Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Lundstram wrote: »
    Germany now purchasing Sputnik vaccine from Russia alone. They have a contract in place to purchase if it’s approved.

Meanwhile, Ireland, one of the richest nations per capita in the EU stand idly by while it’s people suffer the longest level 5 lockdown in Europe and the 2nd longest on the planet.

People have been confined to their county for 179 days of the last 185 days, majority of this was a 5km restriction murmurs of it continuing until June.

If you question this you’re a far right nutcase. If you break the rules, you’re selfish.

We have a FG minister more interested in changing the name of a regional newspaper so as to not upset a few feminists.

This is Ireland.

In fairness the pandemic is a minor issue in comparison to the national scandal of the 'Kerryman' . Next month while flapping around finding some other reason not to buy vaccines outside of the EU fiasco agreement they can handle the scandal of the councils still talking about 'manhole covers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

What about the 6pm curfew in France?
    Maybe we need one of those?

Good idea, I will ring Holohan now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    In fairness the pandemic is a minor issue in comparison to the national scandal of the 'Kerryman' . Next month while flapping around finding some other reason not to buy vaccines outside of the EU fiasco agreement they can handle the scandal of the councils still talking about 'manhole covers'.

Ireland is the woke capital of the world. Her and the education minister are bi-products of our attempts at equality. In any ordinary country, these two would be stacking shelves in Tesco not given jobs in government.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,054 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Try this thread or the main one

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,054 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ireland is the woke capital of the world. Her and the education minister are bi-products of our attempts at equality. In any ordinary country, these two would be stacking shelves in Tesco not given jobs in government.
    Back on topic please. We have 2 entire forums where politics can be readily discussed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

ypres5 wrote: »
    I've had several posters tell me ireland were going to be in a better position than the uk because weve been giving more people their second dose than they were. that argument has come to mean jack ****

I tend to agree with you but a bit too early to be definitive about it really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

When will it end? Vaccinations should end it and soon. This should hopefully include new variants as the world vaccinates and they can't develop and spread. Patience is needed until we get there, probably at the end of June (over 2,000,000 by then here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Funny that according to official numbers Covid App hospital data, there are 336 in hospital Covid positive. More discharges today than admissions.

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/hospitals-icu--testing

ICU numbers rising on this data set. 7 admitted to ICU, 2 discharged in the last 24 hours.

Beasty wrote: »
    Try this thread or the main one
    Merged so you now have the poll here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,810 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We could be at the beginning of our phase of the 4th wave now sweeping across Europe.

We have to be super cautious for the next while if we are to avoid a sharp ascent.

People may he frustrated but the public health advice is 100% appropriate for the risks ahead.

• Advertisement

We could be at the beginning of our phase of the 4th wave now sweeping across Europe.

We have to be super cautious for the next while if we are to avoid a sharp assent.

People may he frustrated but the public health advice is 100% appropriate for the risks ahead

Absolute bull crap. We are the 3rd longest lockdown after those ''progressive'' nations of Eritrea and Cuba. Nphet have ignored most of the WHO's advice. They are cowboys covering up for their own shambolic mismanagement of the health service. Nothing else.

Anyone genuinely believing that those Nphet suits have your health in mind are complete and utter nutters. These shysters are no more than top-paid civil servants who have run the HSE shambolically for years. Any spike in cases should ordinarily be dealt with easily, with the right funds going in the right direction only these overpaid shysters have thrown billions down the drain

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We have to be super cautious for the next while if we are to avoid a sharp ascent.

People may he frustrated but the public health advice is 100% appropriate for the risks ahead.

Only 3rd wave in Europe, we are 1 ahead of them. Another sucess story for nphet.

Absolute bull crap. We are the 3rd longest lockdown after those ''progressive'' nations of Eritrea and Cuba. Nphet have ignored most of the WHO's advice. They are cowboys covering up for their own shambolic mismanagement of the health service. Nothing else.

I disagree. The health advice is correct in my view.

We all have to do our part to help as we are in a precarious phase where progress could be reversed in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

What would your approach be? Open it all up now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

It will end around Summer 2022 I think.

Level 5 until June
    Level 3 June to mid August
    Level 5 mid August to March/April 2022

If you think I’m crazy then look at NPHETS form. This lockdown will have lasted 6 months by the time it’s over. Once the weather begins to cool down again and schools go back, they will sh*t the course, along with the government (whether that be the same gov as now I don’t know) and introduce level 5 again.

The vaccine rollout will be completed during the summer of 2022, maybe later. Most of Europe will be wide open long before us. Most people travelling up north to go on foreign holidays.

The reality of the situation will have set in then economically and psychologically for most. Most people are coasting now, not realising they’re going to have to pay for all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

saabsaab wrote: »

No no no no, ****en no. Nobody is saying this. Let's start with construction and click and collect, this ridiculous 5km thing, not being able to meet someone in your backyard. Any of the above. Why is the rest of the world able to give something back but we can't. We are ****ing pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,795 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There was an expert on Claire Byrne's radio show this morning, who basically said that he cannot understand why outdoor sports and outdoor socializing isn't allowed, as there is no evidence to suggest it contributes to the spread. He fully understands indoor restrictions, but not outdoors.

And its very rare I would agree with anything the church says, but there was a bishop on the same show who said he wouldn't turn worshippers away "if Sainsburys didn't have to turn them away". He had a point. Not allowed 50 people into a massive church but my local Supervalu car park had no spaces today, the
    store was rammed. Can't remember the last time I seen a supermarket counting people going in.

This old chestnut. :rolleyes:

No, no one is saying that at all.

Lose the 5km restriction, it's inhumane. Countywide travel, merge small counties like Leitrim, Carlow, Louth etc with a bigger neighbouring county.

All construction to return, we have a slight problem with housing in this country.

Outdoor team sports to start again, should never have stopped.

Click and collect to return.

Barbers/hairdressers by appointment only.

College students to return for 2 days per week, there's 1st year students who havent stepped foot inside their college, that's a scandal in itself. Fees remained the same. Landlords refused to return deposits. That led to the situation in Limerick.

Ronan Glynn had some neck yesterday asking us to do a little bit more, what the hell are our government doing?

Pissing about today and for the next few days getting the AZ vaccine back up and running whiles there's countries who suspended it AFTER us vaccinating with it TODAY!

Mike Ryan is urging people to take personal responsibility, says spread has reached inflection point toward the wrong direction.

https://m.independent.ie/videos/dr-mike-ryan-the-virus-is-getting-better-and-were-getting-worse-40216140.html

What he says about the hope of vaccines driving more natural irresponsibility is spot on.

Hopefully people don't let their guard down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,795 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You just get the feeling a lot of the population have had it up to here at this stage.

I again heard 'promises'/predictions today that by end June we should have most adults vaccinated in this country. A million vaccinated for April, May and June. Now if I was a betting man, I'd hazard a guess that there will be some spanner in the works, be it the Gov's doing, or something outside their control.

If summer is cancelled in Ireland this year, good luck to the Gov trying to sell that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Glaceon

At this rate I feel like it will never end. “But the variants...” is all we keep hearing nowadays. Mentally, I won’t be able to cope with this for much longer, I’m already having dark thoughts. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    It will end around Summer 2022 I think.

Level 5 until June
    Level 3 June to mid August
    Level 5 mid August to March/April 2022

If you think I’m crazy then look at NPHETS form. This lockdown will have lasted 6 months by the time it’s over. Once the weather begins to cool down again and schools go back, they will sh*t the course, along with the government (whether that be the same gov as now I don’t know) and introduce level 5 again.

The vaccine rollout will be completed during the summer of 2022, maybe later. Most of Europe will be wide open long before us. Most people travelling up north to go on foreign holidays.

The reality of the situation will have set in then economically and psychologically for most. Most people are coasting now, not realising they’re going to have to pay for all of this.

That’s a depressing read for a Friday night! luckily only an opinion, all be it an opinion with such conviction.

What is the rest of Europe doing? What are the Germans doing with 34 days of lost work compared to our 170 or so? 25% of the working population are out of work. Do you honestly think there is no trade-off to all of this??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

NIMAN wrote: »
    You just get the feeling a lot of the population have had it up to here at this stage.

I again heard 'promises'/predictions today that by end June we should have most adults vaccinated in this country. A million vaccinated for April, May and June. Now if I was a betting man, I'd hazard a guess that there will be some spanner in the works, be it the Gov's doing, or something outside their control.

If summer is cancelled in Ireland this year, good luck to the Gov trying to sell that.

Well here in Switzerland, they now have a factory on line capable of delivering 300m doses per year, so that is an extra 1m doses per day going forward. So things are moving in the right way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

No we're not. We're third in Europe after Italy and UK. We're about 40th in the world overall. About a month ago we were third and I pointed that out at the time, apologies if that was not expressed clearly.

I'm at the point where the lockdown seems crazy to me.

Glaceon wrote: »
    At this rate I feel like it will never end. “But the variants...” is all we keep hearing nowadays. Mentally, I won’t be able to cope with this for much longer, I’m already having dark thoughts. :(

Keep your head up. This is horrible for a lot of people, we don't hear from the ordinary Joe on TV. We hear from 100k+ salaried politicians and NPHET members.

There's folk suffering in silence.

Go do what you have to do to keep sane. You only live once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

I disagree. The health advice is correct in my view.

We all have to do our part to help as we are in a precarious phase where progress could be reversed in the next couple of weeks.

What progress.we’re still at level 5 whatever your having urself since October and it’s failed.

NIMAN wrote: »

We have missed the target by 20k and 30k the last two weeks respectively. The EU has fannied about the past few months approving several vaccines while the UK and US are pushing ahead with theirs. Of course, the good ol Irish have to do what their mammy, the EU, tells them and stay inline while other EU countries have seen them for what they are and gone their own way and ordered the likes of Sputnik

• Advertisement

Keep your head up. This is horrible for a lot of people, we don't hear from the ordinary Joe on TV. We hear from 100k+ salaried politicians and NPHET members.

There's folk suffering in silence.

Go do what you have to do to keep sane. You only live once.

Its all useless politicians fault that we are in this mess and it's all their fault that we cant get out of it as quickly as possible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement