Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

The price of Christmas is where we are now as you well know because you were warned in advance, even by the govt.

looks like the 3rd wave was silently wreaking havoc long before Christmas. In fact it started as early as 22 November. So those of you who have being blaming the madness of the Irish out partying and killing their elderly relatives need to stop and maybe need to apologise. This is a pandemic and no amount of finger pointing and blaming would have stopped it. It seems to have hit peak point right in line with our annual wave of flu..... ironic that isnt it?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/devastating-third-wave-of-covid-19-began-before-lockdown-lifted-for-christmas-new-report-reveals-40171776.html

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    You're given a certificate to prove you're vaccinated. Once I'm vaccinated and I can prove it then I'm not wearing them anymore. The Mask Gestapo who want us to wear them forever just so they can feel safe can do one. Let them move to China if they want to wear them forever.

The mask is to stop your spreading covid to others. How could you be so selfish as to wear one as long as you are no vaccinated, and then once you are, to hell with any one else. Great attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

looks like the 3rd wave was silently wreaking havoc long before Christmas. In fact it started as early as 22 November. So those of you who have being blaming the madness of the Irish out partying and killing their elderly relatives need to stop and maybe need to apologise. This is a pandemic and no amount of finger pointing and blaming would have stopped it. It seems to have hit peak point right in line with our annual wave of flu..... ironic that isnt it?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/devastating-third-wave-of-covid-19-began-before-lockdown-lifted-for-christmas-new-report-reveals-40171776.html

You would have to conjecture that a lot of the third wave was contributable to the UK variant hitting us earlier because of our obvious links with the UK. Third waves only occurring now in Europe are being attributed to the very same more infectious variant - even in places that have been in lockdown as long as us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

The mask is to stop your spreading covid to others. How could you be so selfish as to wear one as long as you are no vaccinated, and then once you are, to hell with any one else. Great attitude.

Its just as selfish to expect people to keep wearing them just to accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

I've no idea how you've come to the conclusion that what happened at Christmas was inevitable.

It certainly isn't implied from that article

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

aido79 wrote: »
    No just people, possibly like yourself, who don't believe mask wearing helps stop the spread of covid19.

"tinfoil hatter" and "conspiracy theorist" labels being insinuated now, these attacks are like toys being thrown from a pram when you are called out for being smug, self-righteous, pompous but ultimately ignorant.

mightyreds wrote: »
    CDC allowing vaccinated people meet indoors without masks and social distancing, those unknowns seem to be unravelling quickly

The word your looking for is resolving not unravelling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I've no idea how you've come to the conclusion that what happened at Christmas was inevitable.

It certainly isn't implied from that article

Where is the nearest country to us that managed to avoid a winter surge?

I count 3 threads now where the misunderstandings of a journalist on what are essentially periods of time for reporting purposes, are presented as evidence of a surge starting on nov 22nd

Its just as selfish to expect people to keep wearing them just to accommodate you.

It isnt to accomodate me. Its to avoid you spreading covid to others.

Are you for real ???

• Advertisement

Is this the theory that all altruism is essentially selfish in that the altruistic act is purely for the individuals ego, or is it an extremely bad point where person a wearing a mask because they don’t want to spread Covid should they have it is the same a person b who doesn’t want to wear a mask because “nazi mask gestapo”?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It isnt to accomodate me. Its to avoid you spreading covid to others.

Are you for real ???

There's increasing evidence that vaccination helps to stop spread. I'm not an anti mask type by any stretch of the imagination (in fact I'd be happy enough wearing one in the winter in future to reduce my chances of spreading any kind of respiratory virus), but calling people selfish for not wearing masks after being vaccinated is a bit much.

There's increasing evidence that vaccination helps to stop spread. I'm not an anti mask type by any stretch of the imagination (in fact I'd be happy enough wearing one in the winter in future to reduce my chances of spreading any kind of respiratory virus), but calling people selfish for not wearing masks after being vaccinated is a bit much.

Yes, possible evidence. That it 'helps' to stop it. For the sake of a few months until every one is vaccinated, its hardly that much imposition to expect people to continue to protect each other. Unless you are a selfish git I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Yes, possible evidence. That it 'helps' to stop it. For the sake of a few months until every one is vaccinated, its hardly that much imposition to expect people to continue to protect each other. Unless you are a selfish git I guess.

I don't know, masks seem to bother some people more than others. Everyone is different. I've gotten used to them myself and like I said, happy enough to keep wearing one but I can see why others would feel differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,283 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The mask is to stop your spreading covid to others.

1% possibly by 2% indoors and that's cases not ICU admissions, definitely not worth the disconnect.

In what part of the way back to normal should they go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Go on then. Refute it.

Refute bs? How do you do than then?

1% possibly by 2% indoors and that's cases not ICU admissions, definitely not worth the disconnect.

In what part of the way back to normal should they go?

100% vaccinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

JDD wrote: »
    Tell me this though, what makes you think that we will have restrictions next winter?
    You mean apart form the medical experts, WHO, scientists, doctors, virologists, immunologists. health advisers, the UK Roadmap, and world leaders stating it? Hmmm, call it a hunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

You're given a certificate to prove you're vaccinated.
    No you're not.

But I'm not surprised you'd say you are. It's just another example of misinformed shyite talk that's rampant throughout this thread. In 16 years on boards I've never seen a thread with so much inaccuracies, misinformation, and out right lies declared as proven facts.

Protip: when you post ****e on boards and 12 people like your post, it doesn't validate your 'fact'. It just means there's 12 more loons on the thread.

The whole thread belongs in Conspiracy Theories.

None of us know what's coming. None of us. We can only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

What if mitigation measures make little difference in the long term and the highly transmissible virus, not people, is to blame after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I don't know, masks seem to bother some people more than others. Everyone is different. I've gotten used to them myself and like I said, happy enough to keep wearing one but I can see why others would feel differently.

I find them a great nose warmer. I even wear it walking outdoors in the cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Scotty # wrote: »
    and out right lies declared as proven facts.

You should calm down, they say high blood pressure could be an underlying issue if you catch covid. Be careful there now.

So what lies declared as proven fact were posted? I’m curious to know what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

gozunda wrote: »
    Refute bs? How do you do than then?

If it was refutable, you’d refute it. You can’t though, can you? It’s usually pretty easy to refute BS. That’s the nature of BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Scotty # wrote: »
    No you're not.

But I'm not surprised you'd say you are. It's just another example of misinformed shyite talk that's rampant throughout this thread. In 16 years on boards I've never seen a thread with so much inaccuracies, misinformation, and out right lies declared as proven facts.

Protip: when you post ****e on boards and 12 people like your post, it doesn't validate your 'fact'. It just means there's 12 more loons on the thread.

The whole thread belongs in Conspiracy Theories.

None of us know what's coming. None of us. We can only hope.

if you are a healthcare worker you get a cert

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

You're given a certificate to prove you're vaccinated. Once I'm vaccinated and I can prove it then I'm not wearing them anymore. The Mask Gestapo who want us to wear them forever just so they can feel safe can do one. Let them move to China if they want to wear them forever.

I'm just saying that many people will use the fact that other people are walking around without masks because they have been vaccinated to abandon masks wearing because they don't agree with it even though they have no intention of getting vaccinated ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

"tinfoil hatter" and "conspiracy theorist" labels being insinuated now, these attacks are like toys being thrown from a pram when you are called out for being smug, self-righteous, pompous but ultimately ignorant.

The only thing I'm insinuating is the possibility that you are against mask wearing.
    Your rant is just paranoia. I didn't mention anything about tinfoil hats or conspiracy theorists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,638 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So on the Claire Byrne show they done a magic poll on 1000 aldults 'should music festivals go ahead this year if a large Majority of the population has been vaccined ?'

Yes- 33%
    No- 49%
    Don't Know- 12%

NPHET be very happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So on the Claire Byrne show they done a magic poll on 1000 aldults 'should music festivals go ahead this year if a large Majority of the population has been vaccined ?'

Yes- 33%
    No- 49%
    Don't Know- 12%

I think as society opens up when vaccinated i have a feeling those figures might start changing a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

PTH2009 wrote: »

Yes- 33%
    No- 49%
    Don't Know- 12%

Like most things these days, the poll doesn't add up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,638 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I think as society opens up when vaccinated i have a feeling those figures might start changing a bit.

Some professor on now saying 80% of the population will have to be vaccinated for festivals/gigs to return

CB is bloody thrilled with the poll result

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement