Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

RTE had some professor in yesterday saying because of the new variants that evade some vaccines Ireland will be in lockdown for the whole of 2021.

Far right anti vaccine ISAG losers

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Yeah, all the elderly folks around here having a parties. I hear ya.

Tea parties

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

I don't think anyone suggested that, seriously. Just sit tight till most of the nation gets vaccinated. Simple.

Well that is a message that the government needs to get out there.

Vaccinate everyone over (x) age and then we will lift all legal restrictions.

Simple.

ujjjjjjjjj wrote: »
    Well that is a message that the government needs to get out there.

Vaccinate everyone over (x) age and then we will lift all legal restrictions.

Simple.

Imagine a message like that coming from MM. We’d fall over ourselves.
    Leo definitely would’ve thrown a fit by now.
    Good job he’s only got a year and a bit left yet of MM.

Scotty # wrote: »
    I agree with both of you but I think it may have an influence on international travel for a while. May have!!!

Having said that, I think any such variant will most likely already be in the country before we're even aware it exists.

I think that's a good point, the variants by the time we.pick em up are well spread anyway so it's a pointless exercise for the most point......

Nothing we do from here will give us entire or total protection even with vaccines.

It is called life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

That's assuming he isn't eating porridge in mountjoy by then

Problem is Mehole or Leo the Leak will have to ask his Excellency Emperor Holohan and he ain't going to say it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,810 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That's not acceptable though and a people are starting to feel the same, evidenced by the stagnation of case decline. how can you sit there and happily accept that the Government has no plan but lockdown until vaccinations are complete?

They've made a balls of everything and no one seems to care.

We are in the middle of a pandemic and this is the gig.

You'll have to be patient.

ypres5 wrote: »
    That's assuming he isn't eating porridge in mountjoy by then

Lol imagine Leo in jail.
    Soz but I’m a fan of his. And if Bertie isn’t in jail, or Leo won’t be going either I’m afraid :D

Problem is Mehole or Leo the Leak will have to ask his Excellency Emperor Holohan and he ain't going to say it.....

I honestly dread the day he comes back. Anyone remember that last **** show? Hulahoop blew a vessel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I honestly dread the day he comes back. Anyone remember that last **** show? Hulahoop blew a vessel!

Poor hooligan.
    He won’t be able to hit level 5 upon his return this time.

dalyboy wrote: »
    Poor hooligan.

Wave 4....and some more of his letters.......should keep him ticking along.

dalyboy wrote: »
    Poor hooligan.

Unless he invents level 6 which I wouldn’t put past him at this stage!
    Lock everyone up! Forget life! It’s too dangerous!

Just another 14 days to flatten the curve and remember we are all in this together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,473 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Scotty # wrote: »
    How on earth have you come to the conclusion I think vaccines don't work? I never said the vaccines don't work. In fact I literally posted a list of them with their efficacy. What I did say is that in my opinion, vaccines will not get us to herd immunity this year. That does not mean I think they don't work....
    To be fair to that poster, they seem to think we’ll get the effect of herd immunity with the c. 60% vaccination. And if you don’t agree with them on that, they think you believe vaccines don’t work.

I’ve tried explaining that c.60% of total population vaccinated would bring great benefits in reduced hospitalisation and deaths, but it it’s uncertain if it will mean we can go the whole winter without restrictions as we would expect with herd immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

That's not acceptable though and a people are starting to feel the same, evidenced by the stagnation of case decline. how can you sit there and happily accept that the Government has no plan but lockdown until vaccinations are complete?

They've made a balls of everything and no one seems to care.

That's not acceptable etc.... How about you show us your plan? How would you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

To be fair to that poster, they seem to think we’ll get the effect of herd immunity with the c. 60% vaccination. And if you don’t agree with them on that, they think you believe vaccines don’t work.

You seem to think? You’re talking out your hoop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

That's not acceptable etc.... How about you show us your plan? How would you do?

he's not being paid a six figure salary to come up with an alternative, although we don't seem to be getting much value for money with our current shower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Unless he invents level 6 which I wouldn’t put past him at this stage!
    Lock everyone up! Forget life! It’s too dangerous!

Enforced body suits of bubble wrap for anyone leaving their bedrooms.
    Better to be safe than sorry.
    It’s only until we roll out the vaccines ...... and defeat the variants ........ and then etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Let's look at the rest of the world maybe, nearly every country in Europe has a plan but no your happy to Lap up any bull**** nphey tell you. 2 more weeks and let's all try harder. Its pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's all very well for you, you are making a lot of money out of this but others are not as fortunate. I'd be spouting the same rubbish if I was in your position.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    You seem to think? You’re talking out your hoop again.
    Ok

Well, it’s what you said you think - at c. 60% vaccination, you described the benefits of herd immunity. I asked you the difference between what you described would happen at 60% vaccination and herd immunity and you wouldn’t answer that question.

Ok

Well, it’s what you said you think - at c. 60% vaccination, you described the benefits of herd immunity. I asked you the difference between what you described would happen at 60% vaccination and herd immunity and you wouldn’t answer that question.

Once again i answered the question. I never i think that. Show me the post where i said i think there would be herd immunity at 60%. Or stop making things up.

Once again i answered the question. Show me the post where i said i think there would be herd immunity at 60%.

I said you described the benefits of herd immunity, not that to you used the term “herd immunity”. You also couldn’t describe the difference between what you described and herd immunity - I can only assume that was because they were the same thing

You didn’t answer the question I asked, you just restated yourself opinion that we won’t need restrictions. But that wasn’t what I asked - I asked what was the difference between the situation you described and herd immunity. You didn’t touch that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

johnire wrote: »
    My heart bleeds for them- most of them of indulged, spoilt brats who can’t string two sentences together without having to check Google first.

I read your first sentence, Google not working for you it seems. The irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Pretty bleak future, yeah right.. The only blame goes on clowns who are not able to follow the basics, simple basics to limit the spread. If the clowns are mostly in younger generation, oh well..

What about those that had the party on the bridge in Prague, are they clowns?, saw quite a few elderly people in the BBC online photos. That worked out well didn't it?

I said you described the benefits of herd immunity, not that to you used the term “herd immunity”. You also couldn’t describe the difference between what you described and herd immunity - I can only assume that was because they were the same thing

You didn’t answer the question I asked, you just restated yourself opinion that we won’t need restrictions. But that wasn’t what I asked - I asked what was the difference between the situation you described and herd immunity. You didn’t touch that question.

I’ll explain to you again. Now read it slowly. The reason lockdowns are because of the hospitals and the old and vulnerable.

The figure of 60% you magically come up with will be most of those people I mentioned, that will be vaccinated. When that happens restrictions will be eased. Hospitalizations and deaths will plummet. That’s what the UK are doing with their roadmap and we’ll follow suit shortly afterwards.

No one knows what percentage actual herd immunity will be achieved.

Just another 14 days to flatten the curve and remember we are all in this together.

Just "suck it up", the rallying cry of the comfortable. Do what you're told and let your superiors do your thinking for you. Hang in there a little bit longer, your opinion isn't worth a jot and your struggles irrelevant. And don't forget to genuflect towards Dublin at 6pm daily for the NPHET presser, failing that you can flog yourself with an olive branch.

Those promoting fawning subservience towards NPHET & the Government are truly pitiful creatures.

Mod: Banned for continually being uncivil

I’ll explain to you again. Now read it slowly. The reason lockdowns are because of the hospitals and the old and vulnerable.

The figure of 60% you magically come up with will be most of those people I mentioned, that will be vaccinated. When that happens restrictions will be eased. Hospitalizations and deaths will plummet. That’s what the UK are doing with their roadmap and we’ll follow suit shortly afterwards.

No one knows what percentage actual herd immunity will be achieved.

I agree that vaccinating c.60% total population, hospitalisation and death will be mitigated by the vaccine. But whether or not we’ll need restrictions next winter, remains to be seen.

60% total population is 80% of adults, which is about as much as we can hope for by this winter as the vaccine isn’t expected to be approved for children by then.

• Advertisement

I agree that vaccinating c.60% total population, hospitalisation and death will be mitigated by the vaccine. But whether or not we’ll need restrictions next winter, remains to be seen.

60% total population is 80% of adults, which is about as much as we can hope for by this winter as the vaccine isn’t expected to be approved for children by then.

Yes you could be right whether we’ll need restrictions or not next winter. However in my opinion i think it’s doubtful, i don’t think there will be, not enough to affect normality. That’s my opinion and sticking to it. We’ll be in a totally different place by the end of the year.

You don’t know if children won’t be vaccinated later in the year. They vaccinated
    the first 36 week pregnant woman in the USA this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement