Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

GooglePlus wrote: »
    It's absolute garbage being spouted, talk about gone to ****e.

You're forced to read and comment here by whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

You're forced to read and comment here by whom?

Absolutely nobody, what's your point?

Does that mean I can't call out tripe when I see it?

Lundstram wrote: »
    Well the WHO are saying lockdown should not be a primary solution to Covid19. Ireland has been in full lockdown for all of 2021. The longest in the EU. You shouldn't use the WHO to back up your theories when as of now they're disagreeing with your opinion.

2 of your last 3 posts have been to name call a poster who disagrees with you.

Stay classy.

They did say that and unfortunately we don't have the capacity for their primary recommendation which is efficient track & trace. So, in the absence of that solution, what is your suggestion instead of lockdown until we reach sufficient vaccination levels?

You saying things like "deadly virus" (your quotation marks) gives you away. You're clearly a Covid denier of some sort.

Absolutely nobody, what's your point?

Does that mean I can't call out tripe when I see it?

I didn't suggest you couldn't, but referring to others as 'red necks' because they don't share your opinion I believe is nothing short of trolling.

I didn't suggest you couldn't, but referring to others as 'red necks' because they don't share your opinion I believe is nothing short of trolling.

I was referring to the American redneck mentality when saying that and didn't say it to any specific person, so anyone taking offence may just see the redneck in themselves and may already know the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

They did say that and unfortunately we don't have the capacity for their primary recommendation which is efficient track & trace. So, in the absence of that solution, what is your suggestion instead of lockdown?

Wait, back up. "we don't have the capacity for their primary recommendation, efficient track and trace".

Over €30 billion will be sunk into the HSE in 2021 and we have well over 1 million out of work.

You're telling me we don't have capacity to efficiently track and trace. One year on and this is what you come out with.

Embarrassed for you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

What a disgusting waste of money to ease the insecurities of people scared sh!tless by MSM over the past year.

Odd position to take
    Went for a Covid19 test today. Pretty good experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Micky 32 wrote: »
    At least there’s one good thing. Dr Ronan Glynn said today “ The vaccination programme will 'bring us back to a level of normality that we haven't experienced since 2019”

Israels passed 50% vaccinated, you still need to wear masks outdoors. Don't be under any illusion NPHET will be giving us back 2019. They'll be like Fauci moving the goalposts once we get the UK variant under control, we'll be introduced to the b514, 512, 117, 865, 456, 764 variants all more transmissible and deadly each time.
    There's 160+ versions of the normal coronaviruses like the common cold, they can potentially keep this going until every publican is with O'Leary in the grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Graham wrote: »
    Odd position to take

I had symptoms. What's your point?

Your big GOTCHA moment failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

:D
    Israels passed 50% vaccinated, you still need to wear masks outdoors. Don't be under any illusion NPHET will be giving us back 2019. They'll be like Fauci moving the goalposts once we get the UK variant under control, we'll be introduced to the b514, 512, 117, 865, 456, 764 variants all more transmissible and deadly each time.
    There's 160+ versions of the normal coronaviruses like the common cold, they can potentially keep this going until every publican is with O'Leary in the grave.

Lol :pac: we’re all doomed. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Average test costs €98.

Well thats only €147,000 then, sure its buttons when you think about it.

Wait, back up. "we don't have the capacity for their primary recommendation, efficient track and trace".

Over €30 billion will be sunk into the HSE in 2021 and we have well over 1 million out of work.

You're telling me we don't have capacity to efficiently track and trace. One year on and this is what you come out with.

Embarrassed for you.

Right, so let's say you're right. The government have all the resources there but have messed up track and trace, it clearly doesn't work. What is your alternative solution, as that's the situation we're in right now. We don't have sufficient track and trace, the primary solution from the WHO, what is the secondary solution?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I had symptoms. What's your point?

Good to see your mind was put at ease with access to testing and a negative result was the outcome. I hadn't assumed it was because you were "scared sh!tless by MSM"
    Quite pleased to see testing is now available to others. Even if it gets a few more positive cases isolating, it'll be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Well thats only €147,000 then, sure its buttons when you think about it.

It cost every man, woman and child in the country €0.03 each today so

scandalous

I was referring to the American redneck mentality when saying that and didn't say it to any specific person, so anyone taking offence may just see the redneck in themselves and may already know the truth.

This ain't America , but if you think ascribing a lampooned section of Americana to posters on an Irish site gives you credibility work away.

This ain't America , but if you think ascribing a lampooned section of Americana to posters on an Irish site gives you credibility work away.

And if being the caretaker of one gives you a sense of purpose, work away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

I am getting the feeling that when the 5km restriction is lifted many of the lockdownistas will cease to have any meaning in their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Well the WHO are saying lockdown should not be a primary solution to Covid19. Ireland has been in full lockdown for all of 2021. The longest in the EU. You shouldn't use the WHO to back up your theories when as of now they're disagreeing with your opinion.

2 of your last 3 posts have been to name call a poster who disagrees with you.

Stay classy.

No they quietly changed that piece of wisdom some time ago.
    What is WHO’s position on ‘lockdowns’ as a way of fighting COVID-19?

Large scale physical distancing measures and movement restrictions, often referred to as ‘lockdowns’, can slow COVID‑19 transmission by limiting contact between people...

WHO recognizes that at certain points, some countries have had no choice but to issue stay-at-home orders and other measures, to buy time...

WHO is hopeful that countries will use targeted interventions where and when needed, based on the local situation.

Eitherway I wouldn't be putting too much weight on their advice - the WHO also previously supported the Chinese government who claimed there was little or evidence of P2P transmission and that was absolutely no need need for countries to place restrictions on flights from China even though the government there had put in place its own gulag style restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

We can all be pedantic about it!! imo. When is it ending???. No one knows, it looks like we will NEVER get back to less than 50/100 cases per day, from what they've said...... That's fine.....please tell us how it will go on, as an on going concern.....Please!!.
    I don't want to hear about... not knowing..., new variants....etc., etc.
    R.T.E. is our national broadcaster ffs!!!
    We pay for those shower of......
    We need facts and figures......
    Day in , day out......
    Maybe it's there, but in my eyes they couldn't communicate about a 21st birthday party ffs!!!!
    When are we going to stop listening to these degenerates???
    It's never ending!!!, And long before covid was a thing, there hasn't been ONE!!! social provision that has EVER worked right
    They're lifelong politicians!!!.
    M. Martin , our Taoiseach was minister for health over a decade ago.
    When are people going to realise, these people couldn't care less.....
    He's over 30.......over 30!!!! years as an elected official in the Dail. That's truly frightening in my eyes. Like it's absolutely insane tbf!!!
    These are the elected officials , telling you and I what to do.
    When will people wake up to how bad it is???
    No worries, I suppose, Tubridy is on Friday...............insane!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LameBeaver

volono wrote: »
    We can all be pedantic about it!! imo. When is it ending???. No one knows, it looks like we will NEVER get back to less than 50/100 cases per day, from what they've said...... That's fine.....please tell us how it will go on, as an on going concern.....Please!!.
    I don't want to hear about... not knowing..., new variants....etc., etc.
    R.T.E. is our national broadcaster ffs!!!
    We pay for those shower of......
    We need facts and figures......
    Day in , day out......
    Maybe it's there, but in my eyes they couldn't communicate about a 21st birthday party ffs!!!!
    When are we going to stop listening to these degenerates???
    It's never ending!!!, And long before covid was a thing, there hasn't been ONE!!! social provision that has EVER worked right
    They're lifelong politicians!!!.
    M. Martin , our Taoiseach was minister for health over a decade ago.
    When are people going to realise, these people couldn't care less.....
    He's over 30.......over 30!!!! years as an elected official in the Dail. That's truly frightening in my eyes. Like it's absolutely insane tbf!!!
    These are the elected officials , telling you and I what to do.
    When will people wake up to how bad it is???
    No worries, I suppose, Tubridy is on Friday...............insane!!!!!

We get facts and figures every day to beat the band chief. Hardly the government or the media`s` fault if you can`t understand them. Nice rambling incoherent rant though chief. Actually reading some of your earlier posts it looks like you have been hitting the bottle. Time for you to go to bed and sleep it off chief.

• Advertisement

LameBeaver wrote: »
    We get facts and figures every day to beat the band chief. Hardly the government or the media`s` fault if you can`t understand them. Nice rambling incoherent rant though chief. Do you feel better now?

Feel millions times better chief!! , hearing from someone like yousrlf. I certainly do understand them , vaccination deliveries, vaccinations to the population etc..
    My point being...... I want coherent , as in... black as coal facts , figures , charts.......feckin emogi's if that what it takes.
    Please don't try to tell me, the general population are informed, about literally anything our elected officials do. We have a state broadcaster, that WE pay for, those 2 channels should be used to show EVERY piece of adverts their paying, money being paid out, government contracts, any legislation being enacted. On RTE.....this was put out to tender........for wotever?.....here's the costs people!!!. It'll never happen. It'll go on and on and on..........and is tbf!!!!

LameBeaver wrote: »
    We get facts and figures every day to beat the band chief. Hardly the government or the media`s` fault if you can`t understand them. Nice rambling incoherent rant though chief. Actually reading some of your earlier posts it looks like you have been hitting the bottle. Time for you to go to bed and sleep it off chief.

That's not here or there, Wots frightening about that now re- reading ur post , you tried to put me down with it now . My god 🙠, I've nothing but good thoughts for you......stay safe, hope all's well with you.

Never been a regular poster as such , here and there over the years. I was never shot down with my opinions , I always thought that was the whole point of boards!
    A person there with 54 posts and every last one re:Corona.........strange to say the least!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SilentGreenx32

Jesus, I took a break from this forum for a while, hadn't been on a lot since last year and it's terrifying the amount of red necks that are on it now.

maybe you should go take another break and spare us of your condescension

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Cdemess

I see angry people on every page.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

gozunda wrote: »
    No they quietly changed that piece of wisdom some time ago.

Eitherway I wouldn't be putting too much weight on their advice - the WHO also previously supported the Chinese government who claimed there was little or evidence of P2P transmission and that was absolutely no need need for countries to place restrictions on flights from China even though the government there had put in place its own gulag style restrictions.

Finally, something we can agree on. The WHO blows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Cdemess wrote: »

That’s because after the longest ‘2 weeks’ to push the virus back... sweet flûck all was done to ‘build capacity’ in the hospitals.

People are angry that clowns earning 420,000 euro per year wouldn’t hit the floor if they fell over. Useless gob5h1tes running the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,018 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

When you throw that lie in it really undermines your whole point. On the plus side the thanks it gets make it easy to know who to ignore.

Using the same stupid math as above user, cancer has a 99.82% survival rate in Ireland so we don't have to worry about that either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Cdemess wrote: »

The anger needs to filter to M Martin and his amigos. The circus he is running has expired, it’s time for them to get out and nphet and their crew too.
    The people have enough, M Martin couldn’t lie straight in bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I think we will get to Easter and a lot of people who were “holding firm” will give up the ghost and say to hell with it. We’ve seen it already. Unless MM gives the performance of his LIFE on Tuesday offering a roadmap and a little bit of hope we’re ultimately screwed. Cases will probably explode but it’s fine, the ICU numbers are down at least and they’ll hopefully stay down having most of the vulnerable vaccinated.

Yep. In this house its all over if there are travel restrictions after 5th April.
    Tell people not to visit homes and not to go to shops and stay 2m away. All that is fine and people can stick to it. But confining people to within x distance of their homes is just too much and wont be tolerated by many anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement