Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Chin up people. Results from the Astra Zeneca trials in the USA are out. They have found 79% efficacy and 100% against serious illness.
    link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

deckie66 wrote: »
    You do realise that the 3rd Amendment of the Constitution as voted for by the overwhelming majority of the people in 1972 recognises the primacy of EU law over irish law, including the Constitution, in areas of competence.

Don't bother, to him that was an illegal vote. He recognises the 32 county republic that doesn't exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

deckie66 wrote: »
    You do realise that the 3rd Amendment of the Constitution as voted for by the overwhelming majority of the people in 1972 recognises the primacy of EU law over irish law, including the Constitution, in areas of competence.

The whole point of being independent is that you can then make appropriate arrangements with other independent nations, if you want to.

A free person may marry another free person and pool their resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

Micky 32 wrote: »

Excellent stuff, now if we could just get more than 9 doses per day we'll be doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

11521323 wrote: »
    Excellent stuff, now if we could just get more than 9 doses per day we'll be doing well.

Think I read last night that the UK jabbed almost 900,000 arms in 24 hours...

And we did 300... not thousand... JUST 300, the sunday previous.

Can't believe the utter Sh1tE our govt. KEEPS getting away with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Hooked wrote: »

The Irish had a chance last week to empathically show that they're fed up. And they chose to stay home. At some point the Irish will have to admit that they're getting what they deserve for their cowardice.

I'm off to email more CVs. I ain't paying for this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

It’s funny they use the supply excuse daily, so was there 300 vaccines left on that Sunday? Was there fcuk.

Our health service is a pathetic joke.

The NHS is how a health service should be ran. Those in the HSE management are all in it for financial gain.

There is 650 staff on €100k+ in the HSE who do not interact with patients. Reid himself takes in a disgusting €420k per year.

This is where our yearly €20 billion investment in Health is going, underworked, overpaid pen pushers.

It will amount to more than €30 billion in 2021.

The wastage of money is shocking.

We are all paying for this now with our freedoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I've been staying at home all the time, wearing a mask anytime I go to a shop for over a year now.
    I started wearing a mask before anyone else was wearing a mask.
    I only went out a couple of times when restrictions were eased in December.
    I'm so fed up of this now.
    Lockdown isn't working.
    A year of restrictions and we're still stuck in it.
    The government aren't doing enough to stop this.
    They're punishing their own people for nothing.
    If everybody stayed 2 metres away from each other, didn't act the bollix, did what they're supposed to do, if the government weren't letting people into the country from everywhere and did their effing job and not just talk complete horsecrap and lies the numbers should then be down to zero.
    I'm so bloody fed up of this bs.
    I want to get a job.
    I want to learn to drive.

I have glasses and if I wear a mask with my glasses they instantly fog up and I can't see anything so I can't learn how to drive.
    My life has been stuck in limbo for a year thanks to the incompetent useless government who are making a balls of everything and just forcing everyone to stay in their homes for nothing.
    F*CK this f*cking sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

AdamD wrote: »

How could they not get away with it when there is so little accountability?

Worse than that, there is an alarming number of people prepared to justify anything the government does, regardless of whether it was good or not.

For some people on here there is nothing, absolutely nothing that they would not bend over backwards trying to justify on behalf of the government. They have picked their side and will defend it to the very death.

At this point I believe that this country and its people deserve everything it gets.

• Advertisement

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I've been staying at home all the time, wearing a mask anytime I go to a shop for over a year now.
    Lockdown isn't working.
    If everybody stayed 2 metres away from each other, didn't act the bollix, did what they're supposed to do, if the government weren't letting people into the country from everywhere and did their effing job and not just talk complete horsecrap and lies the numbers should then be down to zero.
    I want to get a job.

I have glasses and if I wear a mask with my glasses they instantly fog up and I can't see anything so I can't learn how to drive.
    My life has been stuck in limbo for a year thanks to the incompetent useless government who are making a balls of everything and just forcing everyone to stay in their homes for nothing.
    F*CK this f*cking sh1t.

Just replying in support...

I have a job.
    My wife has a job.
    We've no kids.
    No financial worries...
    But, that's not the point...

AND WE TOO ARE DEMENTED!!!

How could they not get away with it when there is so little accountability?

Worse than that, there is an alarming number of people prepared to justify anything the government does, regardless of whether it was good or not.

For some people on here there is nothing, absolutely nothing that they would not bend over backwards trying to justify on behalf of the government. They have picked their side and will defend it to the very death.

At this point I believe that this country and its people deserve everything it gets.

Hard to argue with you...

They did over 2.2 million between Friday and Sunday and we have only done over 600k since January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

They did over 2.2 million between Friday and Sunday and we have only done over 600k since January

Yeah you've got to hand it to the UK. I knew they'd take this blitz mentality- everyone lined up, army involved, everyone qualified rowing in.

Here we are farting about why not use local GAA halls sitting idle since january? Or local school halls? An abysmal failure. When this does look like its easing, we will all be trapped in this island longer than we need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LameBeaver

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Lockdown isn't working.
    I want to get a job.

F*CK this f*cking sh1t.

The point is that many are not. So whose fcuking fault is that? The government? I don`t think so chief.

They've over 1,500,000 NHS workers.

We've 67,000 HSE workers.

So their health service is about 22.5 times the size of ours.

Now, what you could be asking is.... if we've a shortage of supply and we've still managed to do 13.25 jabs per 100 population... how on earth have they, with all their enormous resources and unlimited supply of vaccines only managed to jab 43.99 per 100 population? Because, per head of health care staff, they are doing terrible compared to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Yeah you've got to hand it to the UK. I knew they'd take this blitz mentality- everyone lined up, army involved, everyone qualified rowing in.

Here we are farting about why not use local GAA halls sitting idle since january? Or local school halls? An abysmal failure. When this does look like its easing, we will all be trapped in this island longer than we need to.

Perhaps because we don't actually have the vials of vaccines to give?

Here we are farting about why not use local GAA halls sitting idle since january? Or local school halls?

For what? All the talk of logistics, vaccination centres and all the rest is basically moot while we have no supply.
    They're talking about what, 42 mass vaccination centres I think? Bear in mind we're unlikely to ever do more than 30k shots per day. To think that GPs, pharmacies and maybe a handful of big centres (Dublin, Cork, maybe Limerick) couldn't take care of it is a nonsense. A middling-population county like Louth has about 2.5% of the country's population. Even forgetting the elderly and children that means they'll get around 750 shots per day at peak. Quick google and there's around 50 pharmacies in the county. Even forgetting GPs that's 15 shots per day per pharmacy for a short period when we're doing our maximum rate of vaccinations.

It's all just busy work and giving the appearance that there's amazing work happening. If they do want to go down the centralised route there are under-utilised hospitals all over the place. It doesn't need to be that much work.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Scotty # wrote: »

Now, what you could be asking is.... if we've a shortage of supply and we've still managed to do 13.25 jabs per 100 population... how on earth have they, with all their enormous resources and unlimited supply of vaccines only managed to jab 43.99 per 100 population? Because, per head of health care staff, they are doing terrible compared to us.

They're doing terrible... I don't think so... They have dates for restriction easing, with a total easing planned already... this country has **** all. So defend them all you like, the tangible evidence looks a whole lot different

Scotty # wrote: »

Their population is 15x ours sp by population their health service (ignoring all the private medicine in this country) is 1.5x the size.
    Why would you divide by population when you've already divided up above. If you want to go by workers rather than population then they're still at double our level.
    But I'm sure you'll claim your maths couldn't possibly be wrong or misleading.

Using your figures they've done roughly 20 shots per member of staff (30 million/1.5million) while we've done about 9 (623,000/67,000).

• Advertisement

Just a copy of some info I posted elsewhere.......

As of Fri.......
    Total 1st Dose Vaccines Administered 487,466
    Total 2nd Dose Vaccines Administered 181,063
    Total Vaccines Administered 668,529

Group 3 are to be done by Mid May (over 70s) ........ Group 4 might well drag on beyond that (People aged 16 to 69 who are at very high risk) but the J&J vaccine which is a single shot is coming on stream in April and we are getting 600k J&J doses in April, May 7 June along with 3.2m other vaccine doses.

So in Q2 we'll have 600k J&J vaccines and enough other vaccines to vaccinate 1.6m people........... that's 2.2m done in Q2 if we can get the doses into arms not including the 500k that are half-done now.

Guts of 3m done by end of June potentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

What’s the point of this analysis? I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying but how can we vaccinate people if we don’t physically have the vaccine in the first place!?
    The product isn’t there to give to people- that’s the issue.
    Their population is 15x ours sp by population their health service (ignoring all the private medicine in this country) is 1.5x the size.

Why would you divide by population when you've already divided up above. If you want to go by workers rather than population then they're still at double our level.
    But I'm sure you'll claim your maths couldn't possibly be wrong or misleading.

Using your figures they've done roughly 20 shots per member of staff (30 million/1.5million) while we've done about 9 (623,000/67,000).

johnire wrote: »
    What’s the point of this analysis? I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying but how can we vaccinate people if we don’t physically have the vaccine in the first place!?
    The product isn’t there to give to people- that’s the issue.

I was just responding to some bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

According to an Irish Times news update they're claiming that they might not be done vaccinating until November. And ofcourse they included the usual fear mongering of a 4th wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

LameBeaver wrote: »
    The point is that many are not. So whose fcuking fault is that? The government? I don`t think so chief.

So the onus is on the public to follow along perpetually with whatever illogical restrictions the Government implement? The Government can't take any responsibility for having literally no other plan in place after 12 MONTHS? Wow.

Everyone who possesses this mindset is literally ignoring human nature and willpower depletion. We've been at this for 12 months, of course people's motivation will wain, you'd have to be idiotic to think otherwise.

You live in a country of human beings, not humanoid cyborgs who can be programmed to carry out tasks indefinitely until programmed otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭CONSI

we could even use the big empty shopping centres, plenty of space to distance, loads of parking

I was just responding to some bull****.
    I think it went over your head.

The point is, comparing the two is futile. It's actually quite comical that people keep doing it. It shows a complete and utter misunderstanding of the situation. It's like Bray Wanderers comparing themselves to Real Madrid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

So the onus is on the public to follow along perpetually with whatever illogical restrictions the Government implement? The Government can't take any responsibility for having literally no other plan in place after 12 MONTHS? Wow.

Everyone who possesses this mindset is literally ignoring human nature and willpower depletion. We've been at this for 12 months, of course people's motivation will wain, you'd have to be idiotic to think otherwise.

You live in a country of human beings, not humanoid cyborgs who can be programmed to carry out tasks indefinitely until programmed otherwise.

Maybe people should walk around the city centre screaming:

"Stay 2m apart.
    Wash your hands.
    Please wear a face covering at all times to protect one another from covid 19.
    We stand together by staying apart.
    Hold firm.
    Stay home save lives.
    People are dying!"

Maybe people should walk around the city centre screaming:

"Stay 2m apart.
    Wash your hands.
    Please wear a face covering at all times to protect one another from covid 19.
    We stand together by staying apart.
    Hold firm.
    Stay home save lives.
    People are dying!"

Correct. They should do.

• Advertisement

More is the pity. That might change yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement