Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Scotty # wrote: »
    I don't know. For how many months did we have the strictest lockdown? January, Feb, March....

It's strictest lockdown in name only. In reality, it's not very strict at all.

Are you for real? That line makes no sense whatsoever, like many of your posts.

We've had the longest lockdown of business in the world, not the EU, the world.

We've had the strictest lockdowns on average over the last year in the EU.

Spin it all you want, that's the reality.

"on paper". What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    No its not. The only thing that's going to lift lockdown in Ireland is vaccines. Doesn't matter what we do.
    Of course it matters. We've already gotten ourselves out of lockdown with our behaviour alone. Ok, the numbers weren't nearly as bad that time but it's still possible.

Vaccines alone will not get us out of lockdown, not this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Of course it matters. We've already gotten ourselves out of lockdown with our behaviour alone. Ok, the numbers weren't nearly as bad that time but it's still possible.

Vaccines alone will not get us out of lockdown, not this year anyway.

Why do we have a less ambitious plan for the summer than last summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Yeah it’s hardly a lockdown at all is it. Almost half a million people on PUP aside like.

Lundstram wrote: »
    Are you for real? That line makes no sense whatsoever, like many of your posts.
    Nobody forcing you to read them. There's an ignore button there for a reason.
    We've had the longest lockdown of business in the world, not the EU, the world.

We've had the strictest lockdowns on average over the last year in the EU.
    OK, care to share the figures on this?

• Advertisement

Nobody forcing you to read them. There's an ignore button there for a reason.

No, I won't let the likes of you spew your nonsense unhindered.

Can you firstly provide a link proving we are in "lockdown in name only". Thanks.

No, I won't let the likes of you spew your nonsense unhindered.
    Nonsense? You asked "why do we have the strictest lockdown?". I answered "because we had the worst numbers". What did you think the reason was going to be???

It's not nonsense. It's actually the real answer. Stop throwing all your toys from the pram every time you hear something you don't want to hear. Behave like you are having an adult discussion on the topic!
    Can you firstly provide a link proving we are in "lockdown in name only". Thanks.
    I did not say we are in lockdown in name only!

I said "It's the strictest lockdown in name only". That's not a measurable scientific fact. It's an opinion. Can you tell the difference?? There are almost no consequences to breaching restrictions therefor, it's not strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Jaysus Scotty.

Lockdown only in name?

If you think that, I have to wonder what was your lifestyle before covid? Cutting your own hair? 30 mins outdoor walk a day? Dominos & Netflix 16 hours a day?

Nonsense? You asked "why do we have the strictest lockdown?". I answered "because we had the worst numbers". What did you think the reason was going to be???

It's not nonsense. It's actually the real answer. Stop throwing all your toys from the pram every time you hear something you don't want to hear. Behave like you are having an adult discussion on the topic!

I said "It's the strictest lockdown in name only". That's not a measurable scientific fact. It's an opinion. Can you tell the difference?? There are almost no consequences to breaching restrictions therefor, it's not strict.

Christ, another wall of nonsense to disect.

We had the worst numbers for a 2 week period. You do realise there's about another 25 countries in the EU who were also the worst at some stage but they aren't suffering the longest and strictest lockdown in the EU. Why's that?

No consequences? Around 16k have received fines for breaching 5km. A man went for a walk on a deserted beach alone and got fined. Peaceful protestors yesterday were told they will be fined. Many people fined for attending houses of their friends and family. Many more examples.

No consequences.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Ah sure open the pubs tomorrow then seeing as their is almost no consequences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Was the lockdown not to protect the healthcare system from becoming overwhelmed ? I would say we are probably there judging by the numbers in hospital and the ICU numbers.

Whats the obsession with continuing lockdown ?

There are almost no consequences to breaching restrictions therefor, it's not strict.

This is some line. I've read it a few times now in complete astonishment.

Imagine telling the 70k construction workers in this country this. The only country on planet Earth to have and continue to ban construction

Thank God we aren't in the middle of a housing crisis.

We had the worst numbers for a 2 week period. You do realise there's about another 25 countries in the EU who were also the worst at some stage but they aren't suffering the longest and strictest lockdown in the EU. Why's that?
    I don't know why that is but then again that wasn't the question you asked and wasn't the question I answered.

If you don't like my answer then explain why, or don't. I don't really care. But please stop upsetting yourself. You've clearly been unsettled by my answer. You probably shouldn't ask any more questions if this is how you're going to react. It's Paddy's day, go and enjoy it.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Ah sure open the pubs tomorrow then seeing as their is almost no consequences
    lol, you think there won't be lots open? I know of two or three within my 5k.

Big day today.

I find it so pathetic that other countries will be celebrating our national day, while NPHET are suggesting we stay indoors, while some in the govt want us to down pints of water altogether.

If this isnt embarrassing then I dont know what is.

I don't know why that is but then again that wasn't the question you asked and wasn't the question I answered.

If you don't like my answer then explain why, or don't. I don't really care. But please stop upsetting yourself. You've clearly been unsettled by my answer. You probably shouldn't ask any more questions if this is how you're going to react. It's Paddy's day, go and enjoy it.

Exactly, you don't know. Doesn't stop you posting utter nonsnense on here all day long.

I'm OK, thanks. You have averaged a lot more posts than myself over the last week so I think it's you who needs to go for some fresh air.

Can't enjoy Paddy's Day, we aren't allowed leave our homes, only for excercise and essential reasons, rememeber?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Jaysus Scotty.

Lockdown only in name?

If you think that, I have to wonder what was your lifestyle before covid? Cutting your own hair? 30 mins outdoor walk a day? Dominos & Netflix 16 hours a day?

I think scotty finds it hard to fathom what life might be like for others outside of planet scotty god love him! Or else it genuinely hasn’t changed much of his life which is even scarier!

Like almost 25% unemployment being a tiny proportion put out and how this lockdown will be longer than the first because people are choosing to visit woodies and the likes in huge numbers and they were more compliant and didn’t in the first lockdown!!

I'm OK, thanks. You have averaged a lot more posts than myself over the last week so I think it's you who needs to go for some fresh air.
    Ahh jaysus please tell me you haven't been spending your Paddy's day calculating my post count avg for the last 7 days?

the kelt wrote: »
    I think scotty finds it hard to fathom what life might be like for others outside of planet scotty god love him! Or else it genuinely hasn’t changed much of his life which is even scarier!

Like almost 25% unemployment being a tiny proportion put out and how this lockdown will be longer than the first because people are choosing to visit woodies and the likes in huge numbers and they were more compliant and didn’t in the first lockdown!!
    I didn't say it was lockdown in name only nor did i say anything about unemployment being of any proportion.

But hey, let's not let the truth get in the way of a good old personal attack on a poster!!

Ahh jaysus please tell me you haven't been spending your Paddy's day calculating my post count avg for the last 7 days?

I didn't need to check. I read the thread without posting every day and constantly have to suffer through your many garbage posts so they stick in the memory.

This will be my last post to you. Debate the subject at hand if you wish but I won't be engaging in personal tit for tat any longer as it ruins the thread for others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Firstly this:

I just cannot understand why we, Ireland have had to suffer the strictest and longest lockdown in all of Europe. Why? Why is no one in government asking this?

Because we had the worst figures in all of Europe.

Has that not been mentioned at least 50 times already in the thread??

Because they already know the answer... we had the worst figures in all of Europe.

In 31 of 40 countries in Europe the figures are rising. They'll soon have strict lockdowns too.

And then:

You acknowledge there’s a strict lockdown in one post and then claim there isn’t in your next post. Changing your narrative to suit your argument? Or do you have a clue what you’re posting at all? You’re contradicting yourself.

Beam me up Scotty #

This will be my last post to you.
    Promise?

Strictest lockdown only in name?!

Some people will just not acknowledge the biggest burden that majority face of their lifetime currently unless army are patrolling the streets.

Btw I think its that time of the day where I say weather seems to be very good outside. Gonna be a hot day.

Get your vitamin D.

Gardaí in Dublin are bracing themselves for a “difficult” St Patrick's Day as they grapple with up to eight separate protests and events due to take place in the city.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40245806.html

Thats just in Dublin. I have a feeling we will wake up a different nation tomorrow, I dont know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Gardaí in Dublin are bracing themselves for a “difficult” St Patrick's Day as they grapple with up to eight separate protests and events due to take place in the city.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40245806.html

Thats just in Dublin. I have a feeling we will wake up a different nation tomorrow, I dont know why.

Excellent news, the people are letting the government know that they have lost touch with what is really going on.... The leaders dishing out their lockdown demands have no idea what is going on in the homes and neighborhoods...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

No hunger to get out of lockdown? I think you are very much mistaken. No government wants to be unpopular. The longer we're in lockdown the less popular the gov are becoming.

Lots care. Lots are making an effort to stop the spread. But there seems to be an increasing number who don't care and that's extending things.

The number who don't care won't ever, and by the logic of some - surely these folk should have been infected months and months ago by now, therefore immune and their actions are harming nobody.

You are forgetting that immune people - either through vaccination or through recovery, are virtually no threat to carrying covid.

Does anyone else find whats going on extremely bizarre? We have government who dont want people to gather, and we have people who really want and do gather.

We have a housing crisis. We also have a government that shut down construction.

We have a nation that loves its drinks. We also have a government who wants us to drink water on paddys day.

Whats the common denominator?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Danno wrote: »
    The number who don't care won't ever, and by the logic of some - surely these folk should have been infected months and months ago by now, therefore immune and their actions are harming nobody.

You are forgetting that immune people - either through vaccination or through recovery, are virtually no threat to carrying covid.

This.
    We have had covid (young family) and the grandparents are partially vaccinated (first dose) . Yet they still won't come see us because the man on the telly says so. They are stopping us seeing each other for absolutely no reason. They have a duty to tell vaccinated and immune (for 6 months) that they can meet and not worry about covid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Monster249

Promise?

You're constantly on here with quite possibly some of the worst opinions I've ever seen. I'm glad others agree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement