Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

What has littering got to do with Covid restrictions?? Do you never think of the people who have to clean up after you?

Who said I'm littering?

Who said I'm littering?

Originally Posted by Irish Stones View Post
    There are also people who are engaging into anti-social behaviors, like not respecting some everyday rules, parking across two spaces, not recycling the waste, littering the streets, wasting resources like water, electricity, polluting more, and so on.
    I, myself, am doing a few of the above. Kind of a vent to ease the pressure I feel on me.

"polluting, not recycling, littering"............were 3 of the anti social actions you mentioned! You also said you were doing "some of these myself to take pressure off me"

so what exactly did you mean??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Originally Posted by Irish Stones View Post
    There are also people who are engaging into anti-social behaviors, like not respecting some everyday rules, parking across two spaces, not recycling the waste, littering the streets, wasting resources like water, electricity, polluting more, and so on.
    I, myself, am doing a few of the above. Kind of a vent to ease the pressure I feel on me.

"polluting, not recycling, littering"............were 3 of the anti social actions you mentioned! You also said you were doing "some of these myself to take pressure off me"

so what exactly did you mean??

I mean that I'm doing a few of the above, not ALL of the above. This is the slight difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marksetgo

Where did covid come from?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

patnor1011 please PM me with CREDIBLE links to the claims you are making in your deleted post otherwise take it to the Conspiracy Theory Forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

I’m getting a very weird vibe from all my friends and family lately. Nobody cares anymore. Desensitised by the numbers, not bothered with the news anymore, sick of the lectures from NPHET, don’t even seem to care if lockdown continues or not.

Essentially, it’s like a nationwide depression at this point.

People are starting to break the rules out of necessity for their own sanity.

This is true, so many ignoring the lockdown that it is pointless at this stage. The Guards haven't even stopped us to ask where we're going when driving half way across the country anymore! Fair play lads.

Who is kary Mullins?

Did he mention anything about the PCR test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

marksetgo wrote: »
    Where did covid come from?

A shoebox?

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    A shoebox?

Was the shoebox man made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

The EU will only have enough vaccines for 70% of the population by 1 august?

https://twitter.com/EU_Commission/status/1374691542766657539

Thats a disaster.

• Advertisement

Thats a disaster.

2021 is officially f****d now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I was online trying to renew my passport a while back felt there might be a chance to get away later this year. I've pencilled in easter 2022 as the earliest now at this stage for travel. An utter ****show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thats a disaster.

How is it a disaster, 70% of the EU won't take it, probably closer to 50/60%. It's plenty of Vaccines to do us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2011abc

2021 is officially f****d now.

We're all f+++ed .Victims of an unholy alliance of billionaires,their bribed politician lackeys and Animal Farm Stalinist CCP.God help us .

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

How is it a disaster, 70% of the EU won't take it, probably closer to 50/60%. It's plenty of Vaccines to do us.

It's a ****ing ****show. The EU have monumentally failed with probably the most important thing they've ever had to do as a collective.

All the pro-Brexiters are loving this I'd say.

11521323 wrote: »
    It's a ****ing ****show. The EU have monumentally failed with probably the most important thing they've ever had to do as a collective.

If we get enough vaccines for 70% of the population we're laughing. It's a young county. We don't even need 70%.

Population in 1,000s

0 - 14 years 1,008.9
    15 - 24 years 618.1
    25 - 44 years 1,397
    45 - 64 years 1,201.2
    65 years and over 696.3

Once the over 65's and vulnerable are vaccinated icu admissions should have fallen off a cliff. No need to panic.

70% of adults it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dublin49

said on news this evening Denmark are opening up in May once the vunerable are vaccinated.hopefully it works and others follow suit and then the clamour for more radical action on re opening here may dramatically increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I didn't read through the the thread but regarding Russians sputnik vaccine. I would have no problem taking that. I see some Eastern European countries have already ordered some against the EU's decision. I think Ireland should too as waiting on the EU is madness. England will be finished vaccinating it's population and here we are spoon fed small quantities while waiting on the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Necro wrote: »
    patnor1011 please PM me with CREDIBLE links to the claims you are making in your deleted post otherwise take it to the Conspiracy Theory Forum

It is all out there in plain view. First, you can access US or UK vaccine related adverse reactions reporting sites and then there are some reactions to that from various news sources. Mainly excusing fatalities as they mostly occurred in nursing houses and victims were old.
    What do you mean CREDIBLE exactly?
    Could IBT be considered CREDIBLE in your eyes as hypocrisy of what is happening is quite strong on this example:
    https://www.ibtimes.com/over-900-died-after-receiving-covid-19-vaccine-experts-say-data-misinterpreted-3153820

There we are told that data may be misinterpreted because most of death and injuries happened in nursing houses and people there are old and in many cases sick... Right after listening all year how we should do anything to prevent a single death from covid happening.

With all due respect we are talking about emergency approved vaccines which were developed in record short time, skipped animal and large scale long term trials while manufacturers are supplying them only to customers which guarantee their indemnity from all possible future claims. We can pretend that nothing is happening as much as we want. I was told to go to conspiracy forum before when I said there will not be enough vaccines or that vaccine passports are coming. Bans were flying around when vitamin C and D were mentioned.
    Russian vaccine bad but Uk vaccine safe. Indemnity for producers all the while research was prepaid by all of us by countries preordering vaccines which they could not make work on animals in over 15 years they tried.
    Ban me if you want, nothing will surprise me anymore.

* link added for everyone to have a look at US Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System since some people think I am imagining it. Here you can find everything what was reported and not only recent covid vaccines but over a hundred of different other vaccines.
    https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/index.php

• Advertisement

I think it's time a Petition was started to force NPHET and the Media to only report daily deaths that occured within a 5 day period of their briefings.
    We have the nursing home residents vaccinated along with the people above the average death age.
    We're still clocking up days with 20+ deaths which gives a completely inaccurate impression of the current situation.
    If the Vaccines are doing the same as they did in other countries our daily deaths are close to Zero now, new hospitalisations and ICU admissions aren't anything of note.

I'm not seeing why this can't end very shortly if we're looking at and presenting real time data. We'll need to force their hand though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'm not seeing why this can't end very shortly if we're looking at and presenting real time data. We'll need to force their hand though.

If you 'll feel better cause of it, go for it, but I suspect very few will give a sh1t

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    If you 'll feel better cause of it, go for it, but I suspect very few will give a sh1t

Your probably correct, this is the problem everyone is just doing their own thing now, cherry picking what advice to follow, if we just sit back were looking at the end of June before the numbers eventually give NPHET any justification in calling for restrictions. If the numbers are relatively real time they've little justification right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Your probably correct, this is the problem everyone is just doing their own thing now, cherry picking what advice to follow, if we just sit back were looking at the end of June before the numbers eventually give NPHET any justification in calling for restrictions. If the numbers are relatively real time they've little justification right now.

Ah they have to report the numbers whatever way they can, I suspect not much will change in the next review, but people have certainly had enough, so it's gonna be next to impossible to enforce rules from now on, they have to plough on with vaccines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,479 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

11521323 wrote: »

The problem is that the vaccine can’t be made as fast as people want it. The world wants about 14bn shots and they want them now.

The eu is ahead of almost the the entire world in vaccine rate. So how they could be described as having failed is a bit of a mystery.

It’s disappointing to have it confirmed that we’re not likely to have 70%of adults vaccinated (53% of total population in Ireland). But with all the shortfall in supply over the last few months, is it much of a surprise? It seemed pretty clear that the manufacturers were struggling with getting the vaccine made in the qualities they had promised.

Glad the EC is doing more to keep the vaccines in the EU until we’re vaccinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,479 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

If we get enough vaccines for 70% of the population we're laughing. It's a young county. We don't even need 70%.

Population in 1,000s

0 - 14 years 1,008.9
    15 - 24 years 618.1
    25 - 44 years 1,397
    45 - 64 years 1,201.2
    65 years and over 696.3

Once the over 65's and vulnerable are vaccinated icu admissions should have fallen off a cliff. No need to panic.

Plus with the warmer weather we can expect to reopen in the coming months.

Whether we’ll get down to no restrictions is another matter and whether we’ll be able to stay restriction free without herd immunity in the winter is a complete unknown at the moment. We can only hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Did anyone hear Luke O'Neill this morning, seemingly the normal coronaviruses that usually circulate wipe out this one, for example if someone had Covid-19 in the house and someone else has a Cold, the cold becomes the dominant coronavirus.
    It makes an interesting case for stopping the ott approach to PPE to give the cold a clear run at taking over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I’m getting a very weird vibe from all my friends and family lately. Nobody cares anymore. Desensitised by the numbers, not bothered with the news anymore, sick of the lectures from NPHET, don’t even seem to care if lockdown continues or not.

Essentially, it’s like a nationwide depression at this point.

People are starting to break the rules out of necessity for their own sanity.

Yep I have noticed this as well. People who have been very careful to follow all the restrictions to date are just starting to give up. And it's not because of the restrictions themselves, it's the total lack of messaging or any kind of plan from the government. This 'we will see in six weeks' tactic isn't enough for people, they want to see roadmaps, metrics, milestones etc.

Also Glynns 'we all need to do more' was extremely tone deaf imo. The people who have been breaking restrictions aren't listening to him anyway. But the people who have adhered to them, myself included, think 'what the F more do you want us to do?'. Extremely morale sapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Why are the polls results hidden on the top of this page? Will they become visible tomorrow after it closes?

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yep I have noticed this as well. People who have been very careful to follow all the restrictions to date are just starting to give up. And it's not because of the restrictions themselves, it's the total lack of messaging or any kind of plan from the government. This 'we will see in six weeks' tactic isn't enough for people, they want to see roadmaps, metrics, milestones etc.

Also Glynns 'we all need to do more' was extremely tone deaf imo. The people who have been breaking restrictions aren't listening to him anyway. But the people who have adhered to them, myself included, think 'what the F more do you want us to do?'. Extremely morale sapping.

Yup. And still absolutely nothing about when we might open up. Even if it was with conditions on case numbers (which are irrelevant but seem to be their obsession) or hospital numbers or ICU numbers. Just any kind of ray of hope.
    As I pointed out about Martin last week, he said he wouldn't be drawn on speculation about when restrictions would be lifted. Then he speculated they'd be extended. Just another kick in the nads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement