Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

No word as of yet unfortunately. But I doubt it’ll matter. They’ve fallen victim to the fear of vaccines. They’ve reached the point now where they don’t care if it kills them.

Where did they get that fear from?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭haskellgeek

How many of the pup recipients or wage supplements are public servants/ civil servants or gov employees? None probably

john4321 wrote: »
    Where did they get that fear from?

I have no idea. Most of us are all dying to stick each cheek in the air and have ourselves microchipped at this stage if it gets us out of this mess.
    I have another one in the family though that watches way too much EWTN and talks all the time about the new one world government. Also happens to be anti vax if you can believe it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

You may want to go check the science on that one. They've had no effect on Rhinovirus and Enterovirus in Ireland throughout the pandemic. It's safe to assume they've had little to no quantifiable effect on Covid either. They help amp the fear and anxiety levels though, suppose that's a positive depending on your point of view.
    They're all just part of the social conditioning. They have absolutely no positive effect - they are inherently a negative and, frankly, Satanic imposition.

I have no idea. Most of us are all dying to stick each cheek in the air and have ourselves microchipped at this stage if it gets us out of this mess.
    I have another one in the family though that watches way too much EWTN and talks all the time about the new one world government. Also happens to be anti vax if you can believe it. :)

I'll leave you to it sorry thought you were a genuine poster.

Hope your elderly relatives stay safe before they get microchipped.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Nphet were right big boys tonight telling us not to buy cans, don’t meet up with no one. We should lock ourselves in our houses altogether and stay in the bunker till 2047.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Nphet were right big boys tonight telling us not to buy cans, don’t meet up with no one. We should lock ourselves in our houses altogether and stay in the bunker till 2047.

They're probably upset nobody invited them to a house party on Wednesday.

john4321 wrote: »
    I'll leave you to it sorry thought you were a genuine poster.

Hope your elderly relatives stay safe before they get microchipped.

I am a genuine poster. The microchip was a joke: i.e we will do anything if it helps. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

You may want to go check the science on that one. They've had no effect on Rhinovirus and Enterovirus in Ireland throughout the pandemic. It's safe to assume they've had little to no quantifiable effect on Covid either. They help amp the fear and anxiety levels though, suppose that's a positive depending on your point of view.

Show me your research. I'll be amazed if you can show me anything to prove what you say. Maybe stay off silly Facebook groups for a while.

What is all this nonsense you keep going on about with fear? Most people wear a mask to prevent spreading the virus to other people not because they're afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Drifter50 wrote: »
    So where do I say that everyone on the PUP is suicidal or suffering serious mental health issues ?
    That's what the conversation was about. When you quoted me saying 'tiny proportion of the population' I was referring to someone else's comment on people suffering with their mental health, losing their business, etc, etc. You want to disagree with that, that's fine. I believe the vast majority of people are coping mentally and getting on with things.

But you come in telling me I'm a disgrace and quoting PUP figures at me. What have they got to do with what I said? Unless you presume there is a correlation between your mental health and being on the PUP? I don't.

Then, lol, you're telling me to not attack other posters! Rich!

• Advertisement

I am a genuine poster. The microchip was a joke: i.e we will do anything if it helps. :)

Well might be no harm to promote the benefits of vaccines to them to counter the nonsense your other family member is telling them.

They should only be days\weeks away from vaccination if they are over 80 and this is the hope they are seeking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

aido79 wrote: »
    Show me your research. I'll be amazed if you can show me anything to prove what you say. Maybe stay off silly Facebook groups for a while.

What is all this nonsense you keep going on about with fear? Most people wear a mask to prevent spreading the virus to other people not because they're afraid.

It's all in the weekly surveillance reports from the HSE. Go have a look.

Why do you wear one, fear of yourself! and i'm the one with the tinfoil hat. :)

It's all in the weekly surveillance reports from the HSE. Go have a look.

Why do you wear one, fear of yourself! and i'm the one with the tinfoil hat. :)

As I said I'll be amazed if you prove what you say. There is no way the HSE are saying that masks don't stop the spread of covid.

I wear one so that if I have contracted covid unknowingly there is less chance of passing it on to other people.
    It's a bit like when someone covers their mouth when they sneeze or cough. It's basic common sense but common sense isn't that common anymore.

It doesn't surprise me that you are a member of the tinfoil hat club.

I wear one so that if I have contracted covid unknowingly there is less chance of passing it on to other people.
    That requires ignoring the fact that any study on the topic has shown that there is absolutely no evidence of this mythical "asymptomatic transmission".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

I'm the same, I'd eat a sh#t sandwich if the vaccine was in the middle just to end this crap.

Fwiw, I lost my private sector job when the schools closed, it was given to a guy with no children. I haven't applied for the pup this time as it's too depressing and we can get by on my wife's salary. Second job I've lost in a year to covid19. I'm going to take a few months out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Risteard81 wrote: »
    That requires ignoring the fact that any study on the topic has shown that there is absolutely no evidence of this mythical "asymptomatic transmission".

Study on asymptomatic transmission.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2774707

Feel free to link some of the studies I have ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

mcsean2163 wrote: »

Thankfully,it's not set in stone.....
    As discussed here, the exact proportions of presymptomatic and never symptomatic transmission are not known. This also applies to the incubation period estimates, which are based on individual exposure and onset windows that are difficult to observe with precision and therefore include substantial uncertainty even when leveraging estimates across multiple studies. Moreover, they likely vary substantially in different populations. For example, older individuals are more likely than younger persons to experience symptoms,

I notice that NPHET are now recommeding that people with symptoms of a common cold,should now regard it as Covid.....:rolleyes:

Fear remains the Key.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

That is one spectacular fail. Might have been a good idea to actually read those articles before posting them.

It's the same study and it recommends mask wearing. It also says there is no evidence that asymptomatic people can't pass the virus on to other people:

"The researchers said that their findings did not show that the virus couldn’t be passed on by asymptomatic carriers, and they didn’t suggest that their findings were generalisable.

They said that strict measures—such as mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing, and lockdown—were successful in reducing the virulence of SARS-CoV-2 in Wuhan and that asymptomatic people in Wuhan may have low viral loads. This means that the finding cannot be applied to countries where outbreaks have not been successfully brought under control."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭pgj2015

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    I'm the same, I'd eat a sh#t sandwich if the vaccine was in the middle just to end this crap.

Fwiw, I lost my private sector job when the schools closed, it was given to a guy with no children. I haven't applied for the pup this time as it's too depressing and we can get by on my wife's salary. Second job I've lost in a year to covid19. I'm going to take a few months out.

I would take the pup if I was you, even if you don't need it. There are a lot of people in this country who are on social welfare all their life and they haven't contributed anything back, you have. no shame in getting the pup, half the country are on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

As I said I'll be amazed if you prove what you say. There is no way the HSE are saying that masks don't stop the spread of covid.

It's a bit like when someone covers their mouth when they sneeze or cough. It's basic common sense but common sense isn't that common anymore.

It doesn't surprise me that you are a member of the tinfoil hat club.

Where did I say the HSE said that, I didn't you did. You said they made colds disappear, that's completely wrong.

You've bought into the fear, spin it whatever way you like to make it compute but the fact remains true your motives are driven by fear of being a disease spreader even when you feel healthy. Maybe take a few minutes to reflect on that concept and come up with a plan on how your going to deal with your asymptomatic flu spread in the future.
    (CDC say flu and covid have similar asymptomatic spread)

You can't put a figure on how many cases they've prevented or caused, yes I said caused as we always knew that was going to be a problem, even NPHET understood it. Cases have never returned to where they were in the days before the mandate introduction, have a look at the charts.

I've my evidence based opinion formed and nothing is going to change that. The science on masks has not changed between the start of the pandemic and now, Fauchi was correct, Luke O'Neill was correct and so were NPHET.

That is one spectacular fail. Might have been a good idea to actually read those articles before posting them.
    No - it's an epic fail by you.

What has been shown is that asymptomatic transmission, whilst it has been assumed, has actually never been proven. In fact the most thorough study into it has shown that there was not one single case of so-called asymptomatic transmission.

Pseudo science like masks etc. are all in the realm of the theoretical, and wholly unproven. In fact much of the evidence shows that they actually make things worse (whether through incorrect usage or other reasons).

So what gives the State the right to impose totalitarian rule on those it claims to have authority to impose rules over? Is there no limit to what they can do claiming it is in the interests of the "greater good"? Does the 26-County Constitution have any meaning whatsoever if all rights can simply be ignored?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Pseudo science like masks etc. are all in the realm of the theoretical, and wholly unproven. In fact much of the evidence shows that they actually make things worse (whether through incorrect usage or other reasons).

What utter tosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Graham wrote: »
    What utter tosh.

It’s actually not tosh about the masks.

Even NPHET have no confidence in the effectiveness.
    Earlier this evening a NPHET robot was slating an elderly woman who wore a mask to see her dying brother.
    Mentioned how “irresponsible” it was visiting him in a hospital and getting infected with covid.

Ahem ..... she was wearing a mask !!!!!

Do they work or not work ???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

dalyboy wrote: »
    Even NPHET have no confidence in the effectiveness.

Earlier this evening a NPHET robot was slating an elderly woman who wore a mask to see her dying brother.
    Mentioned how “irresponsible” it was visiting him in a hospital and getting infected with covid.

That's your conclusion, not NPHET's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

At this stage I just feel sorry for anyone who's buying this at face value-that the state could flip and turn rogue against the people like this is just beyond comprehension so I don't think they're stupid, it just doesn't register in their brains for whatever reason. I would normally encourage protest and even attended some myself but it appears that they've been accounted for and are being incorporated into the narrative. Whatever you do on Wednesday, don't be violent or aggressive-just politely and respectfully refuse to follow instructions-mass disobedience is the way out of this nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

sabat wrote: »
    At this stage I just feel sorry for anyone who's buying this at face value-that the state could flip and turn rogue against the people like this is just beyond comprehension so I don't think they're stupid, it just doesn't register in their brains for whatever reason. I would normally encourage protest and even attended some myself but it appears that they've been accounted for and are being incorporated into the narrative. Whatever you do on Wednesday, don't be violent or aggressive-just politely and respectfully refuse to follow instructions-mass disobedience is the way out of this nightmare.

Or further into it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Or further into it.

Yeah but further into it is not possible.
    The country’s being metaphorically strangled. The natural reaction when being strangled is to fight off the aggressor. Protest seems to be the only option to display our dismay.

I for one agree with the other poster.
    This whole thing stinks to high hell at this point

• Advertisement

Graham wrote: »
    That's your conclusion, not NPHET's.

I wasn’t making a conclusion apart from assessing that medical priests earlier comments on an elderly masked lady.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement