supporting any type of restrictions once a certain vaccination point has been reached, those being neurotic hypochondriacs (who I have sympathy for as the government has scared the bejaysus out of people) and the more disturbing brigade who because they are okay are reveling in the misery out there.......kinda person who feels better because they are in a better situation than those around them......

Bizarre world.

:pac:
    Fair point, I just can't understand the glass half empty approach in relation to vaccines. Like you I have checked out out data coming from Israel and the UK and it is incredibly positive.

This is good news folks and a clear start of the end of restrictions. Can't help but feel there are two groups of people now supporting any type of restrictions once a certain vaccination point has been reached, those being neurotic hypochondriacs (who I have sympathy for as the government has scared the bejaysus out of people) and the more disturbing brigade who because they are okay are reveling in the misery out there.......kinda person who feels better because they are in a better situation than those around them......

Bizarre world.

I have found that die hard treehuggers would love the restrictions to carry on indefinately because they think the lockdowns are saving the world especially with less travel etc. You should see the morons patting covid on the back (“ Well done Covid 19”) on social media platforms like Facebook etc it’s pathetic . Maybe they should think about the people who have died worlwide because of this pandemic before they pat covid on the back.

It’s not my scene but some people It seems have issues watching lads going off to ‘Lanza’ for a piss up for some reason. It could be because they weren’t invited though:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Bizarre world.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.........sad and weird individuals who want to drag everyone down into their depths of misery.

I have found that die hard treehuggers would love the restrictions to carry on indefinately because they think the lockdowns are saving the world especially with less travel etc. You should see the morons patting covid on the back on social media platforms like Facebook etc it’s pathetic . Maybe they should think about the people who have died worlwide because of this pandemic.

Wow my brain hadn't even stooped to comprehend the nastiness of that lot......suppose history should teach us all that people can just be evil.

Won't be going near their sordid little minds.......thanks for the heads up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

The anti Lanzarote and Canary Islands slant from the land of a thousand welcomes is utterly baffling. It’s become a by word for some sort of weird anti travel group that’s emerged in the country. Utterly ridiculous. By the way Lanzarote is a beautiful island great weather great cycling great swimming great walking great value for money. Can’t wait to go back out there and get away from this bull****. By the way the biggest piss ups I’ve seen on holidays have been the odd time I’ve had some form of “staycation”. Horrible term horrible experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Today once again I have travelled by bus beyond my 5km to meet friends for a kickaround a few cans and meet with a few girls for a picnic in the sunshine in the Phoenix Park.
    The place is packed and it's wonderful to see.
    Last summer it was the same.
    Earlier I walked through the city and got a coffee at the lovely little French cafe near the gate of Dublin Castle.
    The whole city is a forlorn ghost town.
    Deeply depressing and sad.
    I am sitting at the Wellington Monument right now at only feet away are a couple wearing masks.
    I joked earlier with a family sanitize the monument when they are finished.
    However I think this couple would actually do it if I told them with a straight face.
    What has become of our beautiful capital city and our beautiful country?

Great to see:

“”ISRAEL TOOK ANOTHER step towards post-pandemic normalcy today, opening restaurants, bars and cafes to vaccinated “green pass” holders, with about 40% of the population fully inoculated against the coronavirus.

“We are coming to life,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared, as he cut into a pastry at a Jerusalem cafe, according to a video posted on Facebook.

Israel, which launched its vaccination campaign in December, has given the recommended two jabs of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine to more than 3.7 million of its roughly nine million people.

Nearly five million have received one shot.“”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Well said and so true. It’s mad what the whole situation has done to many people. I can see every type of person below in my friends and family and it’s frightening to see.

Bizarre world.

Great to see:

“”ISRAEL TOOK ANOTHER step towards post-pandemic normalcy today, opening restaurants, bars and cafes to vaccinated “green pass” holders, with about 40% of the population fully inoculated against the coronavirus.

“We are coming to life,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared, as he cut into a pastry at a Jerusalem cafe, according to a video posted on Facebook.

Israel, which launched its vaccination campaign in December, has given the recommended two jabs of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine to more than 3.7 million of its roughly nine million people.

Nearly five million have received one shot.“”

Be careful what you wish for Micky, seriously
    you seem like a good lad, post alot of positive stuff here, you've good intentions and seem a good person

When you don't take the vaccination in Israel , your life is basically over.

There is a media blackout in Israel right now, its a circus over in there with the vaccine roll out.

Israel are not a country we can relate to, post away about the UK and similar countries to us ,but extremists countries like Israel be wary on that data

All i'm saying on the subject before i'm banned

Be careful what you wish for Micky, seriously
    you seem like a good lad, post alot of positive stuff here, you've good intentions and seem a good person

Aww, thanks for all the lovely compliments. It’s what keeps us boardsie’s together in these awful times, you’re very good. :D:D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

https://twitter.com/michealmartintd/status/1368192267257778190?s=21

The UK timeline for reopening isn't just optimistic, it is realistic. Outside of supply issues with the vaccine, there are no serious issues arising which will delay full reopening of everything once the numbers are hit with vaccines.

15 weeks or 105 days from tomorrow for everything in the UK to be eased. We cannot be too far behind them for obvious reasons, namely regulatory arbitrage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

The UK timeline for reopening isn't just optimistic, it is realistic. Outside of supply issues with the vaccine, there are no serious issues arising which will delay full reopening of everything once the numbers are hit with vaccines.

15 weeks or 105 days from tomorrow for everything in the UK to be eased. We cannot be too far behind them for obvious reasons, namely regulatory arbitrage.

the difference between us being hot on the uks heels in reopening depends on whether or not micheals balls drop in the next few months. otherwise expect to see 'new variants' being bandied about a lot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement