Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Wife works in a Dublin hospital - already half a ward reopened with numbers building. I have a feeling numbers could be way up in the coming days.

I can't see how we can get from 500 - 600 cases / day to <200 given the current behaviours out there.

Funny that according to official numbers Covid App hospital data, there are 336 in hospital Covid positive. More discharges today than admissions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Wife works in a Dublin hospital - already half a ward reopened with numbers building. I have a feeling numbers could be way up in the coming days.

I can't see how we can get from 500 - 600 cases / day to <200 given the current behaviours out there.

Seasonality will get us there in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Emptur. wrote: »
    Doesn't seem anyway conclusive

I've noticed a lot of sudden death in young people lately

what :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tazz T wrote: »
    Seasonality will get us there in May.

It can't with mass testing going on and a dodgy pcr test which will still be picking up infections from January or before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Doesn't seem anyway conclusive

I've noticed a lot of sudden death in young people lately

No but it's what we have to go on now and doesn't support the increase in suicide claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

icebabycc wrote: »
    I've been lurking without an account for a while, but felt the need to register as your posts are always so optimistic

You've been disagreeing for a long time though.i can remember back in october when we went into the second lockdown you thought we would have a great Paddy's Day and could be open in Jan or Feb if we had a good lockdown, can remember you also posting something like the once the vulnerable were vaccinated we would have no restrictions.you said something in the lines of 90% of hospilisations are caused by 10% of the vulnerable or something you quoted Luke O'Neill I think, which has not been true for any country

Longtime lurker my arse. :pac: there’s more variants on this forum than covid 19

Anyway can’t remember mentioning about Paddy’s day to be honest.

The old and vulnerable haven’t been vaccinated yet, but by the end of the year we are coming to an end to this.;) it’s a different scenario than last year. But feel free if you think we’ll be in lockdown foreva.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ffs lockdown til the end of June, the end of ****ing June

Spineless cowards who won't stand up to NPHET

Everyone currently out of work should take their sweet time going back to work when they finally do manage to open up. They wanted to drag their feet with these lockdowns so the unemployed can drag their feet getting back to work to pay for them.

This is going to be another problem when they finally decide to open up. lack of confidence. Why open up your business or find a job [or back to it] when the Govt can shut us down again at any time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I can understand being reluctant to open a new business, but I would imagine most people are raring to get back to their shops, bars etc.

Will I bring up your old posts? Some of them are very cringey right now.what do you mean end of this, no more restrictions at the end of the year?, elaborate please, what's the end?

Give over, if you’re going to be a coward and hide behind a re reg jog on. Pathetic really. If you don’t know what end means get a dictionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I've been lurking without an account for a while, but felt the need to register as your posts are always so optimistic

You've been disagreeing for a long time though.i can remember back in october when we went into the second lockdown you thought we would have a great Paddy's Day and could be open in Jan or Feb if we had a good lockdown, can remember you also posting something like the once the vulnerable were vaccinated we would have no restrictions.you said something in the lines of 90% of hospilisations are caused by 10% of the vulnerable or something you quoted Luke O'Neill I think, which has not been true for any country

Lurking? Seems more like stalking.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Let's just all agree to stop bickering for 10-14 days to flatten the curve, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

The NHS in the UK has managed to inject more doses of the vaccine in ONE DAY than Ireland has in almost 3 MONTHS.

Blame supply til the cows come home but our government has done fcuk all to procure extra doses beyond the pathetic EU’s effort.

The US supplying Mexico and Canada as we speak but nothing for us. They haven’t even tried. The Russians aren’t to be trusted, apparently. The UK laughing at us.

Absolute shambles.

Tell me the end then?

When a mod realises your one of many accounts and bans you? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Emptur.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Let's just all agree to stop bickering for 10-14 days to flatten the curve, eh?

Pull together

Just 2 weeks left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Lundstram wrote: »
    The NHS in the UK has managed to inject more doses of the vaccine in ONE DAY than Ireland has in almost 3 MONTHS.
    1.1 MILLION full time staff in the NHS, 67k in the HSE. In no way are the two comparable.

Yes they are doing better with the vaccine but they have far more resources than us, approved the vaccine before we did, started jabbing before we did, and have better access to the manufacturer as they funded the development.
    Blame supply til the cows come home but our government has done fcuk all to procure extra doses beyond the pathetic EU’s effort.
    Not even a little bit true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Scotty # wrote: »
    1.1 MILLION full time staff in the NHS, 67k in the HSE. In no way are the two comparable.

Yes they are doing better with the vaccine but they have far more resources than us, approved the vaccine before we did, started jabbing before we did, and have better access to the manufacturer as they funded the development.

Not even a little bit true.

They have around 12 times our population and they have vaccinated around 35 times our vaccination rate.

You can spin it all you want, Scotty, the above is all anyone gives a sh1t about for the passed year.

However we are ahead of them in one regard. The man in charge of the HSE earns more than the person in charge of the NHS.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭aziz

They have around 12 times our population and they have vaccinated around 35 times our vaccination rate.

You can spin it all you want, Scotty, the above is all anyone gives a sh1t about for the passed year.

However we are ahead of them in one regard. The man in charge of the HSE earns more than the person in charge of the NHS.

Great stuff.

Plus the NHS has less funding per head of the population compared to the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Great stuff.

Anyone who thinks the UK ain't doing a great job on the vaccine roleout is just in denial......so ignore. Slag em off all you want about Brexit and Farage and whatever you want but on vaccinations they are miles ahead of us and the EU.

What is staggering about the above post (if true and I have no reason to doubt it, I just don't know) is that the head of the HSE is paid more than the NHS head. Just about sums it all up.....

With the vaccine roll out ongoing when do you see it coming under control without high level lockdowns?

Hopefully there won't be a highly resistant variant coming here in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

saabsaab wrote: »
    With the vaccine roll out ongoing when do you see it coming under control without high level lockdowns?

Hopefully there won't be a highly resistant variant coming here in the meantime.

One would need to exist first

• Advertisement

One would need to exist first

Of course but it is very possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oy one lockdown till Christmas, this one.

Pull together

Just 2 weeks left

Of course, we're all in it together.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,795 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

By under control do you mean 82000 at an All Ireland Final?

Or 70,000 at the Electric Picnic?

If it is, I voted for sometime next year.

The US supplying Mexico and Canada as we speak but nothing for us. They haven’t even tried. The Russians aren’t to be trusted, apparently. The UK laughing at us.

Absolute shambles.

Wow, just checked there and looks like you are right......

Shambles is being very kind.......

NIMAN wrote: »
    By under control do you mean 82000 at an All Ireland Final?

Or 70,000 at the Electric Picnic?

If it is, I voted for sometime next year.

All activities back with some number restrictions/precautions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Your poll is hidden op. I demand results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the UK ain't doing a great job on the vaccine roleout is just in denial......so ignore. Slag em off all you want about Brexit and Farage and whatever you want but on vaccinations they are miles ahead of us and the EU.

What is staggering about the above post (if true and I have no reason to doubt it, I just don't know) is that the head of the HSE is paid more than the NHS head. Just about sums it all up.....

Nobody has even suggested that,

It’s already under control as we have less than 100 in ICU in a country of 5M.

But I still think we’ll lockdown for as long as possible. They’re terrified to announce that they want people to staycation with no hospitality.

But it will eventually become impossible to keep people happy when all our neighbours and Europe are back to normal.

Unfortunately, we’ll be hit worse than most others economically due to our cowardly response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

You need to define 'under control'

We have cases of the flu and the cold every year all the time. Are they out of control?

There's no excuse not to fully open up after the at risk groups are vaccinated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement