Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,809 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Why not?

You're upsetting El Duderino right now. #justsayin

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    You haven't explained to me at all why you stated you were going to the protest but went to Italy instead. I must assume you are some sort of cowardly demagogue, spinning lies and goading vulnerable people into violent actions.

It's reprehensible behaviour IMHO

Nail on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,467 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Once again, In my opinion unlikely. The end is nigh :p

If that’s true it’s probably because the same repeating waffle bores me.

I've said each time that there is uncertainty around whether we will need restrictions next winter.
    Have you been taking that to mean I think we will have restrictions next winter?

How have you managed to read it so many times to the point of being bored by it, but never actually understood it any of the times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Why not?

You're upsetting El Duderino right now. #justsayin

Why, because i disagree with him/her? Lol

I've said each time that there is uncertainty around whether we will need restrictions next winter.
    Have you been taking that to mean I think we will have restrictions next winter?

How have you managed to read it so many times to the point of being bored by it, but never actually understood it any of the times?

No, i got bored with the constant posts of the same drum. I get it, you think we’ll have restrictions next winter, i’m of the opinion we won’t. You go with what you think and i’ll go with what i think. Quite simple. If you accept that instead of trying to undermine and berate my opinion with a huge waffling post then i won’t reply and i’ll leave it at that. :)

Do you accept we both have a difference of opinion?

If you accept the obvious i’ll unfollow the thread and leave you at it. The thread is getting rediculous anyway.

• Advertisement

No, i got bored with the constant posts of the same drum. I get it, you think we’ll have restrictions next winter, i’m of the opinion we won’t. You go with what you think and i’ll go with what i think. Quite simple. If you accept that instead of trying to undermine and berate my opinion with a huge waffling post then i won’t reply and i’ll leave it at that. :)

Do you accept we both have a difference of opinion?

The bit in bold. You say I think there will be restrictions next winter. You've honestly gotten that from what I've said? Honestly or are you just pretending?

I've said every time that there is uncertainty around whether there will be restrictions in winter and you've said you think that means I'm saying there will be restrictions next winter. Lads this is the problem with these discussions in a nutshell. Is it a failing of basic comprehension or a desire to misunderstand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

The bit in bold. You say I think there will be restrictions next winter. You've honestly gotten that from what I've said? Honestly or are you just pretending?

I've said every time that there is uncertainty around whether there will be restrictions in winter and you've said you think that means I'm saying there will be restrictions next winter. Lads this is the problem with these discussions in a nutshell. Is it a failing of basic comprehension or a desire to misunderstand?

Can you just drop it already you’re like a dog with a bone

Once again…..yes i hear you. You think there’s uncertainty next winter. Maybe there is but in my opinion i think it’s unlikely given the current data.

Once again…..yes i hear you. You think there’s uncertainty next winter. Maybe there is but in my opinion i think it’s unlikely.

Great.

Just and a matter of interest, do you see the difference between saying there is uncertainty and saying I think there will be restrictions? Genuinely curious to know if you get the difference between those two positions or if you think they mean basically the same thing.

Great.

Just and a matter of interest, do you see the difference between saying there is uncertainty and saying I think there will be restrictions? Genuinely curious to know if you get the difference between those two positions or if you think they mean basically the same thing.

The fact that you keep replying to me with the same drum beating everytime i express my opinion that i don’t think there will be restrictions next winter i think it’s the latter you are thinking. I’m quite aware of the difference.

My question to you is do you think we’ll have restrictions next winter yes or no? If you can’t answer no , we have a difference of opinion. Like i said you think what you want and i’ll think what i want but you’re wasting your time with repeatable huge posts why you don’t like my opinion.

The end is coming.

• Advertisement

"An AstraZeneca document dated 10 March, seen by Reuters and shared with EU officials, shows that the Anglo-Swedish drugmaker expects to have delivered 30 million doses to the EU by the end of March - 10 million less than it pledged only last month, and only a third of its contractual obligation."

AZ cutting vaccine delivery projection again. Citing trouble with ingredients to make the vaccine. That mean's they'll only provide a third of the supply agreed for the end of March. Bit disappointing.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0312/1203515-coronavirus-global/

The stuff about blood clots is interesting but shouldn't put anyone off getting the vaccine. The problem is that people aren't very good at calculating risks particularly when it comes to big numbers. 41 cases in 5m doses is a tiny risk but it will cause some to fear getting the vaccine

"The update is based on a review of 41 reports of possible anaphylaxis seen among around five million vaccinations in the United Kingdom," it said in the highlights of the EMA committee that assesses the risk of medications.

The fact that you keep replying to me with the same drum beating everytime i express my opinion that i don’t think there will be restrictions next winter i think it’s the latter you are thinking. I’m quite aware of the difference.

My question to you is do you think we’ll have restrictions next winter yes or no? If you can’t answer no , we have a difference of opinion. Like i said you think what you want and i’ll think what i want but you’re wasting your time with repeatable huge posts why you don’t like my opinion.

The end is coming.

Ok. You didn't address the question I asked in that last post, But I'll answer your question.

The answer to your question is that I think there is uncertainty around whether we will need restrictions in winter. I think the important questions remain unanswered and it's too early to reach a conclusion based on the evidence we have. Everything isn't black or white, yes or no. Sometimes the answer is that we don't have good enough evidence to form a strong opinion. If you have a strong opinion one way or the other about whether or not there will be restrictions next winter, then you're extrapolating too much from the evidence we have.

Would you have a stab at the question in the last post? It's not very important, I'm just curious to know if you get the distinction.

Ok. You didn't address the question I asked in that last post, But I'll answer your question.

The answer to your question is that I think there is uncertainty around whether we will need restrictions in winter. I think the important questions remain unanswered and it's too early to reach a conclusion based on the evidence we have. Everything isn't black or white, yes or no. Sometimes the answer is that we don't have good enough evidence to form a strong opinion. If you have a strong opinion one way or the other about whether or not there will be restrictions next winter, then you're extrapolating too much from the evidence we have.

Would you have a stab at the question in the last post? It's not very important, I'm just curious to know if you get the distinction.

I did answer the question, i do know the difference but it’s obvious that you are thinking we’ll have restrictions next winter. That’s fine.. but in my opinion i don’t think we will. I’m sticking to that.

I did answer the question, i do know the difference but it’s obvious that you are thinking we’ll have restrictions next winter. That’s fine.. but in my opinion i don’t think we will. I’m sticking to that.

It really isn't obvious from what I have said. I can only tell you what I think, if you want to extrapolate that to mean other things then that's your prerogative, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    You haven't explained to me at all why you stated you were going to the protest but went to Italy instead. I must assume you are some sort of cowardly demagogue, spinning lies and goading vulnerable people into violent actions.

It's reprehensible behaviour IMHO

It was Spain.

Both options were good dont get me wrong, I heard a big gathering came about (they all mustve been reading my posts here according to your logic. I am some sort of NPHET equivalent of all the protesters am I? : P). I just thought what other day will there be cheap flights and little to no Gardai at the airport as they are all congregating at St Green? Stars aligned and I got lucky.

I thought - will that be the last protest this year? Thats like asking will Micky and Duderino ever agree?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-fear-anti-lockdown-protests-were-dry-run-for-st-patricks-day-chaos-40142287.html

PS demagogue. fkin hell :pac: be nice will you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

“We are sailing very close to the wind,” said Nphet’s modelling expert Prof Philip Nolan. “A gust of wind in the wrong direction and we’re in real trouble.”

Blunt instrument
    Could this be the reason for relying on the blunt instrument of lockdown for so long? Currently, 10 counties appear to have effectively suppressed the virus, with average daily case numbers in single figures, yet they are treated the same as other parts of the country with big outbreaks.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/is-ireland-facing-another-covid-19-wave-or-is-a-blip-being-used-to-put-the-frighteners-on-1.4508730

Phil is the real demagogue. And a poet if I may say so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

"An AstraZeneca document dated 10 March, seen by Reuters and shared with EU officials, shows that the Anglo-Swedish drugmaker expects to have delivered 30 million doses to the EU by the end of March - 10 million less than it pledged only last month, and only a third of its contractual obligation."

AZ cutting vaccine delivery projection again. Citing trouble with ingredients to make the vaccine. That mean's they'll only provide a third of the supply agreed for the end of March. Bit disappointing.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0312/1203515-coronavirus-global/

The stuff about blood clots is interesting but shouldn't put anyone off getting the vaccine. The problem is that people aren't very good at calculating risks particularly when it comes to big numbers. 41 cases in 5m doses is a tiny risk but it will cause some to fear getting the vaccine

"The update is based on a review of 41 reports of possible anaphylaxis seen among around five million vaccinations in the United Kingdom," it said in the highlights of the EMA committee that assesses the risk of medications.

The statement in bold should be the anthem of Covid for the under 60s!

Multipass wrote: »
    The statement in bold should be the anthem of Covid for the under 60s!

Should it? What should we have done differently? Given that the under 60 can get the virus and pass it on to other people, I don't think we can really do much differently than we are doing. Were vaccinating the older people who are more at risk, then lifting restrictions and seeing how it pans out over the summer and into winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

They don't mention the schools. Surely there's a correlation between the schools reopening and two weeks later the numbers start to turn the wrong way?

• Advertisement

Scotty # wrote: »
    They don't mention the schools. Surely there's a correlation between the schools reopening and two weeks later the numbers start to turn the wrong way?

Well, it’s the most likely scenario. The most sensible thing would’ve been to cancel this year and have all students repeat come September. But how and ever, the kids have suffered enough as is imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

Scotty # wrote: »

No, because it goes against their narrative that the schools are safe and don't contribute to the spread. They'll blame the traveller funeral or say increased numbers going to work. Some bull again.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Housefree wrote: »

Sad to see but it’s a seasonal virus and we’re still in it’s season. As much as lots of people get cross with the government’s conservative approach, it looks like the right thing to do, for now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,283 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Conservative approach? They've sucked the good out of everything, destroyed communities, subjected people to horrifying last days on earth cut off from all family and faces, wrecked business beyond repair, made half a million people unemployed, mentally abused the nation with non stop propaganda and that's only the tip of the iceberg, that's not conservatism that's Tyranny.

Conservative approach? They've sucked the good out of everything, destroyed communities, subjected people to horrifying last days on earth cut off from all family and faces, wrecked business beyond repair, made half a million people unemployed, mentally abused the nation with non stop propaganda and that's only the tip of the iceberg, that's not conservatism that's Tyranny.

Sure. Tyranny, despotism, autocracy, 1984 and so on.

Germany and Italy are going back to using lockdowns so i supppse the same changes apply to them too.

Do you think the Irish government was always tyrannical or they just became tyrannical in 2020?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,283 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You think abusing healthy people is ok, that's fine your entitled to your opinion.

Sure. Tyranny, despotism, autocracy, 1984 and so on.

Germany and Italy are going back to using lockdowns so i supppse the same changes apply to them too.

Do you think the Irish government was always tyrannical or they just became tyrannical in 2020?

Yes. Going back.

Ireland hasn't been out of lockdown since the beginning of last Autumn, apart from 3 weeks. There is no end in sight either. There is no an air of positivity from our Government, NPHET or the Irish media.

The levels of fatigue, apathy, despondency and depression here are palpable at this stage.

You think abusing healthy people is ok, that's fine your entitled to your opinion.

If someone said they think that, the you should quote where they posted it....

• Advertisement

Yes. Going back.

Ireland hasn't been out of lockdown since the beginning of last Autumn, apart from 3 weeks. There is no end in sight either. There is no an air of positivity from our Government, NPHET or the Irish media.

The levels of fatigue, apathy, despondency and depression here are palpable at this stage.

That’s true. We weren’t out of it excepting when we were. And that led to us going back into it.

There is an end in sight. A quick look at the news would show that the end is certainly within sight. It might not be as close as we want though.

I’ll point out that people give out about “doom and gloom” merchants and your post is the epitome of that. Completely ignoring the progress to claim there is no end in sight.

Anyway, I was responding to an OTT post about the “tyranny” were experiencing, totally ignoring the global pandemic context.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement