Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Reality is, all of us will go to Belfast in mid April onward for weekend getaways. We wont be very patriotic as we arent supporting the Irish hotels that are closed (some will say because of us), but what can we do?

18 euro return train. Essential reason? to visit a grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Ah lads... Covid is harmless to the under 18s. Who cares if they are vaccinated or not?

Christ. I think the castors on the goalposts need to be replaced yet again.

We’ll be arguing about vaccinating household pets by the end of 2021.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Christ. I think the castors on the goalposts need to be replaced yet again.

We’ll be arguing about vaccinating household pets by the end of 2021.

If Covid jumps to dogs then it could mutate and jump back to humans, but if it jumps from dogs to cats and then back to humans, it will definitely mutate into a supervirus that will totally ignore the €9 meal protection and may even start hitting those who are within 5km of their homes.

We need to hold firm here, this new supervirus could mutate further so we need to flatten the curve and if we want to avoid supervirus lockdowns then we only have one option, lockdown hard and lockdown now!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

We wont be very patriotic as we arent supporting the Irish hotels that are closed (some will say because of us), but what can we do?

What can we do? You personally couldn`t be arsed supporting the Irish hospitality sector when it did open last summer so less of your fake crocodile tears act sonny boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

True? Nah mate you're guessing like everyone else but I suspect you're at something else by the constant repetition.
    Plenty of posters offering their take but not with the same constant repetition as you. There's no new audience here . It's just circular now. Anyway time to unfollow this nonsense. Enjoy yourself.

He quoted factual figures relating to population numbers in Ireland.
    Then broke them down into percentages needing vaccinations in order to reach herd immunity (based on the 80% of population).

Now unless you have;
    a) Different figures for Ireland's population and breakdown of age-groups
    b) A new method for calculating percentages
    I would suggest that claiming he is guessing in his post is plain daft.
    The post in question literally deals in maths! I'm sure he used a calculator instead of guessing.

You made absolutely no attempt to deal with the content of the post. Just lazily claimed he was guessing numbers that can quite easily be calculated by anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

As long as the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated it’s game, set and match.

We can’t afford to keep this nonsense going.

Hospitalisations and deaths will be on the ground once the over 60s are vaccinated. And that’s all that matters.

Yep this is the reality and the poster isn’t able to grasp the concept. The poster is in denial that vaccines now exist because they keep trying to compare last winter( with no vaccines) with next winter (with vaccines), there’s an unhealthy obsession of restrictions for next winter.

The drop in disease with vaccinated HCW and elderly is dropping phenomenally already.

As Leo said himself vaccines prevent near 100% serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths.

What can we do? You personally couldn`t be arsed supporting the Irish hospitality sector when it did open last summer so less of your fake crocodile tears act sonny boy.

:D:D:D

Damn thats funny.

My tears are real. Large chunk of Irish hospitality has already went out of business. I really wish I could but not only are they closed now, when they "reopen" sometime in August, I just have a feeling that there will be little choice there so. You know. What can I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Reality is, all of us will go to Belfast in mid April onward for weekend getaways. We wont be very patriotic as we arent supporting the Irish hotels that are closed (some will say because of us), but what can we do?

I have a lot of family and friends up north, it is quite something to be seeing all the pictures coming through of them getting their vaccines and looking forward to the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Belfast hotels are Irish hotels, so what's unpatriotic about it? That said, Derry is a billion times the place that Belfast is.

:D:D:D

Damn thats funny.

My tears are real. Large chunk of Irish hospitality has already went out of business. I really wish I could but not only are they closed now, when they "reopen" sometime in August, I just have a feeling that there will be little choice there so. You know. What can I do.

I said last summer son. Have you got comprehension issues now as well?

• Advertisement

I have a lot of family and friends up north, it is quite something to be seeing all the pictures coming through of them getting their vaccines and looking forward to the future.

Unfortunately being on this thread you’ll be made sure to think you won’t have a future to look forward to. Lot of miserable people out there. But thankfully this thread won’t represent the future in real life. We now have lots to look forward to and by the end of the year we’ll be well on our way. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Micky 32 wrote: »
    As Leo said himself vaccines prevent near 100% serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths.
    Unfortunately, some bad news on that front. I've also heard of a nursing home in the North with 8 deaths of people who were fully vaccinated. The vaccine is not a silver bullet. Just another tool in the arsenal against the virus.

UK Gov has confirmed furlough to continue til September and saying they will revise the roadmap dates.

Some good news though, Novavax (probably the next one to be approved in EU) has shown 96% efficacy. The highest so far.

Scotty # wrote: »
    Unfortunately, some bad news on that front. I've also heard of a nursing home in the North with 8 deaths of people who were fully vaccinated. The vaccine is not a silver bullet. Just another tool in the arsenal against the virus.

UK Gov has confirmed furlough to continue til September and saying they will revise the roadmap dates.

Some good news though, Novavax (probably the next one to be approved in EU) has shown 96% efficacy. The highest so far.

Make sure you wipe the foam off your mouth there because that could spread the virus.

If you read your own link it says the outbreak was January 20th, no way was it long enough for the first jabs to have taken affect. But watever suits the narrative , right?

More recent data is now showing it to work. Nice try though. I rest my case.

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Belfast hotels are Irish hotels, so what's unpatriotic about it? That said, Derry is a billion times the place that Belfast is.

Nope. Wrong again. Different jurisdiction, different currency etc. BTW the officiall name of the city you referred to is Londonderry.

Make sure you wipe the foam off your mouth there because that could spread the virus.
    It's OK, I have a mask on.

It's OK, I have a mask on.

I’m one step ahead of you, i wear 2 and sometimes 3 ;)

I know this is bizarre and I am probably wrong - but could it be that people will die regardless if they get a vaccine or not? Like dying with old age?

I hear people die in nursing homes every day.

I'm glad to hear you're taking the CDC's advice so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Ah lads... Covid is harmless to the under 18s. Who cares if they are vaccinated or not?

Pedants care jac

Unfortunately being on this thread you’ll be made sure to think you won’t have a future to look forward to. Lot of miserable people out there. But thankfully this thread won’t represent the future in real life. We now have lots to look forward to and by the end of the year we’ll be well on our way. ;)

Things will get better no doubt about that.

Sooner than end of the year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I can see the goalposts disappearing over the horizon.

I know this is bizarre and I am probably wrong - but could it be that people will die regardless if they get a vaccine or not? Like dying with old age?

I hear people die in nursing homes every day.
    I know you're struggling with the logic but try to keep up. It's irrelevant that they died. It's irrelevant they they even got sick. What is relevant is that they contracted covid at least 8 days after being vaccinated.

I'm glad to hear you're taking the CDC's advice so.

Yes i even wear a face shield on top of that in certain conditions , my work deals with the public. Also i’m not vaccinated and i have ederly parents who won’t have their vaccines until the end of the month, i’m doing everything i can to protect myself and others.

I can see the goalposts disappearing over the horizon.

at this point the crew of the starship enterprise are going to encounter a mysterious set of goalposts floating in space with the words 'flatten the curve' etched on them in an upcoming episode of star trek with all the moving that's been done

Nope. Wrong again. Different jurisdiction, different currency etc. BTW the officiall name of the city you referred to is Londonderry.

do you also say the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland when referring to the uk or do you reserve being pedantic for others kunta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I know you're struggling with the logic but try to keep up. It's irrelevant that they died. It's irrelevant they they even got sick. What is relevant is that they contracted covid at least 8 days after being vaccinated.

Not fully vaccinated tough, thats also relevant

Vaccine doesnt stop you from getting covid.

It’s a known fact that 8 days isn’t enough for the vaccines to work. It becomes most effective after 21 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Anyone listening to the moaning windbag on Pat Kenny’s show? Poor woman is upset she can’t play a game of her beloved tennis. She misses a game of doubles with her partner and friends. My heart goes out to her.

Kenny humouring her of course.

Talk about out of touch with reality. People sitting at home jobless and this posh D4 queen wants her tennis back.

• Advertisement

Even while riding like what you were on about the other day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement