Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

Allinall wrote: »
    there is nothing stopping you meeting your mother for a walk, and never was.

Travel restrictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Sure.

Surgeons, despite wearing masks as a matter of course, do not go to work and perform surgeries if they have respiratory viruses. Because they are aware that masks do not prevent the spread of respiratory viruses in the same way that they can prevent bacterial infections that can occur with larger droplets.

So masks will not limit the spread of covid19 in any way?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/pandemic-support-payment-for-465000-unemployed-to-be-reviewed-in-june-40202210.html

PUP to be reviewed in June. Hopefully this will be a sense of reality setting in with the boys in control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/pandemic-support-payment-for-465000-unemployed-to-be-reviewed-in-june-40202210.html

PUP to be reviewed in June. Hopefully this will be a sense of reality setting in with the boys in control.

The big problem is he is just borrowing to keep the lights on.

Usually country that would borrow as much as we do currently would be doing so for large infrastructure projects etc. Not us. Not now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

aido79 wrote: »
    Maybe have a look at a dictionary and learn what the word spectrum means. I wasn't using it as a slur about autism or anything else.

That's a lie, you knew exactly what you were suggesting, you made sure to break up my username as well, I usually don't mind but you were being an ass rather than witty.

• Advertisement

The big problem is he is just borrowing to keep the lights on.

Usually country that would borrow as much as we do currently would be doing so for large infrastructure projects etc. Not us. Not now.

That is a massive problem indeed. But hopefully, HOPEFULLY he is the one who will lay down the gauntlet and tells everyone it can’t keep going the way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Sure its only 465000 people, Scotty says they don't matter anyway.

Its just more gaslighting anyway, yet another sign that these ***** aren't taking their hands from our throats anytime soon. June, three more months away, but whats another 3 months when they've already taken a year.

Its just more gaslighting anyway, yet another sign that these ***** aren't taking their hands from our throats anytime soon. June, three more months away, but whats another 3 months when they've already taken a year.

I don’t know how anyone can say anything like the fact that almost half a million people are unable to work is not a big deal.
    I’m choosing to believe that it’s reality setting in instead of the pre planned leaks that means we will be restricted until June. And probably until September. And maybe even Christmas. Of what year, we will never know.

Come join me in my bubble guys, it’s more fun in here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

[line]800[/line]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

No I didn't but feel free to make it up as you go along.

• Advertisement

So masks will not limit the spread of covid19 in any way?

As yet inconclusive. I would advise people to wear them in crowded or poorly ventilated indoor spaces until we know, as I have been since last January, but as for whether or how much difference it makes? I don't know. Nor do you.

That's a lie, you knew exactly what you were suggesting, you made sure to break up my username as well, I usually don't mind but you were being an ass rather than witty.

I wasn't suggesting anything. I'm not a mod on this forum and have to follow the same rules as everyone else so feel free to report my comment if you want to make a big deal out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

As yet inconclusive. I would advise people to wear them in crowded or poorly ventilated indoor spaces until we know, as I have been since last January, but as for whether or how much difference it makes? I don't know. Nor do you.

CDC have found that mask mandates only accounted for 1.8% reduction in transmission.

It’s an extremely difficult behaviour to assess.

Personally I don’t mind wearing them and I believe they can be effective but only when a certain number of criteria are strictly met. Worn correctly, disposed of correctly, hand washing, quality of material. This is based on 2 RCTs that were carried out over the past 10 years.

Just from casual observation of how people wear them around me when out and about I think the benefit they provide is minimal and certainly lower than what most people believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

And the result of the june review is in:

We reviewed and have extended the supports to end of September.

That's exactly my thinking on it too and that's why I think the more studies that are done on it the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

thebaz wrote: »
    a year ago I bought into the whole lockdown fully , flatten the curve , save our health system- a year on , I am beyond depressed about the whole fiasco - typified by the vaccine rollout - we got a vaccine with a 90% effectivness last November - unbelievable good news yet Ireland and the EU stop vaccinations of AZ due to clots , that are no higher than occur normally - its like ther over-catiousness has now stopped the vast majority from living , even getting Hope of ever living - we were supposed to have a living with Covid plan , a year on all we have is a never-ending level 5 lockdown - one year is a long time. I now wonder when it will ever end have lost all hope.

Agree. I can't see any end in sight. It's just horrendously depressing. I am in group 4 and was looking forward to getting my vaccine soon. And now we have the AZ fiasco so no idea when I'll get a vaccine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

RGS wrote: »

You could be right but I believe for the likes of aviation and hospitality it could well be extended till December.....

I have edited my post taking out the word "spectrum" and replacing it with the word "scale". These words mean the same thing and I apologise for any confusion caused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

RGS wrote: »

Just 10-14 days :cool:

I have edited my post taking out the word "spectrum" and replacing it with the word "scale". These words mean the same thing and I apologise for any confusion caused.

Fair enough I don't mind a bit of slagging in jest, I've a kid I can't get proper speech therapy for in a year so that was like a red rag to a bull, especially when we were discussing something which makes speech therapy impossible.
    Adults think children will possibly kill them, it has to end we can't carry on like this, masks need to go for people who feel healthy, it will happen, sooner the better though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seansouth36

Risteard81 wrote: »
    I would ask that you stop besmirching Seán Sabhat's name.

I would ask you go back on your meds before you start hallucinating again. Thoughts and prayers etc.

Ivan yesterday for anyone that missed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

The problem is Paschal loves to borrow. Endlessly. He sees the interest rates of 0.0027% due on a bond as small peanuts, he knows that he wont be around when maturity date of 2037 hits.

If we were unable to borrow tomorrow I would guarantee to you we'd say hello to level 2 and dismiss this mild virus with 99.7% + survival rate.

I guarantee he wouldn't love borrowing so much if he was personally on the hook for it and couldn't leave the rest of us with the bill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Why do you think surgeons wear masks?

What else do surgeons wear as well as a mask? Gowns, gloves etc. maybe those too should be mandatory after if it works for surgeons it must work for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Ivan yesterday for anyone that missed it..

He's missed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

Friend of mine today told me, his elderly at risk parents have had their vaccine cancelled twice now.
    HSE informed them via text that it was due to short supply

This is insane!

I knew they would balls it up but, I had no idea how badly

MOR316 wrote: »
    Friend of mine today told me, his elderly at risk parents have had their vaccine cancelled twice now.
    HSE informed them via text that it was due to short supply

This is insane!

I knew they would balls it up but, I had no idea how badly

If we had the option to go to Belfast for them and immediately end this nonsense once and for all you would be surprised at how fast they would become competent.

From talking to people in public health. NPHET guidance at the moment is pubs/restaurants to be open in September at the absolute earliest but would probably recommend not opening until 2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

From talking to people in public health. NPHET guidance at the moment is pubs/restaurants to be open in September at the absolute earliest but would probably recommend not opening until 2022.
    Those fools need to be removed from their unelected posts.

• Advertisement

NPHET can do one if they think people are going to wait that long. Especially since they'll turn around and demand another lockdown for Winter.

Thank God I'm looking for work abroad. I won't be paying for this nonsense if I can help it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement