Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will it all end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Parachutes wrote: »
    What me me me attitude? The whole country is suffering these restrictions and we are only rewarded with more and more and more. Go on, tell me then, how isn’t this effective house arrest?

It isn't effective house arrest.. anyway I'm out. Enjoy this thread!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

At least have the intellectual honesty to admit that "yes we're locked up and it's fine" or "yes we're locked up and it's for the common good". But don't try to deceive people (or yourself?)
    What I consider to be locked up and what you consider to be locked up are obviously very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

NIMAN wrote: »
    On the radio yesterday they said both the FF and FG parliamentary parties have a lot of members who are putting pressure on their leaders to get restrictions relaxed in April, as they are feeling the pain from their voters.

Too little, too late. They should have been after Martin and Varadkar since last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

if you live in the city you are very restricted. I want to see nature - nature is too far away.
    'Seeing nature' would fall under non essential travel and is not permitted at all, 5km or no 5km.

Not saying I agree, but them's the current rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

if you live in the city you are very restricted. I want to see nature - nature is too far away.

And if you live in the countryside you are very restricted too - people in the city generally have street lights and can go for walks at night etc, also have lots of people and possibly friends and family within the 5k - not so much in a rural area, nothing around, friends and family much more spread out etc

Different benefits to both places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Scotty # wrote: »
    'Seeing nature' would fall under non essential travel and is not permitted at all, 5km or no 5km.

Not saying I agree, but them's the current rules.

But we’re supposedly not locked up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

trixi001 wrote: »
    And if you live in the countryside you are very restricted too - people in the city generally have street lights and can go for walks at night etc, also have lots of people and possibly friends and family within the 5k - not so much in a rural area, nothing around, friends and family much more spread out etc

My sister lives on a straight road.
    There is cross roads about 5km up the road.
    I guess she can walk to that and back :)
    She calls the road "The exercise yard"

trixi001 wrote: »

You used to be able to go wherever you wanted. At your flimsiest whim. It was nothing short of beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LameBeaver

You used to be able to go wherever you wanted. At your flimsiest whim. It was nothing short of beautiful.

Heartbreaking story chief. All you`re short is this for added effect.

R798081fee0fa08b3f6e6c63581aa50d2?rik=UwyVMQkXklRnNQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hogwild.net%2fimages%2fhog%2fanim-hog-sad-violin-cry.gif&ehk=MfRK3zuF9lfPnEKkJBXjwxghaC8SgnGfKpV%2fi5afNsM%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

LameBeaver wrote: »
    Heartbreaking story chief. All you`re short is this for added effect.

R798081fee0fa08b3f6e6c63581aa50d2?rik=UwyVMQkXklRnNQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hogwild.net%2fimages%2fhog%2fanim-hog-sad-violin-cry.gif&ehk=MfRK3zuF9lfPnEKkJBXjwxghaC8SgnGfKpV%2fi5afNsM%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

Who am I kidding? I never followed it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

Back to making negative comments about people's posts.......nothing to add to any of them constructively. Well done, good name by the way Lame!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Scotty # wrote: »
    You are allowed go as far as you need for Supervalu. 5km radius gives you 78.5km² for exercise. Are you suggesting you need more?? LOL!!!

Are you saying you can go past the 5km for food?

Technically you can, but I know of someone who went past our local Supervalu to go an extra 15km to an Aldi/Lidl, and got fined.

That was harsh I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

Technically you can, but I know of someone who went past our local Supervalu to go an extra 15km to an Aldi/Lidl, and got fined.

Legally, the 5km is only for exercise - you aren't allowed to go somewhere even within the 5km if its not for an essential reason or for exercise..however this doesn't seem to be how its enforced, you seem to be able to do whatever as long as it is within 5km...

In terms of shopping etc, the 5km is meaningless..

I would be challenging that fine - going to a supermarket is fine, and absolutely no reason that you should only be allowed to go the the expensive village or small town supermarket.. Now driving past one lidl to go to another one an additional 20km away might be considered unreasonable..but driving past a supervalu to go to Lidl, should be absolutely fine, and any guard that fines someone for that is a tosser who is likes to think he has more power than he has!

The Covid is a classist virus. Will only infect the plebs who shop in Aldi/Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Government now worried about lifting 5km restriction resulting in the end of the eviction ban.

Strange that they bring in hotel quarantine, 5km limit, ban all sorts with a flick of a switch but somehow extending eviction ban is impossible.

All very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So now they are saying the wave in Europe now will be the worst so far ?

Will they ever let the fear mongering go ?

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭Tredstone.

How many people have actually died 'of' covid ?

Is there any data for that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Who said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,668 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

George lee and Staines salivating at the thought

****ing hell were ****ed, there will be a natural rise with the Easter holidays and NPHET/Government will hit the panic button straight away

This is never ****ing ending :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaktainPicard

Who said that?

In Germany they are saying that, some Robert Cock guy ...

I just don't believe any of it anymore, the vaccines are rolling out and summer is coming so they have to come out with this bs to keep us terrified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaktainPicard

I wonder in Easter 2023 when we are still in Level 19 lockdown will the likes of Boggles, TomMahoney, Graham etc - will they still be saying "HOLD FIRM WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" !!

all joking aside thats a serious question, I would love to know at what point will you guys say "OK enough is enough time to learn to live with this ...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I just don't believe any of it anymore, the vaccines are rolling out and summer is coming so they have to come out with this bs to keep us terrified.

I can't find the article but it was in the FT. The problem now for governments is how to get those vaccinated to still behave as if they are in danger.

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭Tredstone.

I can't find the article but it was in the FT. The problem now for governments is how to get those vaccinated to still behave as if they are in danger.

Get them to Sign the official secrets act

Pm them that the vaccine doesn't work after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Variants ....deadly variants...and the good thing about variants is you will never run out of them!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Variants ....deadly variants...and the good thing about variants is you will never run out of them!!!
    The variant can vary also, especially when you are counting up to 400,000. Perhaps there is 400k variants or is that euros.

Any links to what exactly they’re saying?

They don’t have to behave. It will just prolong the restrictions the more people mix. It’s up to people to choose how to behave.

It’s a test of the argument that people will assess the risk for themselves and choose how to behave accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭patnor1011

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Jesus, I took a break from this forum for a while, hadn't been on a lot since last year and it's terrifying the amount of red necks that are on it now.

Take another longer break. Nobody will miss you I would say that nobody even notice.

I wonder in Easter 2023 when we are still in Level 19 lockdown will the likes of Boggles, TomMahoney, Graham etc - will they still be saying "HOLD FIRM WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" !!

all joking aside thats a serious question, I would love to know at what point will you guys say "OK enough is enough time to learn to live with this ...."

Believe it or not, there’s nutters out there who prefer this new abnormal compare to the way things were.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Believe it or not, there’s nutters out there who prefer this new abnormal compare to the way things were.

I suspect most of the people you've put in this category actually don't prefer it, they just understand why it's necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement