Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,830 ✭✭✭buried

When the money is no longer there to pay the high ranked Civil Servants

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

You need to define 'under control'

We have cases of the flu and the cold every year all the time. Are they out of control?

There's no excuse not to fully open up after the at risk groups are vaccinated.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

You need to define 'under control'

We have cases of the flu and the cold every year all the time. Are they out of control?

There's no excuse not to fully open up after the at risk groups are vaccinated.

All activities back with some number restrictions/precautions.Covid cases not rising again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Your poll is hidden op. I demand results!

Don't want voting to influence anyone. Results in 7 Days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

saabsaab wrote: »
    All activities back with some number restrictions/precautions.Covid cases not rising again.

March 15th 2022 at 6.20pm ;-)

Seriously though, no pandemic in the history of major pandemics has lasted less than two years (as per WHO if I'm not mistaken)

And yes we have vaccines and more coming. but there's also variants and - generally speaking - a not fit for purpose "government" in charge of all this and the EU generally making a balls of things

People can say they're "abandoning da restrictions" all they like. The virus doesn't care or know this

It doesn't give a fcuk

So I think it'll be March next year till we see things like concerts over 300 people, sporting events with large crowds etc

That's what I'm preparing for mentally. Anything better is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Nobody has even suggested that,

I've had several posters tell me ireland were going to be in a better position than the uk because weve been giving more people their second dose than they were. that argument has come to mean jack ****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    March 15th 2022 at 6.20pm ;-)

Seriously though, no pandemic in the history of major pandemics has lasted less than two years (as per WHO if I'm not mistaken)

And yes we have vaccines and more coming. but there's also variants and - generally speaking - a not fit for purpose "government" in charge of all this and the EU generally making a balls of things

People can say they're "abandoning da restrictions" all they like. The virus doesn't care or know this

It doesn't give a fcuk

So I think it'll be March next year till we see things like concerts over 300 people, sporting events with large crowds etc

That's what I'm preparing for mentally. Anything better is a bonus

The virus also doesn't care about government ministers wanting to go to golf junkets or RTE retirement either surely

ypres5 wrote: »
    I've had several posters tell me ireland were going to be in a better position than the uk because weve been giving people their second dose than they were. that argument has come to mean jack ****

Yeah but it's handy when someone makes such an idiotic claim so you know you can discount their future posts.

GT89 wrote: »
    The virus also doesn't care about government ministers wanting to go to golf junkets or RTE retirement either surely

Yes that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,795 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It’s already under control as we have less than 100 in ICU in a country of 5M.

But I still think we’ll lockdown for as long as possible. They’re terrified to announce that they want people to staycation with no hospitality.

But it will eventually become impossible to keep people happy when all our neighbours and Europe are back to normal.

Unfortunately, we’ll be hit worse than most others economically due to our cowardly response.

When all our neighbours and Europe are back to normal.

You do realise parts of Europe are going back into even stricter lockdowns than we have ever had?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Don't want voting to influence anyone. Results in 7 Days.

No instant result, no vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Lundstram wrote: »
    They have around 12 times our population and they have vaccinated around 35 times our vaccination rate.

You can spin it all you want, Scotty, the above is all anyone gives a sh1t about for the passed year.

However we are ahead of them in one regard. The man in charge of the HSE earns more than the person in charge of the NHS.

Great stuff.

there are people who'll defend our well recompensed politicians and health officials blindly to the hilt. It's a strange hill to die on but some choose to. our vaccine rollout and the wider eu effort has been piss poor, I hope I'm proven wrong on this but I don't see it changing any time soon

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

With the vaccine roll out ongoing when do you see it coming under control without high level lockdowns?

But the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus nor passing it on, it just means you probably won't be impacted too much if you catch it and probably won't die of it. But it also does not seem to prevent you from passing it on.

So it is still possible we'll need lockdowns etc to control things for a few years to come. We're still a while a way from getting to the point that we can develop variations quickly, manufacture, distribute and inoculate like we can for say flu.

So I'd say 2023, before we can mindlessly decide to go to concert or a sport with 70k in the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,664 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When NPHET are put in place and the Government come up with a plan to live with the virus

well be waiting a while

NIMAN wrote: »
    When all our neighbours and Europe are back to normal.

You do realise parts of Europe are going back into even stricter lockdowns than we have ever had?

Because we never left

Jim2007 wrote: »
    But the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus nor passing it on, it just means you probably won't be impacted too much if you catch it and probably won't die of it. But it also does not seem to prevent you from passing it on.

So it is still possible we'll need lockdowns etc to control things for a few years to come. We're still a while a way from getting to the point that we can develop variations quickly, manufacture, distribute and inoculate like we can for say flu.

So I'd say 2023, before we can mindlessly decide to go to concert or a sport with 70k in the crowd.

It will greatly reduce the chance to pass it on.

'Vaccines can protect against transmission by reducing a person's viral load, or how much virus is present in the body, said Dr. Becky Smith, an associate professor of medicine at Duke University. "Theoretically, by reducing your viral load, it should prevent your ability to transmit to others,"

Jim2007 wrote: »

We won’t have money or public support for lockdowns into 2023.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,006 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've predicted early 2022 on another thread, I'm sticking to that. EU has around 10% of its citizens vaccinated, I've zero confidence in our roll-out. Yesterday the EMA gave a yes, but no but yes decision on AZ, some EU countries still not budging and Germany just announced only over 55 to get AZ, seems ironic given I'd have guessed blood clotting and stroke affects older people more than younger.

I'm pro vacinne but I fear AZ"s reputation has been battered and that's a simple FACT, Not help with by the ongoing fued with THE EU president.

Meanwhile numerous EU countries witnessing surges in New infections and introducing new restrictions and lockdowns.

So, not really much to be cheerful about

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    AZ
    some EU countries still not budging and Germany just announced only over 55 to get AZ, seems ironic given I'd have guessed blood clotting and stroke affects older people more than younger.

Utterly bizarre decision

Surely AZ should be lobbed into under 55s first and foremost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BlueSkys102

With the vaccine roll out ongoing when do you see it coming under control without high level lockdowns?

Hopefully there won't be a highly resistant variant coming here in the meantime.

Honestly they need to pick up the pace with the rollout of vaccines, its abit ridiculous now. I never voice my opinion on the government on forums but I'm totally fed up of it all and would like to see my family and hug my mother.
    I know nphet are there for recommendations on the health service but hearing that they want to extend lockdown until June just really got me down today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the UK ain't doing a great job on the vaccine roleout is just in denial......so ignore. Slag em off all you want about Brexit and Farage and whatever you want but on vaccinations they are miles ahead of us and the EU.

What is staggering about the above post (if true and I have no reason to doubt it, I just don't know) is that the head of the HSE is paid more than the NHS head. Just about sums it all up.....

Where are the HSE and Irish government going to magic more vaccines from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Germany now purchasing Sputnik vaccine from Russia alone. They have a contract in place to purchase if it’s approved.

Meanwhile, Ireland, one of the richest nations per capita in the EU stand idly by while it’s people suffer the longest level 5 lockdown in Europe and the 2nd longest on the planet.

People have been confined to their county for 179 days of the last 185 days, majority of this was a 5km restriction murmurs of it continuing until June.

If you question this you’re a far right nutcase. If you break the rules, you’re selfish.

We have a FG minister more interested in changing the name of a regional newspaper so as to not upset a few feminists.

This is Ireland.

Honestly they need to pick up the pace with the rollout of vaccines, its abit ridiculous now. I never voice my opinion on the government on forums but I'm totally fed up of it all and would like to see my family and hug my mother.
    I know nphet are there for recommendations on the health service but hearing that they want to extend lockdown until June just really got me down today

Yes, don't know how unless we get more elsewhere though. Put in for some from Russia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

She should have been tarred and feathered that evening, no harm send a message to the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Hold firm, just a few more weeks.

Highlight, Ctrl + C and in a few more weeks Ctrl + V

Repeat ad infinitum as long as the people keep bleating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Germany now purchasing Sputnik vaccine from Russia alone. They have a contract in place to purchase if it’s approved.

Meanwhile, Ireland, one of the richest nations per capita in the EU stand idly by while it’s people suffer the longest level 5 lockdown in Europe and the 2nd longest on the planet.

People have been confined to their county for 179 days of the last 185 days, majority of this was a 5km restriction murmurs of it continuing until June.

If you question this you’re a far right nutcase. If you break the rules, you’re selfish.

We have a FG minister more interested in changing the name of a regional newspaper so as to not upset a few feminists.

This is Ireland.

What about the 6pm curfew in France?
    Maybe we need one of those?

"I'm not going to speculate about lifting restrictions but I will speculate about extending them." Leadership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

[/QUOTE

Confused
    Purchasing or contract in place when approved
    And don’t see either out there (are looking at it)
    And my guess there will be a shortage there as well...5.5% vaccinated in Russia...less then EU

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement