Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,668 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think we will get to Easter and a lot of people who were “holding firm” will give up the ghost and say to hell with it. We’ve seen it already. Unless MM gives the performance of his LIFE on Tuesday offering a roadmap and a little bit of hope we’re ultimately screwed. Cases will probably explode but it’s fine, the ICU numbers are down at least and they’ll hopefully stay down having most of the vulnerable vaccinated.

NPHET are the ones deciding what the immediate future will look like here

MM 'all public health advice will be accepted'

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭haskellgeek

I'm going to bet they have every garda and their dog on checkpoint duty that weekend, Easter weekend. Do they release the overtime spend anywhere for the gardaí for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

I think we will get to Easter and a lot of people who were “holding firm” will give up the ghost and say to hell with it. We’ve seen it already. Unless MM gives the performance of his LIFE on Tuesday offering a roadmap and a little bit of hope we’re ultimately screwed. Cases will probably explode but it’s fine, the ICU numbers are down at least and they’ll hopefully stay down having most of the vulnerable vaccinated.

He is going to scrap the 5km, hairdressers reopen. Outdoor hospitality from May 21st. He will deliver a road map.

He is going to scrap the 5km, hairdressers reopen. Outdoor hospitality from May 21st. He will deliver a road map.

5km to ten/twenty/County/Country?

5km to ten/twenty/County/Country?

County travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

according to Leo today theres no roadmap coming Tuesday. So MM will have difficulty giving his life time performance if we only going to state " Ireland hold firm but you can go 10km for exercise."

Lol good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

He will deliver a road map.

Even if he does, its taken him nearly 6 months to do so , at this stage I will believe when I see it -
    But expect more negative leaks over the coming days, while NPET advice on Monday will be - Holdfirm for another few months of level 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    NPHET are the ones deciding what the immediate future will look like here

MM 'all public health advice will be accepted'

Did he really say that? Because I don't think he did.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

We were told different things would reopen before only to be met with continued restrictions. Michéal previously said that construction would reopen when cases reached less than 1000 per day, which they did at the end of January, and yet here were are now almost in April....

The last road map was a complete joke, 60 pages of waffle without metrics and dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Did he really say that? Because I don't think he did.....

You had Pat Kenny calling MM a mass murderer after his meaningful Christmas, if Tony says walk on all fours he'll go fetch him the leash.

County travel.

Pull the other one if you think that will actually happen. I'd love for it to happen I have no hope for it to happen however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Scotty # wrote: »
    You use Head & Shoulders?? But you don't have dandruff!

Typical reply from you. You see everything through a prism of Covid19. Nothing else matters.

I or anyone else could have cancer but sure we wouldn't know. Screenings stopped. Only Covid19 matters.

25% unemployment (45% of under 25s unemployed), sure who cares? Only Covid19 matters.

Mental health of our youth and older at an all time low. Who cares? Only Covid19 matters.

Over €1 billion leaving our economy every week due to our spend on a virus with over 99.5% survival rate and lost taxes - VAT, PAYE etc. Doesn't matter, only money. Covid19 only matters

Some people are still wearing the blinkers along with their 3 masks (just to be safe). Their numbers are dwindling, thankfully.

It's all very odd and it's a real eye opener to see folk like yourself so easily swayed and manipulated by the reams of garbage the majority of our news media churn out daily. RTÉ mainly.

And all for a few cheap clicks to keep the ad revenue coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭appledrop

Gazza that video is brilliant, it's after giving me a great laugh!

Exactly what I think of anytime anyone talks about outdoor dining in Ireland.

Pull the other one if you think that will actually happen. I'd love for it to happen I have no hope for it to happen however.

Let’s see who will be laughing.

And just to reiterate the wastage of money.

1500 people with no symptoms walked in for PCR tests today across the 5 new test centres.
    1500 x €150 = €225,000 before any staff are paid a cent.

That is just for one day.

What a disgusting waste of money to ease the insecurities of people scared sh!tless by MSM over the past year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Lundstram wrote: »
    It's all very odd and it's a real eye opener to see folk like yourself so easily swayed and manipulated by the reams of garbage the majority of our news media churn out daily. RTÉ mainly.
    If only all those professors, doctors, pharmacists, scientists, virologists, immunologists, etc, etc, etc, were as clever as you eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

And just to reiterate the wastage of money.

1500 people with no symptoms walked in for PCR tests today across the 5 new test centres.
    1500 x €150 = €225,000 before any staff are paid a cent.

That is just for one day.

What a disgusting waste of money to ease the insecurities of people scared sh!tless by MSM over the past year.

Average test costs €98.

Anyway, what do you think would happen if we stopped testing those without symptoms, sure the amount of people positive and them not knowing it. Do you think the state want to be spending this money or do you think they don't want us out there spending our money into the economy? They're advised by science available and just because it hinders your life, doesn't make its the wrong thing to be doing. Nobody said the global pandemic was going to be a ball of craic.

If you think rationally about it and understand that the government wants out of this as much as you do, it all clicks. It's not as easy as the internet forums make it out to be, there's a reason things are like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

1500 people with no symptoms walked in for PCR tests today across the 5 new test centres.1500 x €150 = €225,000 before any staff are paid a cent.

Those numbers will hopefully be repeated or increased every day for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Restrictions should be done on a regional basis but I highly doubt that they will be introduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Dickie10

easter should be a nice early test of the vaccines, if hospital numbers and ICU stay low were oon a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

If only all those professors, doctors, pharmacists, scientists, virologists, immunologists, etc, etc, etc, were as clever as you eh?

At least there’s one good thing. Dr Ronan Glynn said today “ The vaccination programme will 'bring us back to a level of normality that we haven't experienced since 2019”

Isn’t that great Scotty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

It's a pity so many in the scientific have lost all credibility, and there's barely a shred of integrity between the lot of them. Science has become politicised, and our narrow minded government have tunnel vision on a single issue, at the expense of all other issues. Unbelievable.

Jesus, I took a break from this forum for a while, hadn't been on a lot since last year and it's terrifying the amount of red necks that are on it now.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    It's a pity so many in the scientific have lost all credibility, and there's barely a shred of integrity between the lot of them. Science has become politicised, and our narrow minded government have tunnel vision on a single issue, at the expense of all other issues. Unbelievable.

Sure aren't we so lucky to have the world's best infectious disease experts all centralised on the island of Ireland. All sharing their wisdom and knowledge to protect us all from this "deadly virus".

Our top man Tony laughed off suggestions of masks this time last year, no good he said. Sam McConkey predicted over 100k deaths by the end of 2020. He's still given airtime to this day. Many more examples of these chancers tripping themselves up. Gerry Kileen is on another level.

NPHET is a quango whose only plan is Level 5 lockdown. 40 of them and that's their solution.

Ireland is so lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Unless MM gives the performance of his LIFE on Tuesday offering a roadmap and a little bit of hope we’re ultimately screwed.

MM will probably announce that he has finally made a decision on what will happen over Christmas. Then say that he needs more time to think about if vaccines are a good idea or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Jesus, I took a break from this forum for a while, hadn't been on a lot since last year and it's terrifying the amount of red necks that are on it now.

The first thing you do after your hiatus is to call others names........

Sure aren't we so lucky to have the world's best infectious disease experts all centralised on the island of Ireland. All sharing their wisdom and knowledge to protect us all from this "deadly virus".

Our top man Tony laughed off suggestions of masks this time last year, no good he said. Sam McConkey predicted over 100k deaths by the end of 2020. He's still given airtime to this day. Many more examples of these chancers tripping themselves up. Gerry Kileen is on another level.

NPHET is a quango whose only plan is Level 5 lockdown. 40 of them and that's their solution.

Ireland is so lucky.

The WHO were saying the same thing about masks at the same time, it was a developing situation, science moves with research and evidence. Can you point me to the one who had all the answers this time last year, I'd love to me the Messiah himself.

You're as transparent as anything, you clearly don't have a clue and are just spouting nonsense in anger at the situation.

If you honestly believe that you are the all seeing eye, the great one to call out the big bad science men, you're obviously a bit mad.

The first thing you do after your hiatus is to call others names........

It's absolute garbage being spouted, talk about gone to ****e.

• Advertisement

GooglePlus wrote: »
    The WHO were saying the same thing about masks at the same time, it was a developing situation, science moves with research and evidence. Can you you point me to the one who had all the answers this time last year, I'd love to me the Messiah himself.

You're as transparent as anything, you clearly don't have a clue and are just spouting nonsense in anger at the situation.

If you honestly believe that you are the all seeing eye, the great one to call out the big bad science men, you're obviously a bit mad.

Well the WHO are saying lockdown should not be a primary solution to Covid19. Ireland has been in full lockdown for all of 2021. The longest in the EU. You shouldn't use the WHO to back up your theories when as of now they're disagreeing with your opinion.

2 of your last 3 posts have been to name call a poster who disagrees with you.

Stay classy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement