Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    As I said above, we'll find out Tuesday. I'm guessing at least 4 weeks, if not 6 of Level 5. What's your own opinion?

Mine is travel restrictions lifted.
    There is no other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

JimmyVik wrote: »
    There is no other way.

10km? 20km? County wide or country wide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

There is no other way.

“”Despite the case numbers, Higher Education Minister Simon Harris said he expects April to see a “slight easing of some restrictions".

“I think it has to,” he said. “I don’t want to overly speculate but that 5km is driving people absolutely bonkers at this stage.””

I'd say 5km expended to 20km. Construction will be housing only - maybe early May for the rest of the industry. retail to remain as is. Return of rest of school students perhaps in doubt in light of recent numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

On the radio yesterday they said both the FF and FG parliamentary parties have a lot of members who are putting pressure on their leaders to get restrictions relaxed in April, as they are feeling the pain from their voters.

Time will tell. But something has to give.

If there is no relaxation come April 5th, it won't go down well with the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'd say 5km expended to 20km. Construction will be housing only - maybe early May for the rest of the industry. retail to remain as is. Return of rest of school students perhaps in doubt in light of recent numbers.

They would weld us all in our homes before they would see the schools not go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's very little people putting any notice in the 5km, they don't even track it they track people going over 10km, which is over 40% of the population. There should be no limit on travel it's irrelevant all that matters is you keep to the basics where ever you are.

.... all that matters is you keep to the basics where ever you are.

That's the problem. This is not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

As I said above, we'll find out Tuesday. I'm guessing at least 4 weeks, if not 6 of Level 5. What's your own opinion?

I view the 5km exercise limit as a nonsense as I live rurally, in a city it's even stupider as you concentrate people into a smaller area. Alot more construction will open next month, click and collect nearer the end of the month. Outdoor hospitality mid May.
    You may disagree but the present lockdown is forcing people to meet indoors when outdoors is far safer. I would also like to see Nphet step back and give advice instead of dictates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That's the problem. This is not happening.

It stopped happening when the anti-face brigade got their way. Distancing and hygine gone out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

... all that matters is you keep to the basics where ever you are.
    ...until the first sunny day comes and you've 8k teenagers on Portmarnock beech.

Letting people use their own common sense does not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Scotty # wrote: »
    ...until the first sunny day comes and you've 8k teenagers on Portmarnock beech.

I’d be glad to see them outside in the fresh air after the year they’ve had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Well thats what happens when you lock them up for so long.
    You get a much bigger backlash when they finally all break.
    And people have broken, make no mistake about that.

So the government have a choice to make now. Relax the restrictions. Or keep them.
    Either way people will ignore them at this point. And if the government arent the ones relaxing them, they will take no more from the government in future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

I see Paul Reid is concerned about children playing together after school, but still insists that they are perfectly fine being together when actually at school.

Who exactly do these clowns think think they are fooling?

All the 400k wage counting he does is confusing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭mikekerry

All the 400k wage counting he does is confusing him.

430k:eek:

Well thats what happens when you lock them up for so long.
    Locked up?? Who's been locked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

Locked up?? Who's been locked up?

Domestic abuse? What domestic abuse? Oh that? My husband just gets frustrated sometimes and has difficulty controlling his anger. He's working on it!

Drinking problem? What drinking problem? I just have a few glasses of wine every night to unwind! There's nothing wrong with that!

Domestic abuse? What domestic abuse? Oh that? My husband just gets frustrated sometimes and has difficulty controlling his anger. He's working on it!

Drinking problem? What drinking problem? I just have a few glasses of wine every night to unwind! There's nothing wrong with that!
    Sorry to hear that. Don't see what it has to do with my question though? Who was locked up?

Scotty doesn't care about that, or about the people who lost their jobs, he has been very clear on that at times.
    Where was I clear about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Where was I clear about that?

From my memory you suggested only a minority are struggling because the industrial estate you work in is busy. Clearly where you work is not that busy as you prehaps are the most prolific poster on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Sorry to hear that. Don't see what it has to do with my question though? Who was locked up?

The whole country. Being allowed to leave to do exercise on your 5km or go to SuperValu is not a life. Your inevitable attempt at gaslighting won’t work. I’ve been under effective house arrest for a year.

Parachutes wrote: »
    The whole country. Being allowed to leave to do exercise on your 5km or go to SuperValu is not a life. Your inevitable attempt at gaslighting won’t work. I’ve been under effective house arrest for a year.
    You are allowed go as far as you need for Supervalu. 5km radius gives you 78.5km² for exercise. Are you suggesting you need more?? LOL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

https://www.britannica.com/topic/house-arrest

If you are, well definitely not because of covid restrictions in place..

From my memory you suggested only a minority are struggling because the industrial estate you work in is busy. Clearly where you work is not that busy as you prehaps are the most prolific poster on this thread.

:D:D:D ^^ this! A bit like the "Carlsberg Complaints office" cobwebs and dust on the desk , Scotty frantically replying to every comment on Boards to pass the day!

You are allowed go as far as you need for Supervalu. 5km radius gives you 78.5km² for exercise. Are you suggesting you need more?? LOL!!!

I’m suggesting I go to whatever shop I please and go exercising wherever I want and with whatever sport team I want.. go to my favourite barber to get my haircut and meet my friends in the pub of my choosing. It’s called freedom. We used to have a lot of it before the little authoritarians like yourself came out of the woodwork.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/house-arrest

If you are, well definitely not because of covid restrictions in place..

How is it any different except I haven’t committed any crime. How are the loony Covidians going to gas light us into this one? This is not in anyway a normal or preferable way to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

How is it any different except I haven’t committed any crime. How are the loony Covidians going to gas light us into this one? This is not in anyway a normal or preferable way to live.

Sorry, I have no idea what's loony covidians and wouldn't have a clue what are you actually talking about. Apart from me me me attitude in your previous post.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Sorry, I have no idea what's loony covidians and wouldn't have a clue what are you actually talking about. Apart from me me me attitude in your previous post.

What me me me attitude? The whole country is suffering these restrictions and we are only rewarded with more and more and more. Go on, tell me then, how isn’t this effective house arrest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

if you live in the city you are very restricted. I want to see nature - nature is too far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

Aren't you supposed to be arguing the point that we're not locked up? The fact that we can go grocery shopping and exercise within a specific state-mandated distance around our houses is your argument?

At least have the intellectual honesty to admit that "yes we're locked up and it's fine" or "yes we're locked up and it's for the common good". But don't try to deceive people (or yourself?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement